Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 07:35 PM

5 posts, read 4,949 times

Advertisements

We plan on moving to Ft. Mill/Rock Hill and would like to find something in the mid 200s. We have kids from toddler up to high school, so we'd like a place that has kids in the neighborhood, plenty of people for them to hang out with, etc. I know the schools in Ft. Mill are top notch, but the homes look like they are more expensive, so we are also keeping Rock Hill in the plans, but close to 77 for an easier commute into Charlotte. Do you have any neighborhoods that we should look into?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 09:07 PM

96 posts, read 219,643 times
Knightsbridge & Spicewood in Fort Mill would probably fit what you are looking for. Both have homes in mid-200's and are chalk full of families.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:11 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,304,205 times
I agree with martikus that Knightsbridge and Spicewood fit your requirements. You may also find a home in Waterstone in the mid-200s, but those are fewer in number compared to Knightsbridge and Spicewood.

Old 02-29-2016, 07:20 AM

351 posts, read 656,984 times
You can also check out Doby's Bridge-Whitegrove & the new Waterside at the Catawba subdivision. There are a couple other subdivisions out there too, but I think they are higher priced.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:14 AM

547 posts, read 775,212 times
You can get a very nice home in Rock Hill with your budget and the schools aren't bad.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:11 PM

5 posts, read 4,949 times
Thanks for the suggestions! We've checked out Knightsbridge and some of the others but the houses in our range go FAST! I'll be sure to look at the others listed.

What about Rock Hill? Any suggestions there?

Old 03-01-2016, 06:16 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,304,205 times
It's definitely a hot market in FM. In 2006 when we were house hunting it was the same thing - we'd see a house and a day later it would be under contract.

When we finally saw a house that we liked (a FSBO), we wrote an offer that same afternoon and drove it over to the owners to hand-deliver. They had already received and accepted an offer between our walk-through and our offer, but were willing to look at ours. In the end, they accepted our offer when the other buyers were not able to remove their contingency (they needed to sell their house first - we were renting at the time).

You can't go wrong in that corridor of Fort Mill, so if you see a house you like, leap on it. Consider going in at full asking price since the market is so fast. Don't bother dickering around on the price. We bought just before the bubble popped in 2006, at the highest point in the market. But I can tell you that our house never LOST value, even during the recession years. We had it reappraised in 2009 for a refinance we were doing, and it actually increased value by $3K, which surprised us considering that's when the market was at its worst. So anything you buy in that area of Fort Mill will most likely hold its value, and increase over the years, even if you fear you might be overpaying by going in at asking.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:22 AM

Yep, we put in an offer at full price the day we saw our home. Houses in your (our) price range do go very fast. You also need to get a realtor, so they can let you know something right when it's listed. Realtor.com is your best bet for websites as they update hourly.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:25 AM

I work in RH, but I don't know many neighborhoods. There are some good areas, but you definitely have to be more careful about where you're looking. To me, the most important decision about where to buy depends on where you will be commuting for your job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manyboys View Post
Thanks for the suggestions! We've checked out Knightsbridge and some of the others but the houses in our range go FAST! I'll be sure to look at the others listed.

What about Rock Hill? Any suggestions there?

Old 03-01-2016, 08:54 PM

96 posts, read 219,643 times
My issue with Rock Hill is a lot of the neighborhoods I like are quite a ways from 77. I prefer the convince of 77 we have in Fort Mill to enjoy Charlotte. I also think schools in Fort Mill are better.

However, lots of coworkers live in Rock hill and like it. I just don't know enough about the 'hoods to give you any to look at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties