Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 02:40 PM

2,397 posts, read 4,699,652 times

Advertisements

Drop it its over. Neither and I stress neither canidate had what it really takes to really make a change. Go sing your praises on the hill tops of California. He is not GOD and we will see if he can bring change and all the good things he said.

The election is over. One party one and the other lost. Thats the way it has been since elections have been held.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:41 PM

3,539 posts, read 7,648,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamChasers8 View Post
Because she's an American and has the same rights as you whether you like it or not, her opinion counts just as much as yours.
Worthless political opinions have value only on a theoretical basis, not on a practical one.

Given what has happened to this country in the past 8 years, and coupled with the election results yesterday, it is VERY clear that most Americans just rejected the opinions of those who voted for GWB, especially if they would continue in that same direction today if they could.

Ergo: The political opinion of anyone who voted twice for GWB is highly suspect, not to be trusted, and today it is of little value.

The essence of that should not be missed either! You ARE responsible for what you say and do, and WILL be held accountable. If you say and do things which are irresponsible (for example, vote for GWB), the obvious effect should be that nobody in the future will have any respect for you political opinions.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:45 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,267,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurorawatcher View Post
Drop it its over. Neither and I stress neither canidate had what it really takes to really make a change. Go sing your praises on the hill tops of California. He is not GOD and we will see if he can bring change and all the good things he said.

The election is over. One party one and the other lost. Thats the way it has been since elections have been held.
Listen dude, if you don't like this thread of any particular post, you have the option of not reading it. Stop being a net-nanny, will ya?

Old 11-05-2008, 02:49 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,016,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
Worthless political opinions have value only on a theoretical basis, not on a practical one.

Given what has happened to this country in the past 8 years, and coupled with the election results yesterday, it is VERY clear that most Americans just rejected the opinions of those who voted for GWB, especially if they would continue in that same direction today if they could.

Ergo: The political opinion of anyone who voted twice for GWB is highly suspect, not to be trusted, and today it is of little value.

The essence of that should not be missed either! You ARE responsible for what you say and do, and WILL be held accountable. If you say and do things which are irresponsible (for example, vote for GWB), the obvious effect should be that nobody in the future will have any respect for you political opinions.
Floyd,

Is everyone in Barrow so ill tempered? Or is it just you?

Old 11-05-2008, 02:50 PM

2,397 posts, read 4,699,652 times
Sorry Dude,
But your posts are all just junk. Who cares who one. Its over. Now the people can see if he can do it. Just like any other canidate that has been in office. No big deal. We have 4 yrs to see what our new prez can get done.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:05 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
What is the relevance of this question? I have said nothing about California being progressive or not.

Why do YOU think it closed down? Because if you understand the workings of the Dow on a day-to-day basis, I can get you a job making a million bucks a day.

The evidence points to the contrary. Some people here expressed relief it was all over (read the grapes tasted sour) until I had to remind them about the singularity and magnitude of what had just happened. I also reminded them that regardless of where their vote lay, this was a landmark day for very American citizen, an affirmation of the finest in American ideals. Please go upthread and read the posts again.
my recollection and I could be wrong, normally the day after an election the stock market goes up. I do hope today is not an indication of what may be in our future..

NIta

Old 11-05-2008, 03:14 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
trolling

Old 11-05-2008, 03:25 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,429,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
"An angry aide characterized the shopping spree as "Wasilla hillbillies looting Neiman Marcus from coast to coast," and said the truth will eventually come out when the Republican Party audits its books."

All the spicy details at -

Highlights: Newsweek's Special Election Project | Newsweek Politics: Campaign 2008 | Newsweek.com
And your point out there in Californication is ?????

Old 11-05-2008, 03:36 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,842,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
trolling
Artic - He came in late summer wanting info on walking AK and taking pictures...now see where Icey ended up...even after the election is done....oh - so you may be right after all....

Old 11-05-2008, 03:53 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,842,168 times
The stock market has been fickle for a while and doubt it is a direct reflection on the election, as there is nothing Obama can even "attempt" to do for a while yet, will just make his job more interesting, and it probably would have happened with McCain too. Have heard bits saying that what is controlled by other countries feeling for the election is the reason, but doubt that also, as they knew what was coming or possible. Maybe the old market wants a government handout too? I also saw something about the trend of the market and it rose so fast a few years ago, that it has to level somewhat...not sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska