Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 09:08 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,572,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post

Now on the other hand, what do you fine folks up there really think about her?
We won, she is coming home!

Old 11-05-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
Everybody's opinion is of equal value, in theory. But you can't feed people with nonsense opinions.
Well you hit the nail on the head, when are you going to stop with your nonsense opinions.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:12 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,024,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
It will be interesting to see the outcome of this election. What do you think, in the event of a special election, of your Gov's chances to run/win for the Senate seat in a special election?
Yea, that topic is all the rage on Talk-Radio up here now:

Could she appoint herself?
Could she appoint Todd?
etc....

Old 11-05-2008, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Stevens has been convicted of 7 felonies. Do Alaskans believe he will be allowed to take his seat in the Senate?
Like many of those in Congress of late, he will run his appeals, when they fail (if they do), he will either resign or be kicked out of the Senate and the Govenor will appoint a new Senator, either temporly or special electiona after 90 days or so for the balance of his term. Either way, whomever is there, retains his Seniority until his elected term ends. Which is good for Alaska.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
May be true, but guns are not going to go away...and kids learning gay lifestyles in elementary is a fact of life at this point, just like alcohol, drugs...If you turn on the TV - the gay lifestyle is all over...I have an 11-year granddaughter I am raising and we have addressed the issues as minimally as necessary for that age..and she accepted the answers and no big deal. Every era has had the "un-talked abouts" and this one is no different now, has been emerging rather voraciously...what really scares me is when they turn on the cartoons and the violence that is there...that is scarier in my mind...
Guns went away in Canada one step at a time, same in almost all countries, they will here in time too. Sadly in most big cities, they have made owning a gun almost a crime, it is if it isn't registered. The guys the do the crimes never have a registered gun in the first place, but the anti gun crowd doesn't care about the obvious. The cities with the worst gun crimes, have the toughest anti-gun laws... With a full Democratic lineup in all three divisions, don't bode well for personal freedoms, only time will tell... really hope I am wrong for my kids future.

Kids in elementary don't need to learn "Any" sex education at all, maybe when they hit Jr. High in Gym Class, but the stuff that they are learning now is for future recruitment, not informational reasons, which makes it garbage.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:31 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,270,159 times
Default Sarah Palin unaware that Africa a continent!

And lacked basic civics knowledge. Boy o boy, this just keeps getting better. Check out this video from - hold your breath - the Fox News Channel -

Palin Didn't Know Africa Is A Continent, Says Fox News Reporter (VIDEO)

Old 11-05-2008, 10:36 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,270,159 times
Reports out today (on Fox News, no less!) reveal just how America got saved by the skin of its teeth. Sarah Palin didn't even know Africa is a continent. She thought South Africa was a southern part of Africa (which in her whatever-it-is-that-goes-for-her-mind was a country). She had no idea about the constituent countries of NAFTA. But no doubt she knew her material at Neiman Marcus and she knew how to freeload bigtime. This is the doofus that McCain placed within a hair's breadth of leading out country.

For the Fox video, see -

Old 11-05-2008, 10:37 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,855,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Guns went away in Canada one step at a time, same in almost all countries, they will here in time too. Sadly in most big cities, they have made owning a gun almost a crime, it is if it isn't registered. The guys the do the crimes never have a registered gun in the first place, but the anti gun crowd doesn't care about the obvious. The cities with the worst gun crimes, have the toughest anti-gun laws... With a full Democratic lineup in all three divisions, don't bode well for personal freedoms, only time will tell... really hope I am wrong for my kids future.

Kids in elementary don't need to learn "Any" sex education at all, maybe when they hit Jr. High in Gym Class, but the stuff that they are learning now is for future recruitment, not informational reasons, which makes it garbage.

I don't think too much is going to happen in four years, time to get acclimated, then the stalemate with the power mongers in the house and senate...and even if democratic majority - are not going to do anything to radical as they have their own agenda too....

With the kids - I wish was Jr High, but that is back to my days...with what they are exposed to now via the media, computers, etc..., if they are informed will make better choices and not so prone to experiment, especially if they have a question they feel comfortable asking. My big question of the week was something in an Ace Ventura Pet Detective movie...what is a virgin...that was a fun one...but it wasn't so bad, she was satisfied with what she got.. Another thing with Jr High being too late, not so sure about boys right now, my oldest is 26, but the girls are going into puberty way earlier than in my day, so they also have hormones running sooner that they have no clue what to do with, if they don't feel somewhat comfortable before that time...

Old 11-05-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Reports out today (on Fox News, no less!) reveal just how America got saved by the skin of its teeth. Sarah Palin didn't even know Africa is a continent. She thought South Africa was a southern part of Africa (which in her whatever-it-is-that-goes-for-her-mind was a country). She had no idea about the constituent countries of NAFTA. But no doubt she knew her material at Neiman Marcus and she knew how to freeload bigtime. This is the doofus that McCain placed within a hair's breadth of leading out country.

For the Fox video, see -

Really Ice, what is the point now...you came here in September with photography and travel questions that were really good, now you stoop to rolling in this, what is the point...or was this the point all along...maybe she can donate the material to you??? sounds like a little jealous to me, does the political board not have someplace to put this? Thin ice maybe...it's getting old.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:51 PM

Yup, no trees...on thin ice...in Californland...doesn't get you very far does it...pretty pathetic, and true colors show with time...which yours did, artic was right - you are a troll...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska