Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 09:27 PM

507 posts, read 662,379 times

Advertisements

Galeotos doing ads now touting Lummis endorsement. I get bombarded with popups from Galeotos and Friess. I believe they both are self-financing to an extent. I don't watch tv (unless college football is on in the hotel) so don't know what they do there. I kinda decided that Gordon is the Jeb Bush in our primary, Hageman is our female version of Ted Cruz (with a little Rand Paul thrown in), and I dunno is Galeotos our Donald Trump? If you watch his interviews, he is not exactly a typical
conservative so maybe. I've picked Harriet Hageman for my favorite horse, so my odds-making may get less objective....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 09:30 PM

400 posts, read 454,244 times
I resent the fact that all of our “local” television news in my part of Wyoming comes from Salt Lake City. Don’t get me wrong, I like Salt Lake City just fine, I just don’t care about what the Utah legislature is up to.

Old 07-10-2018, 11:06 PM

149 posts, read 258,957 times
One last note before calling it a night. I find some of this polling data quite fascinating. Even more so in the age of our hyper-instantaneous social media networking, and especially in its failure in critical states in the last presidential election. Out of the 596 respondents of this UW poll, exactly 1 was called in Niobrara county. Niobrara’s current share of the 176,000 registered Republicans in Wyoming is 0.4%. So basically 1 registered republican was called out of roughly 700 in the entire county! How can you possibly extrapolate this individual county’s preferred candidate from such a minuscule sample? I’m just imagining pockets here and there of “grassroots” support for certain candidates that would be impossible to gauge from this survey instrument, as thoroughly scientific as it might have been!

Old 07-11-2018, 11:27 AM

Niobrara is one of the most conservative counties. NE Wyo is the most conservative part of the state with Weston, Crook, Campbell, and Converse along with Niobrara, which went for Taylor Haynes over Matt Mead in the last election. I'm very familiar with Niobrara County-will bet the farm it is solidly Haynes/Hageman.

Hey, while they are questioning Haynes residency, keep in mind that Foster Friess, Dave Dodson, Gary Trauner all live in Jackson Hole. So since they aren't true Wyoming residents, how can they be running?

Old 07-11-2018, 11:36 AM

You’re absolutely right that Niobrara will go heavily for Hageman most likely. The irony is that it’s possible the voter they called is one of the few Gordon supporters in that area. Definitely an unpredictable and inexact science!

Old 07-11-2018, 10:32 PM

Attention being paid to both Gordon and Galeotos in articles on: thewyoming.net Skeletons in closets? So now something dawns on me...between interviews and further information coming out....are these two actually courting the same crowd? Sam projects a more conservative identity deal with Lummis endorsement, Trump support, outsider businessman, etc. but is he actually drawing support from people who otherwise would be in the Gordon camp? Dunno but starting to seem possible. This debate tomorrow could be interesting to see if it has any effect of possibly improving or diminishing anyone's chances.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:49 AM

According to Rosenfeld at the Casper Star Tribune, you are exactly correct:

“As for Gordon, he’ll need to sharpen his message and figure out how to turn a broad pitch — deep Wyoming roots and meaningful experience in state government — into soundbites to contrast himself with Galeotos, with the two most likely to be competing for relatively moderate primary voters. Galeotos is leaning hard on his private sector experience and found a way to weave it into most of his debate answers. Gordon might be wise to start doing the same with his successful track record in the treasurer’s office, something he barely mentioned during the 90-minute debate.”

Old 07-12-2018, 08:52 AM

Maybe I'm being picky...but where does Rosenfeld get the "deep Wyoming roots" business? Crow Gordon a good guy, but he moved out here from Massachusetts. Mark grew up in Kaycee but not fully a Buckaroo, he went to St Pauls School in NH. To me, he's more or less just right off the boat. Don't want to get deep in it, but he needs to come clean on his alliances.
Another thing he needs to explain-how come he got a 57 score from NRA when most WY candidates score 93? One guy said back in 2008 that Mark came off sounding like Charlton Hesston when running against Lummis, but then does he go back to being George Clooney?

Similar situation coming up for Dodson in Senate race...getting asked about his support of Democrats, and he says well his daughter is one, so he's just being a good daddy. I gotta knock off the caffeine.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:00 PM

https://www.wyofile.com/voter-rolls-...nes-residency/

Yikes! More information about Taylor Haynes’ residency status. Sure doesn’t look good...

Old 07-13-2018, 05:45 PM

Taylor has an explanation on his website, says he has been leasing a house in town. Also that his ranch is only accessed from Wyoming. Kinda feel for him, of all the guys to get caught up in some bureaucratic stuff.

I was working, missed that debate. Caught it later on youtube. Starting to feel friendlier towards Mark Gordon if he has truly put his wayward ways behind him. Which Mark will it be? Or maybe it's because Sam is now the sketchy lefty in my sights. (check thewyoming.net article) Harriet well prepped as usual, some folks thought she shouldn'ta fired the shots at the end, but hey could be effective-it got ole Mark and Sam a bit too. Galeotos and Friess must be spending the most $$$.
Then I'd guess then Gordon. Hageman next, but relying on lots of road time. Could be neck and neck right up to the end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming