Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 04:59 PM

2 posts, read 12,143 times

Advertisements

I was thinking of relocating to Gillette to work at Powder River Coal Company as a truck driver. I heard on the news that there is good money to be made.I'm trying to find more information on wages and benefits. I have not had any luck with the internet to obtain any type of precise information. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has the information about this company or from anyone who has worked for them or is currently working for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2006, 08:08 PM

592 posts, read 2,244,145 times
Archie, I havent worked for them but I am sure you will find the wages and benifits are pretty good. With the boom that is going on it is hard for them to find good help so they have to be very competitive with wages etc to keep employees. Try looking up Rio Tinto on the net . they may be affiliated ?
Wyomiles

Old 12-04-2006, 09:28 AM
MHT

434 posts, read 2,254,941 times
Default Powder River Coal

Check with the Wyoming Workforce center. www.wyomingworkforce.net
The other option is to get their phone number on the internet (dexonline.com) and call them.

Old 12-17-2006, 12:13 AM

5 posts, read 22,907 times
Default Gillette and Powder River Coal

Try manpower temp. service out of gillette had lots of success

Old 01-07-2007, 09:30 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
Default Boom

Everybody keeps talking about the boom. I really don't think Coal is considered in the boom anymore. When it was first started, yes it caused a big boom. But normally when you think of Boom, you think a few years and it goes away because it's used up. Not so with the coal. I was on the crew that built Eagle in Gillette. That was in 1973. It's still running just fine and employs more people today then it did back then.

For instance, when Methane was discovered, we boomed. What happens once all the pipe line is run? Certainly won't take all those workers to keep it going. Where as the coal will always have to be mined and trucked. They haven't figured out a good method for pipelining coal. haha

So if your going to move into a boom area, look at the jobs that will be there when the boom is over. I.E. Don't look at the job installing pipe. Look at the job maintaining wells and metering. It pays a little less, but 10 years from now, it'll still be there.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 9,804 times
Default working for Powder River Coal

I was doing a general serch and stumbled accross your posting...maybe I can help. Poder River Coal does it's hiring straight from manpower...their pay is around $16/hr. Then if you work for Powder River Coal company in one the mines in around Gillette for 6 months and have no accidents and prove yourself to be a safe and able employee, they will give you an interview for full-time employment. The wadges start at $25/hr. and go up to about $28 for equipment operators. You can find contact information on both Manpower, and Powder River Coal co. on the web...your best bet is to get in contanct with both places and follow their instructions...and yes we are needing workers. By the way...I am an employee of Powder River Coal and am very happy. I hope this helps.

Old 01-12-2008, 05:11 PM

592 posts, read 2,244,145 times
So sups, does it really take six months or can you get hired on sooner ? Does experience count ? Does anyone skip the six months with manpower ?

Old 04-14-2009, 08:11 PM

18 posts, read 94,122 times
Sups,
It's always great to hear from people who are currently employed by a particular company/at a particular mine. That's awesome that you like it there. Good for folks to know they must treat their workers right.
Stacie
Moderator cut: advertising is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 04-15-2009 at 02:04 AM..

Old 09-16-2009, 07:07 PM

1 posts, read 6,727 times
questions because its been a year since new information has been added...is powder river mine still hiring?and has it changed to them hiring directly? or do you still need to work for manpower to work out there?

Old 09-18-2009, 12:06 AM

48 posts, read 137,343 times
PRCC is hiring directly. when i went through my new miner training, there were several folk from out of state who were just starting as PRC employees. we've made a big push to reduce the amount of temps (manpower) being used. almost all of our manpower workers have been moved to north antelope rochelle (outside of wright)

unfortunately as has been said, Coal is in a slump at the moment, so there are more applicants than jobs for most positions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming