Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2022, 09:38 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,590,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Yes it is.

Line up African Americans, Brazilians, Dominicans, etc. and see which one is which. Line up Koreans, Chinese, Japanese, and see which one is which. Line up whites throughout America and Europe and try to tell the difference

You can call yourself a blue alien centipede if you want, you're still either black, white, or Asian. And Africans absolutely sold their own, from the arbitrary borders set by Europeans and arbitrary tribes set by themselves.

Yes he did. You really think Jews and Slavics aren't white?

Even the Europeans who immigrated to America were discriminated against, only to be quickly accepted as "white." Arbitrary titles change, major genetics don't.

African Americans are apart of the African diaspora, to include Brazilians and Haitians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_diaspora

You don't get to claim "African American slaves weren't considered African by the African chiefs who sold them into slavery."

Africans sold their own into slavery, period. Ask any historian if Americans gave one damn about what "tribe" a slave was from. All they cared about is if they were a black African, that's all the justification they needed to put you in chains.
And what better way to get rid of your rivals, than to have them shipped off to distant lands. They still do it today. As long as there is money in it they will keep doing it. It's all over the news, except there are no marches on nations capitals, to put a stop to it.

Archeologist and paleontology, where they have been digging up bones that date back forever, according to them at one time the white skinned human did not exist on this earth. White is an evolutionary anomaly they can not explain, but theorize milk caused skin to lighten.

All they know for sure is they have yet to come across really really old bones that have Caucasian traits. Some people are smart and some people are (to be PC) challenged --- skin color does not depict a person's IQ. And if a person lives in a region where people are kidnapped and sold, skin color does not depict a person's vulnerability to that situation either. You just have the miss fortune of being born in the wrong region of the world. That's all.

btw: no one today is coming for you to right the injustice that has been done. They care about as much about it today as they always have since time began. It's a way of life, ingrained into our culture, world-wide. The practice didn't stop, [in 1865] it just grew bigger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2022, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonite View Post
I believe your instincts were correct about this couple, Ellis. It's one thing to say "Hey, if you're ever in Houston, look us up" or "You can stay with us for a couple days when you're in town." But to offer college, clothing, full time accommodation, and "a future" ... well, that's unusual. WAY too unusual. The girl was obviously a lure/bait. This couple wanted to use you for something not good. Thank goodness you didn't take them up on their offer. I hope no one else did, either.

Thank you for sharing your story. I hope anyone reading it will take note and be aware of such pitfalls.
I wish that I could have had enough about myself at that time to really realize what was going on and turn them into the authorities --- but think about, who would have listened? How would that conversation go with a sheriff? --- and my personal favorite who does a person believe?

This about history:

[Trailer] The Truth About the 12.5 Million Black Slaves Kidnapped out of Africa | Larry Elder

or that that they record is happening today, which is as old as life itself on this planet:

Detained by Militias: Libya's Migrant Trade (Part 1)

Interesting enough, they didn't title the segment "Libya's People Trade". And people call slavery today, 'human trafficking', like that makes a difference in the conditions 40 million people have fallen into. And if they fall it into, how funny on them, they don't just walk away from it. What is it that holds them there?

See the difference between what I did at age 18 and what situation someone else maybe in, is that I made a conscience choice to do what I did. I had within my toolkit, the power to change it at anytime. Most folks don't have that power, so they will buy into what a vulture is selling in hopes to obtain that power within the situation. That's how it is the market in the underground slave trade flourishes as it captures a person's hopes and dreams and those same hopes and dreams, keep people vulnerable to their surroundings.

Old 01-28-2022, 12:08 PM

77 posts, read 35,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
No, it's not. But you're trying to find a way to say that Africans created Jim Crow. I see your scheme.
yes it is. africans treated other africans even today with class and wealth critiria. that is why they had slaves are were selling them to other africans or europeans. first jim crow laws were in africa when it comes to blacks

Old 01-28-2022, 12:17 PM

28,664 posts, read 18,771,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starigrad View Post
yes it is. africans treated other africans even today with class and wealth critiria. that is why they had slaves are were selling them to other africans or europeans. first jim crow laws were in africa when it comes to blacks
Jim Crow wasn't about class and wealth.

Old 01-28-2022, 12:34 PM

77 posts, read 35,282 times
Quote:
then what was it about.like i said in africa as well one tribe see it self above other and as well in wealth and power.

Old 01-28-2022, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by starigrad View Post
then what was it about.like i said in africa as well one tribe see it self above other and as well in wealth and power.
It was about the government exploit of the social ills of their citizens, least they become one and united against them. Unless you have documentation that there is/was no such thing as a well to do black man in the u.s. or Africa, or a poor white man in either location based on jim crow laws.

the water fountains read, white - black, not poor - rich. and American Indian were not even allowed in town.

Old 01-31-2022, 08:42 AM

7,644 posts, read 4,593,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
What was Russia before it was Russia?

Muscovy....which rose to eventually beat Novograd (baltic region) as well as the declining Khanate states (Ghengis Kong's empire breakup)

Old 01-31-2022, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
What was Russia before it was Russia?
Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
Muscovy....which rose to eventually beat Novograd (baltic region) as well as the declining Khanate states (Ghengis Kong's empire breakup)
Thank you for that, but I did find what I was thinking on. The 'War of Gog and Magog', in biblical times, referenced in Ezekiel. I'm not so much interested in what he says of Biblical prophecy (human behavior is predicable as it is old) as I am in ancient civilizations in the ages of BC and what became of them. I use to read Archeology magazine, until I realized I couldn't trust their science.

Any way according to that writer tho the people of Magog were those living in where Russia stands today.

Old 02-24-2022, 01:35 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,532,618 times
Hmmm. People ranting about Africans selling "their own". Now let us discuss how Europeans are now killing "their own". Ukrainians and Russians are culturally related. Many of the peoples sold into slavery by African traders came from different lands and spoke unintelligible languages.

Old 02-24-2022, 01:39 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,532,618 times
Quote:
I would ask that clown to describe what kind of Jim Crow existed in Africa but then I realize that he is lacking an ability to respond. I would say more but City-Data forums have their biases and I am not ready for this hread to be locked.

Jim Crow impacted the wealthiest of blacks. I urge those who doubt to watch the Gilded Age, now on HBO. Even in NYC where it wasnt legally sanctioned it existed in practice and the black doctors were just as humiliated as were the laborers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa