Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 12:06 PM

704 posts, read 2,068,652 times

Advertisements

I only talked to a TW employee a couple years ago who lived in Rock Hill. She was customer service for TW.
I have not received an answer yet from the President's office of TW in N.Y.

I asked him for all reasons and detail. I also spoke to someone in his office who said the "answer" was complicated and he suggested writing. I did ask him if Time Warner wanted all the customers it could get. He said "yes".
So, if what you say is accurate they do not want to serve Rock Hill etc.

Well, I heard they serve York so many times and no one in this thread said they did not. I was only going by what I heard about Clover, York, and Indianland. They do serve Columbia and Savannah, Ga. If they extended lines from Illinois to get to Doby Bridge road, why can't those lines be extended to other areas? Are their lines bypassing York County to get to Columbia, or do those lines come up from the south?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2010, 01:07 PM

704 posts, read 2,068,652 times
well if they "can" come into Rock Hill, etc. and they "do not want to", then the TW President's reply should be interesting.
I asked for the truth to dispel the rumors, and all reasons, and detail.

Above in a comment on a previous page, someone mentioned CATV franchises being involved.

TW should just buy Comporium.

I live in Rock Hill and I will never live in Mecklenburg, so I have Comporium services, TV and internet. Lately I've been getting 2-3 instances of disrupted service a week.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:25 PM

161 posts, read 529,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naeem5 View Post
I only talked to a TW employee a couple years ago who lived in Rock Hill. She was customer service for TW.
I have not received an answer yet from the President's office of TW in N.Y.

I asked him for all reasons and detail. I also spoke to someone in his office who said the "answer" was complicated and he suggested writing. I did ask him if Time Warner wanted all the customers it could get. He said "yes".
So, if what you say is accurate they do not want to serve Rock Hill etc.

Well, I heard they serve York so many times and no one in this thread said they did not. I was only going by what I heard about Clover, York, and Indianland. They do serve Columbia and Savannah, Ga. If they extended lines from Illinois to get to Doby Bridge road, why can't those lines be extended to other areas? Are their lines bypassing York County to get to Columbia, or do those lines come up from the south?
Ha, sorry Naeem, when I wrote "IL," I was using the common abbreviation most of us Indian Landers use when referring to our town, not Illinois. Actually, TW extended a fiber line from Indian Land (area around Inidan Land Middle School) up Doby Bridge Road into York County to serve a few nieghborhoods. BTW, Time Warner DOES NOT serve Savannah GA--that is a solid Comcast area. Nearby Hilton Head Island IS served by TW. You're right about TW serving Columbia, along with most of Northeastern SC, including FLorence, Sumter, Myrtle Beach and most of the small towns in between. Naeem, if you are having trouble with your Comporium service (you said in another post you were having several disruptions a week) obviously something is wrong and you should call customer service. My experience has been they will will not quit until the problem is fixed. Cable/internet/telephone service is an extremely complex proposition and sometimes troubleshooting a problem can take a while, but I think Comporium will make it right, just give them a chance.

Old 09-04-2010, 04:30 PM

14,459 posts, read 20,637,389 times
I thought I had a seperate thread about having written the president of Time Warner but I can not find it.

If I am going to ride along with the Comporium users who would like "options" and "choices" then I am going to report the news as I get it, good or bad.

I wrote the President of Time Warner on July 15th and I have not gotten an answer.

1. maybe I will get an answer, eventually.
2. maybe I won't get an answer.
a. why?

Old 03-19-2011, 01:05 AM

3 posts, read 9,361 times
ok my problem is with the lack of internet providers. we are stuck with comporium period and we have direct tv. which told us they cant provide us with net access due to comporium. now comporium is starting this chargeing for internet overage use?. Its plain dumb now my internet bill wiil be like a phone bill i have soo manu "minutes" then ill get charged for going over... BULL. that is nothing more than a monopoly period plus its now a hidden rate hike! we have 4 computers 3 of which are in use 80-90% of the day watching videos netflix etc and because of that those of us who chose to leave comporium for any other company are stuck with an internet company that is trying to shaft us to generate new revenue. im sry i didnt know that my internet use was like a calling plan from say 10 years ago.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
ok my problem is with the lack of internet providers. we are stuck with comporium period and we have direct tv. which told us they cant provide us with net access due to comporium. now comporium is starting this chargeing for internet overage use?. Its plain dumb now my internet bill wiil be like a phone bill i have soo manu "minutes" then ill get charged for going over... BULL. that is nothing more than a monopoly period plus its now a hidden rate hike! we have 4 computers 3 of which are in use 80-90% of the day watching videos netflix etc and because of that those of us who chose to leave comporium for any other company are stuck with an internet company that is trying to shaft us to generate new revenue. im sry i didnt know that my internet use was like a calling plan from say 10 years ago.
sent you a message....

can you live with 200 channels, plus all the Netflix movies and high speed internet?

no overage on my comporium internet.

So you have 3 people who spend 80% of the day watching Netflix?
That is over 19 hours per day person...????
All retired or under age 6 and no school or work?

Old 03-19-2011, 07:44 AM

[quote=Jason H;18343585]ok my problem is with the lack of internet providers. we are stuck with comporium period quote]

lack of providers for internet?

You are in the HIGH MAJORITY in York County. Certain areas of York County have access to Time Warner.

Or you can go wireless, I think using various carriers.

Sadly (due to no reply), I wrote the President of Time Warner a letter and asked him why they cater to the users they have in York County in Clover, York, etc, but pass up the larger cities where the population is (Rock Hill and Fort Mill).
I never got an answer back. And his spokesperson on the phone told me that I would get a direct response back 100%. I asked to hear all the reasons they do not and CAN not service Rock Hill. I never heard back. I told him I was writing on behalf of 10's of thousands of York County residents. I heard nothing. So maybe they can go out of business and take Comporium with them one of these years. I deserved the courtesy of a reply and got none.
May Comporium rot in hell after going bankrupt, and maybe Time Warner too. They both know why Rock Hill has only one choice.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:40 AM

1,141 posts, read 3,544,898 times
I had Comporium when I first moved to Ft Mill, and disliked the service. Very inept in the office, tv stations very limited. So after a year I went to satellite. WHAT A HUGE MISTAKE. Anyway 2 years later I went back to Comporium, and was very surprised at how much of an improvement was made in their office, the tv offerings, internet etc. I have had them a full year again, and I have never one time lost any connection what so ever, phone, tv, or net. I think they do a great job, and for me, they were WAY cheaper than satellite. Plus when I put my TV back over to Comporium, I got a nice bundle package. I pay Comporium for TV, land line, high speed internet, and my bill is the same amount now, that just my one bill from the satellite company was for my TV only (which went out at least 3 times a week)

Old 03-20-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
-------------------------------------------------------------------
anyone who is wanting to sign up with Comporium, they have specials.
I can send you to the salesman who handled my account.

I got high speed internet for 29.99 and no overage charges, never heard of that.
and 200 cable channels for 39.99 locked in for 2 years.
My Comporium bill is under $80.
Then I have phone with Verizon.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:23 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,544,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
-------------------------------------------------------------------
anyone who is wanting to sign up with Comporium, they have specials.
I can send you to the salesman who handled my account.

I got high speed internet for 29.99 and no overage charges, never heard of that.
and 200 cable channels for 39.99 locked in for 2 years.
My Comporium bill is under $80.
Then I have phone with Verizon.
Same here, except I do have my land line phone on the bill too...I never heard of any "overage" charges for internet. I don't recall receiving anything from Comporium about it, and nothing is on their www site that I could find.Long time ago, when people could start affording to buy computers for home the providers did sometimes, have limit times, with overage charges, but that all went out the window years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties