Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2013, 03:10 PM

143 posts, read 304,830 times

Advertisements

My Mother, Brother, Sister 10 year old niece, 6 year old nephew and 1 year old nephew are in town. Any suggestions on what to did with the 5 kids (adding my 2). Looking to spend a couple hours doing something and try to give them the Charlotte/Fort Mill experience at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 08:04 AM

107 posts, read 319,628 times
Discovery Place » Charlotte's Fun, Family-Friendly Science Museum

Maybe here? Open till 6 on Saturdays. Good luck keeping your sanity

Old 01-19-2013, 09:14 AM

123 posts, read 181,542 times
Monkey Joes in Pineville; Splash planet in Charlotte; been to both places and had a blast with my grandchildren. I also highly recommend the Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia but it is about 45 mins to an hour away.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:15 PM

396 posts, read 977,148 times
Right in downtown Fort Mill (on Main Street next to The Local Dish) is a cute art studio for kids with really neat things for grown ups, too - they have an "in house" coffee bar and sell art pieces, craft items and jewelry - you can sip coffee while the kids do art. I believe it's called United Artisans Studio. There's also Plaza Fiesta near Carowinds, and they have a GIANT "habitrail" for kids. It's only a couple of dollars for them to play on it. And they sell churros and ice cream! A few good eateries, too. Not as many vendors, though. It's like a giant flea market, but I hear there's new ownership and they upped the rent, so a lot of vendors left. Still a neat place, though. I believe on Saturdays they have live music during the day.

You can also take a ride to Lazy 5 Ranch in Mooresville. So neat! The kids could feed the animals. Lots of fun! North Carolina Animal Park | Lazy 5 Ranch

Riverbanks Zoo is really fun, too, like the previous poster mentioned - but it's more like an 1.5 hours from Fort Mill.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money - Carmike Cinema on Cherry Road (dollar theater) is playing Hotel Transylvania. Funny movie!

If the weather's good - you can walk around Glen Cairn Garden. Glencairn Garden

Just some ideas!

Old 01-20-2013, 11:33 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,801,729 times
I second the Lazy 5 Ranch in Mooresville. How about the US National Whitewater Center in Charlotte? U.S. National Whitewater Center | The U.S. National Whitewater Center is the world great place to spend these last few gorgeous days! Discovery Place, and Discovery Place Kids are great choices!

Old 01-21-2013, 10:19 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,299,572 times
Another vote for Riverbanks in Columbia! We are members and go several times a year. It's 70 miles from our house, and we can get their in just under an hour. So YMMV as to the length of time needed to get there.

Lazy 5 is also a lot of fun - highly recommend the wagon ride versus driving through on your own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties