Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 09:22 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Nope, I live back off the main roads and my kids are the only kids in the neighborhood. And it's too dang cold here to take the 2 yr old out in the cold. It's sucky this year but I like your haunted house idea.
Savor your time with your kids....one day they are two years old and then you turn around and they're flying off to Italy or some such.

I only had one, but he was charismatic enough so that our house was always filled with kids, and I have to say that I miss that very much. Just this past week, two of the kids he grew up with told me how much the old house meant to them...I never knew.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:28 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,810,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
In my view you are overdoing it here. As you may well know (although it seems you ignore), a majority of Americans voted for Bush twice, just like they did for Bill Clinton just before. Just because you don't like what some may say here, it does not mean that you should resort to insults.

Overdoing it Ray...in my view, hardly...if old nita wasn't such a sarcastic smart azz it might be different...but thats her mo

Funny, now days its hard to find a republican that will admit to voting for The Smirking Chimp....

Old 10-31-2008, 09:38 PM

Its 61% and falling....and will continue to fall now that Alaskans have now seen what she's really made out of.

She'll be back as governor and ole Uncle Teddy is out, one way or another

Lets hope he gets some jail time after his failed attempt at an appeal.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:46 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,250,164 times
I have to jump in here.
We've only been in the state for just over a month, but did lots of research for about a year before the move.
Anyway, before arriving here I had pretty high thoughts of Palin. Now that we are here, the more I hear, see, and read, the less and less I can for her.

Just wanted to say that.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:01 PM

2,519 posts, read 7,035,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
Marty....if she just shut up and quit running her mouth with the same one-line crappolla everyday the ticket would be better off....McCains handlers have tried all week with no success

She's like a loose canon....
Actually, I think she is the reason McCain is still hanging in there. She has solidified the right wing of the party. a lot of people were not even going to vote because McCain is not exciting to the right wing of the R party...but Palin has not only brought them back, she has made them activists and that is why it is still a race.

Because of that she lost the support of Ds in Alaska but that is not a big problem in this state. She is still easily the most popular politician in the state. I heard the rest of the Dittman poll and the only place she is not popular is SE Alaska. She even tops 60% in the bush communities.

I think she is at about 35% or so in Juneau and I bet Ketchikan is even lower. That's OK...most of us in Alaska think SE is part of Canada anyway ...just teasing.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:11 PM

391 posts, read 1,030,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
Funny, now days its hard to find a republican that will admit to voting for The Smirking Chimp....
Not a Republican, but I voted for him...the DEMOCRATS SHOULD HAVE GIVEN ME SOMEONE ELSE BESIDES KERRY IF THEY WANTED ME TO VOTE THEIR WAY THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a vet and current servicemember, John Kerry can ETERNALLY kiss my arse for dishonoring his fellow/former servicemembers (the throwing his medals away STILL disgust me).

Edit: For the BSG fans: frac him.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:14 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
Whoops...I forgot someone with regards to my family's votes. Can't forget the old Alaskan icon who lives in SE and whose vote will be going to Obama on the 4th.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:33 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,270,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icarian View Post
As a vet and current servicemember, John Kerry can ETERNALLY kiss my arse for dishonoring his fellow/former servicemembers (the throwing his medals away STILL disgust me).
I won't comment on the above, but I find it even more reprehensible that both Bush and Cheney found ways to get out of the draft and avoid combat. Kerry at least served and put his life on the line unlike these two frauds.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Whoops...I forgot someone with regards to my family's votes. Can't forget the old Alaskan icon who lives in SE and whose vote will be going to Obama on the 4th.
I doubt she'd appreciate being referred to an an old Alaskan icon....

Old 10-31-2008, 10:44 PM

1,331 posts, read 3,000,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
I won't comment on the above, but I find it even more reprehensible that both Bush and Cheney found ways to get out of the draft and avoid combat. Kerry at least served and put his life on the line unlike these two frauds.
More inanity from the People's Republik I see. You want a fraud? Look at Obama. A completely unqualified left-wing charlatan whose past associations with sleazeballs has been completely ignored by a biased news media. Obama isn't qualified to run a Salvation Army soup kitchen, much less be POTUS. He is a completely qualified POS however.

Study: Media coverage has favored Obama campaign - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081101/ap_on_el_pr/campaign_media - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska