Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2018, 01:54 PM

1 posts, read 975 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am moving to Fort Mill next month from Texas and would like to know some first hand information about "The Villas at Regal Manor" Apartments.

Based on my online research, they seem to be a pretty new property, but I wanted to hear from someone that actually lived there or know the area pretty well.

Any information either positive or negative is highly welcome

Thanks
Amol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2018, 06:10 AM

625 posts, read 489,332 times
We live in the neighborhood that is next to it -- Regal Manor. They seem really nice, I haven't been in them. There are a couple of drawbacks:
The train tracks run right next to the apartments and the crossing is there as well. Trains run at all hours on those tracks since it's a pretty busy freight line. You'll be hearing the clang-clang of the crossing bells as well as the trains rolling bye and the horn blaring.
We live about 3/4 of a mile away and the rumble and the horn, especially at night.

Traffic-- The apartments are at a key intersection for parents going to drop off their kids at the elementary school. It can get pretty gnarly around the apartments in the morning. If you're there only for the summer and won't be there in the fall it shouldn't be a big deal.

Outside of that, it's a really convenient location. It's easy access to I-77 to get up to Charlotte and a quick ride over to Pineville for shopping. Supermarkets are nearby as well.

Old 07-03-2018, 12:23 PM

40 posts, read 54,910 times
I've actually looked at these apartments for a relative of mine who is looking to move. They are really small on the inside. The layouts are not very well thought out. For example, the pantry is across from the kitchen, rather than inside the kitchen! The closet is literally right in the door way as soon as you walk into the master....so if the door is open when guest are over, they will see right into your closet. Just a few pointers....

Old 07-05-2018, 08:11 AM

162 posts, read 401,136 times
I'm actually interested in this thread as I'm looking for an inexpensive 1 bedroom for my father in law. He's in his 70's on a tight income and I am having a real hard time finding something in the Fort Mill area where my wife and I live, in the 700's max. Anyone know of any?

Old 07-05-2018, 09:25 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,299,572 times
I suspect the days of $700 rents are long gone.

Millcrest shows a first floor 1 bedroom for around $939 to start.
Brayden shows $915-985 for a 1 bedroom.
Revere at Tega Cay - a 1 bedroom starts at $910.

The cheapest I see is Bromley Village which has a 1 bedroom for $796+.

Old 07-05-2018, 10:55 AM

40 posts, read 54,910 times
I agree with Girl. You'll be hard pressed to find that price range in Fort Mill.

Try Lake View Apartments. It is near the flea market but still in Fort Mill, just outside of Regent Park and English Trails, so it is in a nice area. I'm not sure how much their 1 bedrooms are, but they were marketing 2 bedroom specials for like $975, so there's a good chance that it is within your range.

They are owned by Aurora Property Management (704.597.9845).

Also, check in Pineville and Rock Hill....not very far from Fort Mill and may offer more bang for your buck than Fort Mill properties as well.

Old 07-05-2018, 11:47 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,299,572 times
In Rock Hill, AVOID Gable Oaks apartments just off Celanese Road. convenient location, sure, but despite the website they are NOT well taken care of. We lived there for 3 months when we first most to SC - we had bugs CONSTANTLY (our front door had a one inch gap between it and the floor), had stuff stolen off our back patio, and had VERY noisy neighbors above and next to us that just did not care that we had very young children who actually wanted to sleep at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties