Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 09:42 AM

273 posts, read 587,340 times

Advertisements

I, for one, have never been more proud to be an American than I am right now. Last night was beautiful. I am forty-two years old, and I have never before had the hope for my country as I do now.I know that many of you on this board do not agree. I have learned alot from you. But my family gathered around the television last night, the children were cheering and the elders were crying.Because what has happened shows that we can be, in the future, with God's help and a collective effort, the nation of people that we believe ourselves to be. Yes, Rance, we need to watch and see. But there is HOPE. That we may someday right ourselves and turn away from this ugly path we have been on. Met, when are you coming home? I've got to get to work. Whoever it was that said that we from SE don't understand winters has never coiled lines on a rocking dock fighting fire-house freezing rain slamming at them. In the dark. Wearing 25 pounds of rubber.I'm on my way back to work. I'll be sending good thoughts toward you today, my friend the honest fighter. You are a SE Alaskan through and through. Always. Take Care

Old 11-05-2008, 09:45 AM

6,424 posts, read 13,239,745 times
Metlakatla, I for one will miss your posts. A difference of opinion, I think anyway, is a good thing. If we all thought alike, what would this world be like?

Best to ya!

Old 11-05-2008, 09:49 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,267,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
And now this is my final post in this thread and in the Alaska forum as well.

I really should have left after you people ran Xa'at off for having different views from most of you; I stayed out of principle I suppose, and because I wanted to see your governor kicked back at you. It's been a pleasure.

Starlite, I'm not even going to justify your comment about the pfd with a response.
Goodbye. I'll be removing most of you from my "friends list" when I have time. I'm glad that this forum is not at all representative of the Alaska that I know.
Save your slams; I won't be reading them.
Good luck and take care.

Met,

Your time is perhaps better spent doing things other than jousting with the hordes of unreason. You dared to present a different view here and ran afoul of the dittoheads. I wish you would stick it out. But if you decide not to, all the very best.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:35 AM

The alternative universe mourns -

Meanwhile, in an alternative universe - Paul Krugman - Op-Ed Columnist - New York Times Blog

Old 11-05-2008, 10:39 AM

O brother, the irony! The "pro-America" parts of North Carolina went anti-Sarah!

EdCone.com: Pro-Americans voting in the real America

Old 11-05-2008, 10:46 AM

Behind the scenes, the dark truths. Palin's rallies lead to an increase in threats against Barack Obama. From Newsweek's upcoming report -

"The Obama campaign was provided with reports from the Secret Service showing a sharp and disturbing increase in threats to Obama in September and early October, at the same time that many crowds at Palin rallies became more frenzied. Michelle Obama was shaken by the vituperative crowds and the hot rhetoric from the GOP candidates. "Why would they try to make people hate us?" Michelle asked a top campaign aide." "

More on that and Palin's shopping sprees, here -

Highlights: Newsweek's Special Election Project | Newsweek Politics: Campaign 2008 | Newsweek.com

Old 11-05-2008, 10:53 AM

Default Wasilla hillbillies loot Neiman Marcus

"An angry aide characterized the shopping spree as "Wasilla hillbillies looting Neiman Marcus from coast to coast," and said the truth will eventually come out when the Republican Party audits its books."

All the spicy details at -

Highlights: Newsweek's Special Election Project | Newsweek Politics: Campaign 2008 | Newsweek.com

Old 11-05-2008, 10:59 AM

2,397 posts, read 4,699,652 times
Oh drop all of this BS.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:00 AM

3,539 posts, read 7,648,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Your intelligence, or should I say "lack of" just baffles me. You were the one who proclaimed to know who I voted for so don't even try to change it now. Just wander off into the sunshine of your new Prez and smell the roses.
Change what now? As noted, figuring out your voting habits is
not exactly time consuming...

Old 11-05-2008, 11:10 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Behind the scenes, the dark truths. Palin's rallies lead to an increase in threats against Barack Obama. From Newsweek's upcoming report -

"The Obama campaign was provided with reports from the Secret Service showing a sharp and disturbing increase in threats to Obama in September and early October, at the same time that many crowds at Palin rallies became more frenzied. Michelle Obama was shaken by the vituperative crowds and the hot rhetoric from the GOP candidates. "Why would they try to make people hate us?" Michelle asked a top campaign aide." "

More on that and Palin's shopping sprees, here -

can't you get on with it, your candidate won, most of us hope we can unite the country and if he turns out to be a good Pres he will serve for 8 years, if not he will be replaced. Stop all this BS. What Michelle did or did not say is hearsay at best.

NIta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska