Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 05:12 PM

23 posts, read 38,798 times

Advertisements

Hello We would like to Know. What would be the Best month May ?? Or June ?. To visit South Carolina ?? Because. We are ready and Planning to moving out From Florida . #1 reason is Health . Hot heat Humidity Allergy .Looking for a Nice Retirement place either 55 plus Community or Nice Little Friendly City. You can walk safe Shopping or ??? Etc . Not to remote . Very Important for us to be COOLER and LESS HUMIDITY than in Florida and Less poisonous Snake.( wife scared ) We are Thinking and got some info of Walhalla ? Seneca ? Clemson Or Greenville ? OR????? Aiken ?? Lake Whlie area ?? Or Perhaps NC Ashville or Boone ??? We like out doors Fishing .Concert . Our Budget between 100-150K depend How we will be able to sell our House in Florida . Can you please give us Information and Suggestion . Would be very appreciated and Million thank you to all of you Thank you so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 06:16 AM

850 posts, read 2,651,415 times
You need to look in the mountains, not fort mill. Hot and humid here, will be better in the higher elevations.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:02 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times
South Carolina can be hot and humid also, except possibly in the mountains as OP stated. As far as poisonous snakes, SC has quite a few. Recently we were in Charleston/Mt. Pleasant area and a sign was posted which stated:

"fOR YOUR SAFETY STAY ON THE TRAIL SOUTH CAROLINA HAS ALLIGATORS, POISONOUS SNAKES AND PLANTS."

My wife is also terrified of snakes so we retired north versus south. If you can afford it, Hawaii doesn't have any snakes.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:12 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,873,251 times
I do have to agree. I live in Sun City Carolina Lakes near Fort Mill and it can be very humid here in the summer. Last summer was terrible! Plus allergies can be nasty in the spring due to this yellow pollen that gets everywhere. I opened my windows one day to air things out and that was a major mistake! An hour later I discovered a layer of the stuff on everything in my kitchen. Luckily it doesn't last too long....we just finally cleaned our screened porch and furniture today and car will be next. I have always had allergies so have them under control, but I have heard several people say they never had allergies until they moved down here.

We have copperheads around here as well. I, personally have not seen one in my yard (although hubby has claimed to have seen a small blacksnake), but we did come upon one crossing the walking/golf cart path right in front of us, although this is a path that isn't paved and is down in the woods. Most are OK as long as you pay attention and a lot carry walking sticks with them. They have also been seen quite a bit on the golf course (I don't golf).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties