Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 09:47 AM

15 posts, read 13,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm9stheham View Post
.... it was the old style downtown restaurant. We remember it because it had dozens of pictures of local ranchers and farmers on the walls.
It is places like this that we love. Anywhere with a history, a story to tell. If the area is depressed, its not a deal breaker for us. With him working remotely bills will be covered, and as long as there is people in the community, there will be need of nurses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2021, 11:04 AM

3,649 posts, read 6,292,578 times
Quote:
There ya go..... Is there much gas and oil up around Gillette? Sounds like there is a decent ag economy there; that certainly helps out long term.

I recall stopping at a restaurant in downtown Belle Fourche almost 40 years ago.... it was the old style downtown restaurant. We remember it because it had dozens of pictures of local ranchers and farmers on the walls.
Belle Inn at the edge of town got torn down about a year ago , Where we ate , the Chinese place down town is shut down now too. Good hamburger at the sale barn on Thursdays.

Old 04-10-2021, 04:58 PM

60 posts, read 56,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NandI2 View Post
It is places like this that we love. Anywhere with a history, a story to tell. If the area is depressed, its not a deal breaker for us. With him working remotely bills will be covered, and as long as there is people in the community, there will be need of nurses.
Wyoming is like everywhere else...they are mostly interested in hiring experienced RNs. Plenty graduate out of the local community colleges. You might want to get a few years hospital experience in Idaho for the best opportunities when you move here.

Old 04-10-2021, 07:16 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,475,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NandI2 View Post
Just look around and make sure you see it for what it is.... whatever and wherever it is. It does not sound all that bad there around Gitllette... but I have seen some areas that most everyone here would not believe is in the USA. Bluefield WV homes were commonly selling for $10k more or less < 10 years ago. (And I know of worse places.) So become informed....

Old 04-15-2021, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Just look around and make sure you see it for what it is.... whatever and wherever it is. It does not sound all that bad there around Gitllette... but I have seen some areas that most everyone here would not believe is in the USA. Bluefield WV homes were commonly selling for $10k more or less < 10 years ago. (And I know of worse places.) So become informed....
Wow, that's crazy. For me, having the college nearby is a big plus. I am still thinking of going back to school to further my career. There's a Ross, and that's the only store I need nearby! And he's interested in the boomtown nature. There was another article about Gillette he was reading several years ago when it was during a boom and prices were crazy. The way he sees it, worst case we move there, hate it, wait for a boom, and sell when the prices are high. But we're still open to other areas. Until we sign on the dotted line, nothing is final.

Old 05-18-2021, 05:02 PM

233 posts, read 277,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhpa View Post
This shows Wyoming trauma centers and their levels:

https://health.wyo.gov/publichealth/...for%20patients.

Good luck!
Consider the hospitals in your move. In the top 50 there are NONE in Alaska, Montana, Idaho, South Dakota or Wyoming. Only until you get to the top 250 do you find any of those.
https://www.healthgrades.com/quality...s?filter=top50

Old 05-18-2021, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exwyocowboy View Post
Consider the hospitals in your move. In the top 50 there are NONE in Alaska, Montana, Idaho, South Dakota or Wyoming. Only until you get to the top 250 do you find any of those.
https://www.healthgrades.com/quality...s?filter=top50

Smaller clinics can be fantastic places to work. Hospitals are not the only place to work. In fact, I was hoping to not be forced to work in a hospital if at all possible. Retirement homes, smaller doctor's offices, and in home assistance is where I prefer. Personal touch, and you're not a medical record/number. I know who I care for on a personal level, and have few enough people I care for to get to hear each of their stories, their issues, and can treat them as needed without needing to check their record.

Old 05-19-2021, 01:48 PM

5,586 posts, read 5,017,434 times
Quote:
Gillette sounds good. Property taxes not that bad.

Old 06-02-2021, 12:34 PM

Question hopefully someone might be able to help with.
Found a house, currently in closing (Yay!), and planning the move. There are 3 main routes according to Google that we can take, as shown in this picture. I was hoping to find out which route is the smoothest to take (least amount of hard turns, and most importantly, least amount of mountains).
I know of course that I can't avoid them entirely, just hoping to avoid any major slopes up or down. Would rather drive an extra hour of boring flat land than save the time going through tight mountainous slopes.

Old 06-02-2021, 05:29 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,475,123 times
Then you probably won't like the central route then.... you show it going up and over 2 major passes in the Tetons and then the Absorkas.

The southern route goes through a short, easy stretch of interstate in the mountains. The one part I do not know is the last section from Casper to Gillette.

The northern route goes up a few short mountains, just moderataely steep and twisty, when you leave the interstate at Mountain Home. After that it is pretty level but very isolated as you pass through the Craters of the Moon lava flows, Arco, and then on through high desert country at INL, before you reach I-15.

All via interstate is probably the best for you. Just modify your southern route to go to Twin Falls, then Pocatello and on up to Idaho Falls and then continue up into MT on I-15 as shown on the southern route. Expect some long stretches with little population and few towns between Idaho Falls and the Butte/Bozeman area, and again from Billings to Sheridan WY.

Good luck in the new place!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming