Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2013, 05:55 PM

58 posts, read 97,670 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone, We are moving to Fort mill and plan to buy a house. I need suggestions on the pros and cons of Fallbrook S/D by Truehomes ( between springfield pkwy and Regent pkwy) and Kimbell crossing by Essex Homes. Which one do you suggest, considering both are in our budget. School would be a major consideration for us. Thanks in advance and appreciate your honest feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 08:29 PM

38 posts, read 121,736 times
Check out the by-laws and HOA rules before you make a decision. Regal Manor HOA can be a little restrictive on landscaping, garbage can placement, etc.. I think the only difference in schools would be the elementary level. Sugar creek vs Fort Mill. True builds very quickly (maybe too quick) and Essex is on the slow side 4-6 months.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:56 PM

Thanks for your feedback. How does Truehomes compare to Essex in terms of the quality of home construction materials and overall reputation. TrueHomes is also taking 6 months to build a new house nowadays apparently due to the volume they are selling.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:30 PM

38 posts, read 121,736 times
I don't own a home from either of these builders, but have seen their differences.
essex uses better sub floor specific plywood and the new radiant barrier roof sheathing.
true uses cheap osb. also little things like door hardware and HVAC units I lean more towards essex.

Just my opinion.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:15 PM

2 posts, read 5,098 times
I am a buyer agent and sell new homes mainly in charlotte, fortmill, rockhill areas.
Both are good neighborhoods. Essex gives you full brick and is offering you more value for your money. On the other hand truhomes is probably in Fallbrook - which is already well established and well known.
Schoolwise, all fortmill schools are highly regarded as per greatschools.org

I also give 2% rebate back to the homeowners(that is 6000$ back to you on a 300k home) and can negotiate a good price for you.

Regards,
Gopal Kasarla
(980) 297-9827
grkasarla@gmail.com
Bipin Parekh Realty
Licensed in NC/SC

Old 04-28-2013, 04:22 AM

850 posts, read 2,650,629 times
Both are cheap cost cutting builders. I would stay away.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:16 AM

5 posts, read 11,666 times
Please suggest good builders in this area ..

Old 04-29-2013, 01:56 PM

850 posts, read 2,650,629 times
I dont have a specific list but I have heard great things about David Weekly, Evans Coghill, Beck, New Old Homes, John Wieland, Saussy Burbank, just a few from my experiences. But, like I said before, I'm no expert, just stating what I have heard. Regarding Truehomes, the things I have noticed:
*Typically they build on a slab, some prefer a craw space...
*I have been in a few under construction in Lake Ridge, and they are huge, 3500+ sq feet with 2-3 levels and only have 1 AC unit? How is it possible to heat and cool a home that large with only 1 unit? The materials in general looked sub-standard, the walls were out of square, base boards were wavy, the overall workmanship looked shoddy...
Again, I'm no expert, not even in the home business, but overall these type of builders are clear-cutting everything around, throwing up cheap looking vinyl homes and selling them at a premium.
Good luck with your search. If you choose to go with Truehomes or Essex or who ever, make sure to really supervise the project supervisor and hold them accountable for issues during the building process.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:24 PM

Thanks for the reply everyone. My budget is < $300k and need atleast >3200 sq ft in a good school district. Will any of the builders you suggested fit in my range. All brick would be a plus but not a strict requirement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties