Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 07:39 PM

3,889 posts, read 4,543,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
The male half of this couple is a dick. She really liked a house that had an actual kitchen rather than a shack located 50 feet from the "main house" and two bathrooms rather than an outhouse made out of a couple of tarps. The top end of their budget is 150K, but this house is 160K, and the "man" started sniveling a river that it was too expensive. It's only 10 flippin' K.

Now they are looking at another old dump and he's raving about how "Alaskan" it is. I think this guy just wants to play at being an "Alaskan" and will probably end up being yet another person who can't make a living raising sled dogs no matter how cheap the property they get is. That poor woman should dump that idjit ASAP.
I think I've channel surfed by this program! I'm from So Cal, apartment raised and wouldn't kid myself about living there. (although stranger things have happened in my life! LOL!)

BTW, doesn't men out number the women up there?
If he loses his wife, then he could really feel "Alaskan"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 07:11 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Well, that sort of depends on the part of Alaska in question. For instance, the male/female ratio in Anchorage is fairly even. Mod Cut

Last edited by Rance; 05-15-2013 at 07:18 PM..

Old 05-15-2013, 03:40 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
I think I've channel surfed by this program! I'm from So Cal, apartment raised and wouldn't kid myself about living there. (although stranger things have happened in my life! LOL!)

BTW, doesn't men out number the women up there?
If he loses his wife, then he could really feel "Alaskan"!
He would likely walk away from the property and go back to the lower 48 if his wife left. Unless he is a eunch. The over all ratio in anchorage might be 50/50 but there seem to be more men looking than women looking for a mate, over all ratios dont tell you much because women out live men so alot of thoes women could be much older and not in the target age range of most of the men that are looking for a mate.

If his wife left he would quickly realize that its a sausage fest up here and likely be gone to the lower 48 again in a month or 2 and the property would be a fire sale. Any prudent man should assume their wife will leave when making such a decision like this and know what they are going to do if that event transpires.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:48 PM

791 posts, read 1,154,536 times
I think about 300,000 people view that Alaska Real Estate Show. More publicity is good education for the people in the United States who want to spend money up in Alaska. I thought it was a good show.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:47 PM

339 posts, read 588,579 times
Just watched it on Discovery tonight. Don't know prices on properties with houses but when I bought my land I did pay well under $30,000 for 2 acres on the Penn and I wouldn't have got a small lot in NoCali for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska