Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 04:02 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,097,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere65 View Post
Oh People, Please take a look at what a horrible job Obama is doing. Do you really think the democrats are the same democrats of the 50's, 60's or 70's?! They are NOT and the ones NOW are not even democrats! They are left-wing extremists. Not Good.
He's actually doing an amazing job and I'm not aware of any sane person who would say otherwise. To take this country in the awful condition it was given to him from the prior president and ensure that it doesn't crumble into pieces is a tough act and he's more than capable of doing it. Love live Obama!

Old 07-03-2009, 04:05 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,503,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
He's actually doing an amazing job and I'm not aware of any sane person who would say otherwise. To take this country in the awful condition it was given to him from the prior president and ensure that it doesn't crumble into pieces is a tough act and he's more than capable of doing it. Love live Obama!
Take the obama worship to the politics forum, I'll tear you to pieces there if you wish...

Old 07-03-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Your post shows you have absoloutely no knowledge of what the admisnistration is doing. Ill qualified? By what standard? Because Exxon enterd teh deal? It was inevitable and a necessary part of any deal, instate or otherwise. Lobby influenced - show hard evidence!! I say put up or shut up as you are like all the liberals - condemn using rhetoric instead of facts because there are no facts to substaniate your ramblings..

This is good for us in Alaska - but way too early to celebrate as there are many more difficult discussions to come.
Do you live in Alaska by any chance?

Anyways, a Canadian pipeline isn't really that great for Alaskans. A pipeline in Alaska would be. And exxon treated Alaskans like crap after the spill so who'd want them involved...

Old 07-03-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
I'm not in Alaska, so I don't know.
Somehow I figured that was the case...

Old 07-03-2009, 04:10 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,097,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Take the obama worship to the politics forum, I'll tear you to pieces there if you wish...
The only way you'll tear me to pieces is if reality somehow magically matched your delusional perception.

Old 07-03-2009, 04:11 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,449,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Horizon View Post
She is incoherent at the best and seems to babble on about anything that comes into her head .. much like a 4 year old.
A little like watching Gov. Sanford, eh?

IF (and I hope it's not true) she quit to focus on a 2012 bid for the Presidency, I think any Republican also trying for the nomination would quickly point to this act as just one in a string of inexplicable bad moves for someone with national political ambitions.

Now, in her speech she said:
"People who know me know that besides faith and family, nothing's more important to me than our beloved Alaska," Palin said.
So, either something with faith or family forced this decision, or Palin herself is saying that the best thing for Alaska is for her to quit.

There's also a report from Andrea Mitchell at NBC that Palin has told close friends that she's out of politics, period. And frankly, whether she wants to be out or not, this announcement today may just prove to be political suicide for Palin. If so, I'm fine with that. The Republicans can do much better than Palin ... at least nationally.

Old 07-03-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
The only way you'll tear me to pieces is if reality somehow magically matched your delusional perception.
LOL Then start a thread there. I'm not in a dream world so I can see the hard, painful reality of what's going on in this country.

Old 07-03-2009, 04:12 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
Another thread that I can see the end of from here.

Why don't we try to not let that happen this time? This is an interesting and relevant discussion and obviously one people want to have.

Old 07-03-2009, 04:14 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,438,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Oh no. What will Met and I do now?
Well you can always stalk the California forum and blast good ole Arnie boy who bankrupted the State of Californication.

Old 07-03-2009, 04:15 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,270,159 times
Palin out of politics for good? That's what NBC is reporting friends close to her are saying. Oh no. Please, someone wake me up from this nightmare. Can I fly to Wasilla now and change her mind (or whatever it is that goes for it)? Please tell me I can, sugar tushes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska