Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 03:22 PM

3,539 posts, read 7,655,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
It would be back-op for the statements he made and would make points with me. I recall the "Bush lied," rhetoric occurring after the invasion.
Well of course you remember it that way. There were a few people initially saying that he was out and out lying, but in fact most of us simply did not have enough information to make that determination. The President of the United States of America says he has clear evidence that Saddam is developing nuclear weapons and has vast numbers of other Weapons of Mass Destruction... what are people supposed to do??? He supposedly has the world's best intelligence organizations to provide him that sort of information, would he out and out lie to us about it????

Turned out, yes he would. It didn't take long before we were absolutely positive that he had done exactly that. Or, anyone with half a brain was positive at least.

But lets face it, half of the people necessarily are below average intelligence, and half of those who are not are greedy. So we re-elected George W. Bush, and we got what we deserved.

Now lets do put Obama into office and get on with the long process of extricating ourselves from what Bush hath done. And don't kid yourself, it is going to take 15-20 years if we get lucky, and maybe 25 if we aren't.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:28 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,855,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
Now lets do put Obama into office and get on with the long process of extricating ourselves from what Bush hath done. And don't kid yourself, it is going to take 15-20 years if we get lucky, and maybe 25 if we aren't.
With whomever is in office, it will be a long process with a lot of things. We don't know for sure what is going to happen with Obama either, the world, as well as this country is in turmoil, and Obama will be in for 4 of those 20 to 25 years... I don't think any of them are past lying or fabricating the truth as they see it, to whatever extent it may be.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:45 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,572,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Hah! Which dimension were you in during the run-up to the war? There was a cacophony of people speaking out against the war with very sound reasons for their position. These weren't all "Far Left" whackos. You seem like a distinguished alumni of the "I-don't-remember-it-therefore-it-didn't-happen" school.
The ones that "counted" were the U.S. Congress that voted for the war, and approved the use of force. Then claimed they were "tricked" when it became unpopular...

The dimension you refer to that you find so different from our reality, must be a pretty sad place for you.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
One thing so many forget, we gave him (not Bush) Hussein months to get rid of the WMD. That is like, telling the enemy exactly when we will pull out of Iraq. This is not saying, I live the war or we should have gone in, as mentioned hindsight is 20/20 or better, but there is more to this than most of us know...

Nita
Actually he had almost ten years, and much of that was playing games with the inspectors that were there to verify the programs shutdown as per the requirements of the First Gulf War.

Saddam would move stuff constantly and harass the inspectors, a constant struggle for them to do anything.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Oh I see. The fanboys and fangirls now finding ex post facto extenuating circumstances for their naked Emperor.
Do you have any clue to what you are saying?

No matter how much you want Strawberry Koolaid to be Lemon, it will still be Strawberry and you appear to drink way too much Koolaid to start with.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:56 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
You're actually the liar here; I've made plenty of positive posts about Alaska And I've made it quite clear in "other forums" that I live in two different places, as well as debunked a lot of the Google experts' latest revelations about the state (including the recent assertion that Track Palin didn't graduate from high school, not to mention the screeching about the pfd that went on down there).

And I have more history, more family, and probably more of a personal stake in Alaska than you ever will.
Tell us again how you don't pretend to live in Alaska on other forums? I could use a good laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Quote:
Yes, Maybe its time to take her circus act back to Alaska.
Please stop trying to send her back here.
There isn't a single positive post you have ever made about Alaska since you joined City-Data, only bile and hatred. You are always tossing around insults, and your propensity to lie makes any statement you post dubious at best. I am not the first to point this out, nor will I be the last.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:58 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times
Quote:
Yeah, right! You voted for Gore and Kerry both, didn't you! And that's as true as you see me and I see you...Yeah, right! You never did post all those insults here that have your name on them, did you...
No, actually I voted for Gingrich in 2000 and Schwartzkopf in 2004. I also will not be voting for Obama or McCain in this election. I do not vote for liberals, which is why I never voted for Bush.

Any insult you may have perceived was in response to you self-righteous arrogance and deliberate lies. So if you don't like being insulted, stop being so pretentious and manufacturing lies. Problem solved.

Old 11-04-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
I recall on the eve of the first Iraq war in 1990 how George Herbert Walker Bush - and I am not particularly an admirer of the guy - wrestled with his decision to give the final go-ahead. There were TV shots of him looking visibly disturbed, seeking solace from Rev. Graham, that he had to start the war, but you got the sense of a man who had grappled with the issues before arriving at the final decision. With George W. 'Bring it on' Bush, on the other hand, all you got was empty bravado, a zeal to rush headlong into war without any thought of the consequences. See where it got us.
I recall how George Bush was in a class reading to school kids when he was first told of the airplane strike on the twin towers, he had a very grave look of concern on his face. At that time it was believed to be an accident until the second one struck the second tower.

I remember Kerry telling how they were terrified and hid in an office to wait to see what happened next. George Bush II, never once looked scared. And those that did it would have gladly changed their mind if they knew what the cost to "them" was going to be for pissing off America.

You clearly don't remember history very well do you....

Old 11-04-2008, 04:02 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,855,137 times
Like everything else, what's happened is in the past and can't be changed no matter how much dart throwing, name calling, bashing and Kool-aid making (). The fact is the democratic party is going to probably be back in, and we all need to move on. This living in the past gets no one anywhere fast and turns into such a waste of energy, IMO.

Old 11-04-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Yeah, right! You voted for Gore and Kerry both, didn't you! And that's as true as you see me and I see you...Yeah, right! You never did post all those insults here that have your name on them, did you...
Are you OK? You keep getting farther and farther out there.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska