Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 02:06 PM

7 posts, read 29,409 times

Advertisements

I work at the Complex and recently came across this message forum. I want to thank everyone for their comments, for these comments will only help us strengthen our programs. I will be passing on your comments and concerns to the appropriate parties. Please let me know, privately, if you have any additional comments or concerns regarding the programs we offer here at Leroy Springs. Thanks in advance. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 07:00 PM
ald ald started this thread

59 posts, read 235,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixinthefamily View Post
When you posted what you wrote is what I was going to post because of my neighbors experience. I hesitated because you got many other positive replys and I did not want to be so negative. I am sorry I did not say anything. My neighbors go to the one at FMES and I know all the kids really do not like it and a few of the parents really don't like it but don't see many other options. I am going to share what you said about Carolina kids and Kids R Kids.

I hope you found the right fit !

I hate to be negative and try to always find the good in everything but this is not a topic I can hold back on. Leroy Springs is excellent in terms of their facilities and programs but the afterschool program was NOT a match for my daughter.

I hope this helps folks looking for afterschool care. I wish I had this information before I tried the afterschool program. That said, she is at Carolina Kids and will be there for a year in September. She really, really loves it and its well run. I have very high standards in terms of daycare and aftercare. My daughter went to Calvary for preschool and the program was out of this world.

I wish everyone luck on their search and please feel free to send me a private message. This is such an important topic to me and I am happy to share my experiences good and not so good

Old 05-16-2008, 07:04 PM
ald ald started this thread

59 posts, read 235,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by megassel View Post
ald,

It sounds like your experience was similar to mine. My 8 yo DD went to Flyers for 2 weeks last September and hated it. She cried every day. I moved her to Kids R Kids as quickly as possible - it took a little while because I couldn't reach the director to cancel my bank draft. It should have been a clue that I had tremendous trouble getting a hold of her to register DD in the first place. Not that we're unhappy with Kids R Kids, but there is a definite need for more after school options in the area. In S. Charlotte we used the Morrison Y and it was fabulous! Why don't the Ys here offer programs??
I don't know why the Y's don't have afterschool programs. I am from south charlotte too and before i made the decision to move to ft mill I was considering the morrison for afterschool.

I tried to get into Kids R Kids since the one in Ballantyne has such a great reputation. After my experience with Flyers I called Kids R Kids and they had a waiting list. The director referred me to Carolina kids - she said she knows the owner and would send her own kid there. I love Carolina Kids. In the beginning there may have been a few bumps since the school was brand new but everything was corrected and my daughter loves it. It is clean and a home like environment not institutional at all. I love her after school teachers.

Old 05-17-2008, 06:13 AM

151 posts, read 571,029 times
I'll state again, the pre-school program is **TERRIFIC**. Don't make the mistake of associating the 2 programs. I can't speak to the Flyers program, but pre-school is top notch. I'm confident they'll get that straight if you'll provide feedback.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:47 AM

1 posts, read 1,676 times
My daughter is a 16-year-old junior at Fort Mill High School. She took an early childhood education class and was a mentor at the elementary school. She is currently taking a college history class and is an A-B student. She dearly loves being around children and has expressed an interest in sitting for children in the afternoons, evenings and this summer. She has her own car, so she can pick up if necessary. If anyone is interested, please send me a private message. Thanks!!

Last edited by stiles1; 01-09-2009 at 12:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties