Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 08:11 PM

1,331 posts, read 3,000,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Uh oh. Someone took the troll posts away and Satch and Starlite are going to think I was talking to them.
Nah Met, I know better than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 08:12 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,836,062 times
Nah Met...you made the clarification comment!

Old 10-12-2008, 08:13 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
well, I edited my posts just in case.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:16 PM

414 posts, read 1,505,803 times
Wow, we're going to nit pick grammar. Nice pattern interupt. She really has a lot to offer the American people in such difficult times. maybe her vast relations with Russia will give her the inside track she needs to help Mc Cain and the rest of the neo-cons start WW3. She hasn't even made it to Nov.2nd without being brought up on ethics charges. Quite like GWBush with breasts.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:17 PM

2 posts, read 3,602 times
Capt. Crunch,
I agree with you. It was wrong for the Palin clan to go headhunting after the trooper and the state director. It sounds like she is vindictive and mean and it's a scary thought to have her second in command. She worrys me.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:18 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
Quote:
Wow, we're going to nit pick grammar. Nice pattern interupt. She really has a lot to offer the American people in such difficult times. maybe her vast relations with Russia will give her the inside track she needs to help Mc Cain and the rest of the neo-cons start WW3. She hasn't even made it to Nov.2nd without being brought up on ethics charges. Quite like GWBush with breasts.
Not everyone voted for her, suicide. I personally don't care what you think of her; your opinion is probably similar to mine. But don't come here putting down the people of Alaska and expect a very warm reception.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:19 PM

1,331 posts, read 3,000,694 times
Ah, I see the clueless lower-48ers are starting another invasion. It's amazing that so many people feel it necessary to comment upon something they know so little about. Begone trolls!!!!!!

Old 10-12-2008, 08:33 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Oh no, righties don't name call. Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black

You were trying to insnuate things about Obama. Don't flip-flop all of a sudden. I did speak of Palin. I compared and contrasted her with her competition. She has been found in "violation" of ethics laws. Show me where Obama has been found guilty of or in violation of anything. I'll wait....... Accept it, she's crap. Sorry I'm not a gentile liberal but hay, it is what is.

The report found that she violated the Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act by knowingly allowing her husband Todd to use state resources to try to get Wooten fired.

The ethics report found that Gov. Palin “permitted Todd Palin to use the governor’s office and the resources of the governor’s office, including access to state employees, to continue to contact subordinate state employees in an effort to find some way to get Trooper Wooten fired.”

The report also found that Palin “knowingly permitted a situation to continue where impermissible pressure was placed on several subordinates in order to advance a personal agenda.”

That's the Sarah you defend and want to be next in line for the most powerful job in the world "maybe".

Next time I hear a liberal spout off about doing something to rein in bad cops, I'll just tell them to take it through the correct channels so their won't be any conflict of interest.

As far as Obama goes, the world is full of mobsters with no criminal history. Do you know how to find them? It's easy, just look who is hangin' around with the slimiest of the slimy.

As for the rev wrong issue, how does someone as brilliant as Obama's supporters claim he is sit in a church for 20 yrs and never notice the pastor, and the congregation for that matter, are racist venting hate speech? Short answer is, he doesn't.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:58 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,326,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Next time I hear a liberal spout off about doing something to rein in bad cops, I'll just tell them to take it through the correct channels so their won't be any conflict of interest.

As far as Obama goes, the world is full of mobsters with no criminal history. Do you know how to find them? It's easy, just look who is hangin' around with the slimiest of the slimy.

As for the rev wrong issue, how does someone as brilliant as Obama's supporters claim he is sit in a church for 20 yrs and never notice the pastor, and the congregation for that matter, are racist venting hate speech? Short answer is, he doesn't.
I get really PO'd about that Rev's speech. The version that hit the news was an edited-for-YouTube thing, and it literally cut him off in mid-sentece. Only ONE of all the newscasters actually played the entire un-edited segment. None of the big names bothered to do any checking or research, it was sooo much more newsworthy the way it was. And once the entire thing did come out, I never heard a single one apologize for jumping the gun and misinterpreting the innaccurate blip they got. It's also kind of hard for me to think of him - the Rev, I mean - as an unAmerican racist, since he is also a decorated Marine.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:26 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
I get really PO'd about that Rev's speech. The version that hit the news was an edited-for-YouTube thing, and it literally cut him off in mid-sentece. Only ONE of all the newscasters actually played the entire un-edited segment. None of the big names bothered to do any checking or research, it was sooo much more newsworthy the way it was. And once the entire thing did come out, I never heard a single one apologize for jumping the gun and misinterpreting the innaccurate blip they got. It's also kind of hard for me to think of him - the Rev, I mean - as an unAmerican racist, since he is also a decorated Marine.
oh, come on, you know everything is edited. His speeches were not as edited as Sahar's interview with Kitty by any measn. As for being a decorated Marine, you are right, but that doesn't mean he can't be an American racist. (whatever that is?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska