Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2009, 09:33 AM

196 posts, read 619,623 times

Advertisements

I am sure a lot of you have children and maybe can offer us some ideas. We don't have many friends here in the area since we are somewhat new and live out in the country. We have 9 year old and a 22 month old sons and need a babysitter for going out occasionally. My Mom is 80 years old and lives in an attached home next door so our 9 year old can stay home, he is quite responsible he actually watches her more than she watches him but it's legal.

But my 9 year old can not take care of a 22 month old nor can my 80 year old mother. We have only gone out for a quick adult dinner once in about 3 years and it's starting to show! We have a babysitter but she must be home by 11pm, living out in the country that does not give us much time to go into the city have a nice relaxing dinner, do something and get back home in time.

Point is we have no family and only 1 friend that is willing but we do not want to impose often, maybe 2 times a year. Anyone know of any alternatives for an overnight babysitter? Reason we say overnight is if we have a night on the town we would probably not be back till' about 3am or a bit later. Even if we were back by 2am it may be better just to let the baby sleep through it and possibly the babysitter if they do not plan on staying up the entire night. We are looking to go out maybe once a month or every other month, not something we are going to ask a friend to put up with that often.

Don't know if there are ANY options but we are looking for ideas, we are almost ready to drive 10 hrs to NJ drop the kids off for 2 weeks with other grandparents and drive back but that's a bit drastic considering we do work and it's only a short term solution. We hear Charlotte is a fun town but have never actually had the chance to explore, we are all the way out in Sharon west of York.
Rich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 08:07 PM

3 posts, read 5,802 times
Hi-
My name is Stephanie Custer and I am moving to the Rock Hill area in July. I know you probably want someone sooner, but I am a responsible 22 year old who will be a graduate student at Winthrop University and would be able to provide you with references from people that I have babysitted for in the Columbus, OH area. Also, my job through high school and undergrad included lifeguarding and teaching swim lessons to children of all ages, so I have a lot of experience with children and am certified in CPR and first aid. With my job there I was be busy working, but would be happy to help you out if I could.
Stephanie

[EMAIL="scuster09@aol.com"]scuster09@aol.com[/EMAIL]

Old 06-15-2009, 08:13 PM

3 posts, read 5,802 times
Hi-
My name is Stephanie Custer and I am moving to the Rock Hill area in July. I know you probably want someone sooner, but I am a responsible 22 year old who will be a graduate student at Winthrop University and would be able to provide you with references from people that I have babysitted for in the Columbus, OH area. Also, my job through high school and undergrad included lifeguarding and teaching swim lessons to children of all ages, so I have a lot of experience with children and am certified in CPR and first aid. With my job there I was be busy working, but would be happy to help you out if I could.
Stephanie

[EMAIL="scuster09@aol.com"]scuster09@aol.com[/EMAIL]

Old 06-18-2009, 12:42 PM

2,445 posts, read 7,454,200 times
Maybe you can find someone through care.com.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties