Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 06:01 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,214,131 times

Advertisements

Clover, SC (Clover Auditorium)
Sunday, March 30, 3:00pm
Admission is free, but tickets are required (obtain free tickets by calling 803-222-8018).

Sponsored by CSDA and The Enquirer-Herald

As the premier touring musical representative for the United States Army, the Field Band and Soldiers' Chorus travels thousands of miles each year throughout the nation and abroad, keeping the will of the American people behind the members of the armed forces and supporting diplomatic efforts around the world.

Clover Auditorium
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 08:38 PM

392 posts, read 1,184,024 times
Default Benefit Concert for Boggie King - Apr 5 - Rock Hill, SC

Benefit Concert for Boggie King
First Calvary Baptist Church
623 Crawford Rd, Rock Hill, SC

April 5th
Time: ?
Phone (803) 327-9181‎

Funk guitar legend Johnny "Boggie" King was severely beaten and robbed on Feb 26 at his electronics repair shop on W. Main Street in Rock Hill. As a result of the beating, Mr. King has lost his shop income and a European tour with his band. This benefit concert featuring area musicians will raise money for Mr. King.

More on Boggie from Andrew Dys/The Herald

Old 04-02-2008, 03:53 PM

Default 2008 Rock Hill Bicycle Club 3 Day Omnium

Rock Hill Bicycle Club Three Day Omnium

April, 4th, 5th, and 6th
USCF sanctioned event
Participants from all over US and international competitors
White Rose Sprints in downtown York on Apr. 4
Old Town Criterium on Main St. in Rock Hill on Apr. 5
Patriot's Trail Road Race at Historic Brattonsville on Apr. 6

Cyclists can register online by visiting www.sportsbaseonline.com
For more information visit Rock Hill Bicycle Club.

Brochure can be viewed online:
http://www.rockhillbicycleclub.com/p...Brochure08.pdf

Old 04-08-2008, 05:23 PM

417 posts, read 814,000 times
Default Come-See-Me Festival

Come-See-Me Festival .. 10 Days of Fabulous Family Fun in beautiful Rock Hill, SC!

'CarolinaWoman' previously posted a thread with more details on this event;

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Come-See-Me is just around the corner. I received this sneak peek email yesterday. Glencairn Gardens is usually beautiful ... Gourmet Gardens has always been a big hit ... the frog jumping contest is a winner too. Lot's of fun things to do during Come-See-Me.You can find more detailed info at the website:

Come-See-Me

10 days of fabulous family fun!
April 17-26 in Rock Hill, SC

Join us Thursday, April 17 through Saturday, April 26 for 10 days of fun, food and entertainment at this year's Come-See-Me Festival!

Activities and events of all kinds keep you hoppin' around town as you enjoy the springtime beauty of Rock Hill! Whether you're a visitor, a newcomer, or a perennial Come-See-Me fan, you're guaranteed to have a great time during our 10-day festival.

Highlights of the opening weekend (April 17-20) include the annual Parade on Thursday, the Beach Bash on Friday featuring The Legends of Beach, and on Saturday and Sunday, Gourmet Gardens at Cherry Park where you can enjoy delicious food and a variety of entertainment.

During the week, many activities are planned, including concerts and family-oriented entertainment at Glencairn Garden, the birthplace of Come- See-Me and the Festival's mascot, Glen the Frog. Among the activities at Glencairn are Sundaes with Glen and Mother Goose and a theater production of The Notorious Jumping Frog of Calaveras County.

The finale weekend (April 25-26) includes two popular events: Moonlight Jazz and Blues on Friday and the Tailgate Party & Fireworks and Extravaganza on Saturday. Premiering this year is a sanctioned barbeque competition matching up professional cookers from throughout the Southeast - and you can sample their creations at Moonlight Jazz and the Tailgate Party. And remember, these are just a sampling of the many activities offered!

This annual Festival, celebrating its 46th year, is possible through the support of many individuals and the corporate community. So, on behalf of the 2008 Board, the Festival team and countless volunteers, we invite you to share in Rock Hill's grand celebration of springtime . . . Come-See-Me!

Would you like to be a
part of Come-See-Me?
Here's how!

Come-See-Me BBQ Cook-off
Your best barbeque recipe could
win you up to $1,000!

Download complete competition information and the registration form. Only 25 teams will be accepted this year ... so get yours in now!

Want to be in the
Come-See-Me Parade?
Complete and send in the application today! The famous DooDahs' section from parades of the 90's returns so round up your neighborhood or group!
Wanted: Art & Craft Vendors!
We are still accepting applications for Gourmet Gardens. Get complete information here to sign up!

Do you like to sing or dance?
Local Solo or Group Entertainers
sought to perform Broadway tunes during our 2nd Annual Broadway Nights at Glencairn Gardens ... auditions will be held March 31st and April 1st!

We need volunteers!
The Come-See-Me Festival is one the largest all-volunteer festivals in the southeast. It takes hundreds of people to make the 10-day festival (with over 50 events) the tremendous success
it is each year. Apply now!

Last edited by Singe; 04-08-2008 at 05:40 PM..

Old 04-08-2008, 05:36 PM

Default Dixieland Cruisers Car Club of Rock Hill 's Catawba River Rod Run

Dixieland Cruisers Car Club of Rock Hill 's Catawba River Rod Run

Friday Apr. 25 from 3-11pm
Sat. Apr. 26 from 8am-4pm

at I-77, exit 79 at The Galleria Mall, Sears Parking Lot. Open to all 1977 and Older Cars & Trucks. $200 drawing for registered and pre-registered cars, entertainment provided, gift and money giveaways, trophies awarded, fireworks display at the "Come See Me Festival" and a live auction. All club profits go to support Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:39 AM

Default 14th Anne Springs Close Greeway EARTH DAY CELEBRATION ~ April 19th

This Saturday is the Earth Day Celebration at the Anne Springs Close Greenway in Fort Mill, SC

Admission and all activities are FREE!!! (though a parking donation is greatly appreciated).

The kids (and you adults out there) will have a GREAT time!

It is from 10am to 2pm (I suggest getting there a tad early...as last year the parking lot got pretty crowded)

Here is a link with more information:
Anne Springs Close Greenway

Old 04-24-2008, 05:26 AM

Default 7th Annual St. Anne International Food & Fun Festival ~ Rock Hill ~ 4/25

"Beaches Around the World"

April 25, 2008 (Fri)
5pm-11pm

There will be food, entertainment, games, world bazaar, international drinks, inflatables, contests, crafts

music & dancing from 8pm-11pm featuring Kingdaddy Band

1694 Bird St.
Rock Hill, SC.

St. Anne Parish Rock Hill, SC

Old 05-05-2008, 12:48 PM

Default 2008 Tega Cay Summer Concert Series ( May 10th )

The first of the 2008 Tega Cay Summer Concerts will be held this Saturday on May 10th (and it's free!).

It starts at 7pm until 10pm
(Kids DJ Brownsound opens up every concert at 6pm)

-Food and Drink will be sold from several local vendors
-Jumpy Castles, Popcorn, Cotton Candy, and more for the kids

You can park at the lower tennis courts, or just park your vehcile at Turner Field and there will be a (free) shuttle that takes you right to the concert and back.

More information can be obtained from the following link:
http://tegacaysc.org/files/2008_Concert_Flyer.pdf (broken link)

Old 05-14-2008, 09:54 PM

Default Palmetto Thunder Airshow

Palmetto Thunder Airshow
Lancaster, SC

May 17th & 18th

Palmetto Thunder Air Show - Lancaster, SC May 17th & 18th, 2008

Old 05-17-2008, 09:33 PM

Default Fort Mill Thunder

Fort Mill Thunder Family Festival

Car Show, Motorcycle Charity Ride, Bluegrass, Food, Kid's Area

Saturday May 24th 10am to 3pm

White Street , Downtown Fort Mill

Fort Mill Thunder Car Show, Fort Mill South Carolina, Move Fort Mill Forward -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties