Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 12:16 PM

2 posts, read 3,715 times

Advertisements

To answer the inquiry posted, River Hills has a significant family population, with a lot of children. River Hills just had a Grand Re-Opening of the Hamilton's Ferry Park where all new playground equipment and facilities were introduced to the community. The River Hills HOA also has developed the waterfront park at South Point. There is playground equipment, a public beach, and great picnic facilities.

The Youth and Recreation Committee is also very active in the community and there are events of different themes year round. Also, the River Hills Country Club has many family activities. I have observed that cumulatively, as compared to most communities in York County, South Carolina area, River Hills Plantation has more to offer families than most places.

Allen Nason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 07:09 PM

166 posts, read 411,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmarin View Post
"River Hills' POA dues are relatively low as compared to other communities ($400/year),"

Actually River Hills HOA fees are $1,356 per year. But for all the perks, it's worth it.
so if you want the pool too its $ $1756 ?

Old 12-31-2008, 06:34 AM

146 posts, read 572,582 times
the pool is a private club so to join, yes, you have to pay the initiation fee and the fees plus the quarterly food requirement. we don't live there, don't belong there but have lots of friends who do. they just renovated the club and added a fitness center as well. they do plan a lot of activities for their members.

Old 09-21-2013, 05:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,576 times
I know this thread is old, but my husband and I are looking at purchasing a home in River Hills and we were wondering what current HOA dues are and what they cover? From posts here it seems that HOA dues are over $1000 p/year for neighborhood maintenance (I guess like landscaping and roads?) and security guards (where? at entrance?), but that it does not include any type of membership for swimming/fitness/social etc. Can anyone speak to the costs of these extra amenities? Thanks!

Old 09-22-2013, 03:58 PM

622 posts, read 1,783,029 times
Default I

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseybethunc View Post
I know this thread is old, but my husband and I are looking at purchasing a home in River Hills and we were wondering what current HOA dues are and what they cover? From posts here it seems that HOA dues are over $1000 p/year for neighborhood maintenance (I guess like landscaping and roads?) and security guards (where? at entrance?), but that it does not include any type of membership for swimming/fitness/social etc. Can anyone speak to the costs of these extra amenities? Thanks!
Current HOA dues are $423 per quarter and cover all common area maintenance, 24 hour security, road maintenance (roads are private as it is a gated community).

Country club fees are:

SOCIAL MEMBERSHIP ( Swimming, Fitness, Social, and Dining)
One time initiation fee of $1000, Monthly dues of $129, Capital dues of $10, Quarterly food minimum of $200.

TENNIS MEMBERSHIP ( All of the above plus TENNIS)
One time initiation fee of $2500, Monthly dues of $244, Capital dues and food minimum are same as above.

GOLF MEMBERSHIP (All of the above plus GOLF)
$1500 Deposit toward initiation ( not sure of total amount), Monthly dues of $354, Capital dues and food minimum are the same as above.

Any other questions fire away.

Old 09-03-2014, 06:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,209 times
Default River Hills

This is a super old thread but I was wondering... BelMartin, if you still lived in River Hills and could let me know the current status for younger children. Mine are 6 and 10. We are currently in the process of relocation out of state to NC/SC. We really would like a 70s/80s older home with established neighborhood. Thoughts? Anyone else out there still? We have two small dogs and will need to walk them. I heard there are walking paths, not sidewalks. Are there plenty of them? Easy access?

Thanks!

Old 09-03-2014, 07:23 PM

110 posts, read 160,095 times
I have a friend with three young kids who lived in River Hills until about a year ago. We visited her often and I really like the community. She absolutely loved it and met many other moms and kids there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties