Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2007, 04:09 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,729,877 times

Advertisements

Everybody please calm down and get back on topic.
Yac.

Old 08-02-2007, 08:49 AM

67 posts, read 162,312 times
Hey, .204 ... where can I get a 52 in .22 caliber and a good scope for only $900? The last time I saw a 52C with no sights on it was in Cabela's gun library for $1,800.00.[/quote]

I have a 52 Sporter Utah Centenial. I paid $600.00 new in the box, from a gun dealer friend of mine. I put a $300. Lupold 3x9 on it. Very nice gun but it's not the 52C. However My friend told me the 52 Utah Centenial is now going for around $1000 to $1200 without the scope. I got a good deal. Mine was actually produced in 1996.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2007, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
It does my heart good to read of others that enjoy popping afew p-dogs. and cats too! the fun days I have spent shooting them with the grand kids I used to get a good bounty for some dogs (real dogs)when they would chase the sheep. alot of what I have shot, cats&dogs have been from idiots dropping them off in the "country" by my barn. hmmm... I think they eat them in korea, now if I could export them
Something not discussed, whats your favorite caliber to shoot them? longdistance I use a 25-06. the kids use my .222
I use several different guns and calibre's. .223, .204. 22 hornet, .22 rim fire and a TC in 223 & 22 hornet. When just playing I've even been known to pop a few rounds off with the big guns, like my .270, .280 30-30, 7 mag and 300 mag. I've noticed that the Prairie dogs don't know the difference between the calibre's when you hit'em, but your shoulder does. My favorite's are probably my Rem 700 VSSFII in .223 and Rem 700 SPS in .204. My next purchase will be the 20 VarTarg in a Cooper, Montana Varminter.

I know, I'm a sick puppy!!!

Old 08-02-2007, 12:14 PM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,066,583 times
Happyappy - this is where you said it, and not in the context that you tried to portray in your last post to me

Quote:
Sunsprit,

I'm a man if you haven't found that out already.

In one of my posts to which you refer, I stated that there are cat rescue operations in Wyoming so your comments about the lack of same specifically in Cheyenne are not applicable. I’ll make a few calls to gather some information and post it—if you’re interested.

I don’t know what it is you’re reading, but I didn’t condemn you for doing anything. Once again, as in several previous posts, I mentioned the fault of humans who have created the messes that now have to be cleaned up. Good for you that you kill what you think must be killed in your area. But that wasn’t the point of my post—any of them, actually. I’m going to mention the lack of responsibility of humans any time I get an opportunity if the subject being discussed is directly related to irresponsibility in humans. I do this hoping to raise awareness and hope it does some good.

This thread is a very unpleasant thread and it was put out to the public. It’s a disturbing subject to most people. It cannot be discussed in a public forum without stirring up some very emotional responses.

I had no idea you live in Cheyenne. Maybe it was posted somewhere is some discussion and I missed it.

As to your warning about moving to Cheyenne, well . . . I don’t plan on living in Cheyenne anyway, but if I did I’m not worried about being accepted or rejected for my views on anything. Cheyenne, from what I’ve heard and read, is not some backwards city that punishes people for differing opinions—or for not answering your question to your satisfaction. In fact, from what I’ve learned about Wyoming in general is that free thinking, non-sheeple, liberty-minded types are prevalent among the citizenry, and the Bill of Rights is not negotiable. These things have drawn me to it for some years now.

I enjoy active discussions, I really do; I’ll jump into the middle of just about anything that’s interesting to me. And I have this perverse streak that enjoys controversial subject matter, the more controversial the more I seem to draw from it.

But this thread gives me a whole different feeling that I cannot quite describe with accuracy. Whenever I come away from it I’m angry, disgusted, disappointed, disheartened . . . Anyway, if you’re interested in information about feral cat issues, PM me or e-mail me.

Respectfully,

Happyappy

[+] Rate this post positively

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 08-02-2007, 01:25 PM

Sunspirt

Reference: Winchester Model 52 Sporter
I think my friend has another one or two. Right now I'm not sure of the exact Model but, If you would like I can talk to him and maybe get you two hook up.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:59 PM

11,555 posts, read 53,188,168 times
.204 ... thanx for checking, but if your friend is thinking of $1000 sporter model 52's, then I'm not a player at this time.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:19 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,084,465 times
I work seasonally at the Louisville zoo who breeds and release black-footed ferrets. Prarie dogs are the only food these little critters eat! Perhaps there could be a co-op agreement between ranchers and zoos so that the ferrets could be released on their property?

Old 08-02-2007, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post
.204 ... thanx for checking, but if your friend is thinking of $1000 sporter model 52's, then I'm not a player at this time.
Yeah, I know. I sure like mine. It's very accurate but I don't know that I'd pay That much for one. I do know they sure ask a lot for them on EBAY. I know he has some target models, I just don't know which one's.

I also have a CZ with a match grade chamber that I like very much. It's actually a Charles Daily made by CZ. It has a cheap wood stock but it really shots nice and only costs $175. It does have a nice blueing job though. I put a little 2.5X7 compact leupold on it. I'm impressed with it's performace.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:08 AM

922 posts, read 1,909,163 times
so if I shoot a p-dog I just made a meal for a ferret? like to help them out.ferrets are cute. what do you feed them in the zoo? you raise you're own p-dogs? Do you feed them to the ferrets live?

Old 08-03-2007, 05:31 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
I work seasonally at the Louisville zoo who breeds and release black-footed ferrets. Prarie dogs are the only food these little critters eat! Perhaps there could be a co-op agreement between ranchers and zoos so that the ferrets could be released on their property?
When I read your post, I invisioned driving out Soldier Creek and seeing thousands of ferrets instead of thousands of prairie dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming