Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2007, 07:05 PM

34 posts, read 100,098 times

Advertisements

DH & I have been searching for some place to retire in NC/SC.
We've looked at Lake Norman area.. don't think it's our "place". We are empty nesters.
Someone mentioned Clover...Tega Cay/Lake Wylie area to us.
We are looking to purchase a home (around +-/$200,000). We are not looking for a new home, but rather a well-loved home in an established community. We can buy now.. and would sell our house in 2008 (God willing!).

Don't know if we are in the ball park in $ for homes. (2 bedrooms).. 1/4 acre.. low maintenance. Have looked but of course, not knowing the area...

DH & I are over "55".

We like traveling in our motorhome, riding our motorcycles, like to find small community near Charlotte, schools are not an issue, love the water... We do not golf nor would we want to (sorry golfers!).
Major shopping close but doesn't have to be in town, but it wouldn't be a problem. Like to be with 1 hour of airport.

Welcome any suggestions ~~

TIA~

Tessa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 09:56 PM

2 posts, read 3,672 times
Hi...Please consider Cheraw, South Carolina. It's a lovely little town about 1 1/2 hr from the Charlotte airport. The homes are beautiful and you could get something lovely in your price range. The people in town are charming and friendly. As a recent retiree from another state who arrived here with no friends or relatives, I've found everyone in Chesterfield County to be open and helpful.

Old 10-16-2007, 03:47 PM

34 posts, read 100,098 times
Thank you! I will look into this area also.

Old 10-20-2007, 05:55 PM

58 posts, read 221,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TessaCT View Post
DH & I have been searching for some place to retire in NC/SC.
We've looked at Lake Norman area.. don't think it's our "place". We are empty nesters.
Someone mentioned Clover...Tega Cay/Lake Wylie area to us.
We are looking to purchase a home (around +-/$200,000). We are not looking for a new home, but rather a well-loved home in an established community. We can buy now.. and would sell our house in 2008 (God willing!).

Don't know if we are in the ball park in $ for homes. (2 bedrooms).. 1/4 acre.. low maintenance. Have looked but of course, not knowing the area...

DH & I are over "55".

We like traveling in our motorhome, riding our motorcycles, like to find small community near Charlotte, schools are not an issue, love the water... We do not golf nor would we want to (sorry golfers!).
Major shopping close but doesn't have to be in town, but it wouldn't be a problem. Like to be with 1 hour of airport.

Welcome any suggestions ~~

TIA~

Tessa
Cheraw is too far out (my son in law is from there). I suggest the Fort Mill/Tega Cay area and you have the lake and shopping nearby. Here is some info on Fort Mill

Old 01-03-2008, 07:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,065 times
Hi Tessa, Just now reading your post and I would like to vote for the Clover/Lake Wylie area. We are about 30 minutes from the airport and situated between the Charlotte, Rock Hill,SC and Gastonia, NC. All are large enough to offer good options for shopping, dining, and entertainment. THere are many established neighborhoods as well as new coming pretty fast. I have lived in this area my entire life and I am now 56, so I've seen a lot of change. Although schools are not a concern, Clover is very highly rated and has a winning football team and chorus. You can still find country roads in the area and nice peacefull drives, as well as bumper to bumper traffic if you happen on the highways heading in or out of Charlotte. Hope you will find your home here, and by the way, I beleive your price range is very comparable for a nice home (probably not on the Lake, but very nice). Beth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties