Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2010, 07:42 AM

444 posts, read 1,252,855 times

Advertisements

Where are you going?

Who puts on a good show?

Is the show by the new York HS nice?

First time around here for the 4th..Looking for someplace good for young kids. Where I lived before, we had to camp out for hours to get a nice spot. I can't do that now with 3 young boys.
TIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 08:15 AM

841 posts, read 2,478,486 times
I've never been there, but I hear Lake Wylie has a really nice firework show. You can either watch from the bridge or T-bones - or if you have a boat, you can watch from the water. I might try it for the 1st time this year.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:04 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,983,316 times
I posted this earlier:
July 4 Area Events

Saturday - July 3

Rock Hill's Red, White and Boom: Children's ice cream-eating contest during Rock Hill's eighth annual Red, White and Boom festival, located on Black Street in downtown Rock Hill. The ice cream-eating contest at 6 p.m. is open to children ages 7 and older. Registration begins at 5:30 p.m. at the grassy area at City Hall on Black Street.
Other children's activities will be located in the Black Street surface lot beginning at 5:30 p.m. Tickets for children's rides are $2 each or $10 for unlimited play.

There will also be food and beer vendors at the event. The band Rough Draft will perform at 7 p.m. in the Old Town Amphitheater at City Hall, followed by Cravin' Melon at 8 p.m. Reserved seats for the concert are $10 and can be purchased at the Economic and Urban Development office at City Hall or online at A Lifestyle Guide to Rock Hill, SC | OnlyInOldTown.com Rock Hill, SC. The concerts are a rain or shine event. General admission is free. The fireworks display is at 10 p.m.

Tega Cay Parade: The 2010 Fourth of July Tega Cay land parade will be from 9 to 11 a.m. on Tega Cay Drive in Tega Cay.

Sunday - July 4

Lake Wylie's Fourth on the lake: The Lake Wylie Fourth of July Fantastic Fireworks display will start at about 9:45 p.m. For those without boats on the water, the best viewing locations are the Buster Boyd Bridge boat landing, T-Bones deck, Rey Azteca deck and Lake Wylie Pizza and Italian restaurant.

Fort Mill Fourth: Fort Mill will celebrate the Fourth of July with a patriotic service at 4 p.m. at First Baptist Church on Monroe White Street. Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer will be the keynote speaker. The traditional Firing of the Cannons will be at 5 p.m. at the Band Stand.

Baseball and fireworks: Following the Charlotte Knights 7:15 p.m. game against Norfolk, the Skyshow 2010 fireworks show will light up the Fort Mill sky.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:52 AM

193 posts, read 634,420 times
As CarolinaWoman points out, the Knights put on a pretty good show.

I haven't been to the Lake Wylie one, but have seen them from a distance from our house and it looks like it could be pretty good.

The Tega Cay fire works are OK and we have a great view of them from our deck, so we usually have people over and just watch them, supplemented with our own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties