Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 12:31 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,856 times

Advertisements

Is there more than this that makes him a crook?
Begich facing fine for failure to disclose portion of wife’s income | APRN (http://aprn.org/2008/09/15/begich-facing-fine-for-failure-to-disclose-portion-of-wifes-income/ - broken link)

Quote:
The Alaska Public Offices Commission (APOC) is recommending that Anchorage Mayor and U.S. Senate candidate Mark Begich be fined $1,420. Commission staff say Begich failed to disclose $15,000 in income his wife Deborah Bonito received as a shareholder of four different companies. The recommended civil penalty is $10 per day for the 142 days it took Begich to correct his state disclosure forms.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:35 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,563,558 times
You make it too easy to respond to your trivel....

Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
True. George W. Bush has trampled on our rights - the illegal wire-tapping of ordinary citizens
What makes you think you are so important someone would care to listen in on your phone calls. As for the law, congress approved it, that makes it legal.... like it or not, both sides of the isle voted for it.

Quote:
the firing of federal attorneys for political purposes
They work at the Presidents discretion, Clinton fired all of them unlike the few that Bush fired and nobody said a word.

Quote:
the outing of a CIA agent by members of his administration
A. Her husband "Outed her"

B. She wasn't a "Covert" CIA agent in Washington DC, if so whom was she spying on.... you? Had she been overseas where the CIA operates, that may have been a valid issue.

Quote:
- the list can be extended indefinitely. Thank you for reminding this board of Dubya's trampling of our rights.
No, the lies can be told over and over, and you clearly prove that fact....

The President didn't do anything without the Clowns on both sides of the isle in Congress approving them.... Get over it.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:42 PM

1,629 posts, read 5,381,173 times
I'm looking forward to a Democratic president and senator. I have been Republican almost my entire life (excluding Bill Clinton's 2nd term) and I'm sick with this party. Will the Democrats be any better? Who knows, I remember the Clinton years were the most prosperous in my life, so it's worth a shot. I think Bush and the Republicans have set the bar pretty high for failure. 8 years of secrets, lies and no transparency at all. I don't think Begich and Obama can do any worse. I'm hoping they reach that filibuster number...only 2 more. There are many more important issues than the AWB. I think we can all agree though, if this Democrat majority can get us on the right track within 4 years, they deserve a standing ovation because we are falling faster and faster everyday. I'm scared out of my mind from my stock portfoliio.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:47 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,016,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Is there more than this that makes him a crook?
Begich facing fine for failure to disclose portion of wife’s income | APRN (http://aprn.org/2008/09/15/begich-facing-fine-for-failure-to-disclose-portion-of-wifes-income/ - broken link)
City Hall And Parking Lot :: Mark Begich Facts (http://www.markbegichfacts.info/facts/city-hall-and-parking-lot.aspx - broken link)

Area907: Mark Begich and Anchorage Sweetheart Deals

adn.com | Inside Opinion : Unfair to Begich?

Special Favors :: Mark Begich Facts (http://www.markbegichfacts.info/facts/special-favors.aspx - broken link)

Old 11-19-2008, 12:47 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,808,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
But what guarantee do you have that it won't pass? And if it does, who do you have to blame?
Moose....thats a right that even the left won't dare touch

As far as those others....they aren't covered within that right and they simply need correcting, that falls under common sense

Problem is, common sense isn't very common in the right-wing crowd any more and certainly not in the crowd of NRA sheep

Old 11-19-2008, 12:51 PM

Jonotastic....almost the exact words that came from Republican ex-presidential candidate Mike Huckabee yesterday

ya....how can anybody screw things up anymore than Bush did.

Whats damn shame at this point is Obama has to deal with all the crap that Bush leaves behind

Old 11-19-2008, 12:51 PM

959 posts, read 2,360,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotastic View Post
I'm looking forward to a Democratic president and senator. I have been Republican almost my entire life (excluding Bill Clinton's 2nd term) and I'm sick with this party. Will the Democrats be any better? Who knows, I remember the Clinton years were the most prosperous in my life, so it's worth a shot. I think Bush and the Republicans have set the bar pretty high for failure, I don't think Begich and Obama can do any worse. I'm hoping they reach that philbuster number...only 2 more.
Indeed, Bush has been a pretty negative form of Republicanism..he's hurt the party very badly. BUT--as has been said, much of what he did had support from LOTS of hypocrites on the left. They like to play to the side that's winning/popular, and then recant when it suits their political aims. I'd like to someday vote for someone GOOD and not the "lesser of 2 evils"--haven't had that opportunity in my voting career yet, at least for the office of President.

As for the Clinton years, I think most remember them somewhat fondly, but keep in mind that his foreign policy in the Middle East and his economic policies are at least in part to blame for the economic and energy mess we find ourselves in now. He was a very shortsighted President; it felt good at the time but we're paying for it now. And that seemed to be his motto for life, too!

Old 11-19-2008, 12:52 PM

959 posts, read 2,360,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Copy that, mirabile dictu.

May this be a new beginning for Alaska and our country. The triumph of reason over the demons of hate, bigotry and dittoheadism.
Are you friggin' serious?? WOW.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:55 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,016,720 times
Quote:
I'm looking forward to a Democratic president and senator. I have been Republican almost my entire life (excluding Bill Clinton's 2nd term) .
Clinton governed largely as a centrist/conservative.

Quote:
Will the Democrats be any better? Who knows, I remember the Clinton years were the most prosperous in my life, so it's worth a shot..
That's you're idea of sound election decision making? "Who knows? Give it a shot" Scary

What that really illustrates is the shorcomings of a two party system where no REAL choice exists.

Quote:
I don't think Begich and Obama can do any worse.
Sure they can, it's happened many times before.

Rolling the dice and hoping for a better outcome is not a logical way to govern our country or ensure the future of your 401k. People who gamble in the stock market usually end up losing.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Well it's fine if ya like yuppies trying to ruin Alaska.
Thats simply crappolla....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska