Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 08:51 AM

283 posts, read 1,384,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy View Post

Depends on what you consider American lifestyle and what you consider spoiled. Don't forget, if you ever knew, that 98% of this state is federal land and with that come restrictions on building Wal*marts and so on. Sounds like you don't know much about the place; how about we give Illinois back to the French?
I do know a lot about Alaska. But just because the government is federal land doesn't mean that they won't allow for construction if it is ever needed.
France, after watching sicko I wish we were a part of France.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2007, 12:10 AM

222 posts, read 1,045,871 times
Keep Alaska, it's only one of two states that allows its citizens to exercise their Constitutional right (2nd Amendment) without having to pay for a permit to do so.

Old 06-24-2007, 01:02 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,330,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexi-in-Arlington-Heights View Post
Nope didn't mean to come off that way. But you too are having a serious mental disorder. Stop and smell the iglo. I know about the land being owned by the federal and state government to preserve the land. But it doesn't mean that it is safe from being developed. you know we live in a capitalist society...if you haven't forgotten?
In the world we live in anything can happen. There are several cases before the U.S. Supreme Court dealing with "protected lands"...that were not so protected. "...serious mental disorder"- U r too funny, but u make a very good point.

Old 06-24-2007, 09:27 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,607,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyL View Post
nope, we even have the pink slip to prove it.
i got a better idea, how about california and texas going back to mexico?
Nope, we fought two wars and then paid Santa Anna for Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California anyway. Two million went a lot further in those days than it does now.

Old 06-25-2007, 12:35 AM

201 posts, read 823,226 times
Forget Alaska, I just wonder if she's ever been to RUSSIA! We're not talking about an unindustrial, clean, nation-state after all. There is Siberia, but INHABITED Russia makes many US cities look like clean, beautiful (if not still Walmart dotted), crime-free, pollution-free utopian meccas.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:31 PM

16 posts, read 68,153 times
Default I love it

Funniest post yet -lmao
No mention of giving Alaska back to Alaskan natives :O
personally, I think we should give Florida to anyone who'll take it off of our hands. Not that I've ever been there - but I'm an American - I don't have to know about something to have an opinion about it.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:59 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,669,443 times
Wow, I joined this site just a couple of weeks ago and this is hands-down the most inane thread on the site. Congrats to the thread-starter. You are either insane or have a very strange sense of humor. (Like Anchorage needs more places to buy Vodka...)

Old 07-10-2007, 12:48 AM

52 posts, read 461,653 times
Default Too funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan roberson View Post
Funniest post yet -lmao
No mention of giving Alaska back to Alaskan natives :O
personally, I think we should give Florida to anyone who'll take it off of our hands. Not that I've ever been there - but I'm an American - I don't have to know about something to have an opinion about it.
That is too funny Alan...I think the condo commandos in FL should be allowed to privately buy FL and secede. I spent ten years there. Got to love those giant flying "palmetto bugs".

Old 07-10-2007, 12:51 AM

306 posts, read 1,036,800 times
And give Russia all that Oil on the northern slope!?

I think not. Massachussettes on the other hand...

Old 07-10-2007, 01:00 AM

268 posts, read 1,614,452 times
I wouldn't mind handing Arizona over to Mexico ... well maybe just SW Arizona.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska