Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 12:36 PM

3,041 posts, read 7,937,491 times

Advertisements

Absolute trash,not worth talking about,should be cancelled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 03:19 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,081,779 times
That show is frighteningly *****......those kids...like they are missing a few cells.

But for me, the kicker is that they pretend to be living off the land, but that gas guzzler they tool around in at 10 MPG always seems to have fuel. Hmmmm that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
What is your take on Life Below Zero?

Is it edited, of course, scripted, maybe. But I like it better. For some reason, I feel the people in that show are more genuine. They seem to say what they do, what they use and how they get it.
That woman is another one......she spends more time worrying about the thousands of gallons of fuel that she burns while scouting for wolves and whatever that would steal her larder. She strikes me as someone who is a few cents short of change for a dollar. Just creepy.

Both of these shows...all of these shows...are extremely scripted.

BTW, the reason the House Hunting producer was looking for people who had moved in the last three years was because that is how they do that show: find people who have moved; run them through a 'mock' house search; clean out the furnishings from their house; make them "see it" like it was new; and then select it for the "winner". All staged.

It probably does pay a little something...I am think probably ten grand, plus expenses for running around, moving your furniture out, etc. Curious what they say about payment if you ask them.

Old 05-27-2014, 03:46 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,521,443 times
I did notice that all of the people on the shows seem to have their own pay for services or merchandise web sites... Seems like a lot of free advertising... That is worth a lot. One of the ways I debunk the show...

The browns that don't have any contact with the outside world for 9 months have one as well.

Old 05-27-2014, 04:02 PM

482 posts, read 875,006 times
I read that HH pays you $500. And it's two days of hell with the scripting and filming. The people who go under contract to film usually regret it.

Old 05-27-2014, 05:22 PM

16 posts, read 92,223 times
Quote:
What is your take on Life Below Zero?

Is it edited, of course, scripted, maybe. But I like it better. For some reason, I feel the people in that show are more genuine. They seem to say what they do, what they use and how they get it.
I like this show much more. It seems to show how life really is at least for the people on the show. I could do without the women? with all the cute sayings but even she is probably just as we see her. I suppose she has to be that unique to want to live an the edge of nowhere.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:24 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,461,717 times
Quote:

This one is easy to pick apart. Enjoy the script and the fake drama.
Its not only them. Cable TV is full with such nonsense. I don't remember such programs 20 years ago. And they could produce this **** since the beginning of TV. But I guess management didn't think they want to show that and people will want to watch it. The question is why now and why so much? Gee...

Old 05-27-2014, 07:13 PM

16 posts, read 92,223 times
Default Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Its not only them. Cable TV is full with such nonsense. I don't remember such programs 20 years ago. And they could produce this **** since the beginning of TV. But I guess management didn't think they want to show that and people will want to watch it. The question is why now and why so much? Gee...
I have read that the production costs of these reality shows is far less than the sitcoms ect we were used to. One episode costs about 350 K to make but I have forgotten which one of these that cost was taken from.
The ridiculous housewives show now costs much more because they have to pay people like Nene 450 K per show or so I read. I cant watch those anymore because I already know whats going to happen. They simply set up fake drama in which people can identify with one or the other person on the show.

Old 05-27-2014, 07:34 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,521,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Agreed... I think it does have something to do with money and the fact that someone made a "reality" show and it took off ratings wise. I think it was survivor - although I never watched that one. So now they all have to "try it". And they end up becoming long running series.

In the back of my mind, they are just entertainment. I enjoy the AK ones, because I am moving there...

Old 05-28-2014, 08:31 AM

40 posts, read 79,207 times
This family tries WAY too hard to give you the impression they have been off the grid and living by their own efforts. One look at the show and their facebook page tells you they are lying.
I've seen postings from Alaskan's who have encountered them that claim they don't pay their debts and leave a mess wherever they've been

Old 05-28-2014, 08:41 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
Sooo...reality shows are scripted...unlike all the rest of movie industry and TV shows which aren't??? Big deal... if one enjoys reality shows rather watching overpaid, pompous, and pretentious actors and actresses...so be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska