Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 06:30 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,848,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Lyoness, any updates on this yet?
Hah!!! I was just thinking the same thing!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 12:59 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,364,392 times
Oi - "alaska o'clock" strikes again. Let's see, it's moose season.......the state fair is going on........any last silvers in the rivers?.........Could be a while depending on where the approval-granting-superiors spend their time.

When we were initially doing our job search last year, one offer in Juneau took a few days to get back to me. He apologized then explained why he didn't get back to me - - - - - "It was sunny out."

Just some good natured ribbing, Lyoness!

Old 09-04-2009, 09:14 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,943,662 times
Just got my puter up and somewhat running again (my son's a wiz) caught a cold, acutally I'm sure it was the "Swine Flu" as whoever sent it to me is a PIG! Any way...nothing firm again this week I'm trying not to get discouraged/aggrivated/depressed, but this is really starting to wear on me. The manager said we are just waiting on the regional manager's offical stamp of approval (which is the same thing she has told me for over 2 weeks now), she said it is just a formality, she was given approval to hire back in July, now just needs the OK to discuss the terms. Since she/he was on vacation for 2 weeks it is in the pipeline, just have to wait for her/him to get to it. She's always very positive and reassuring, and I know in the big corporate scheme of things I'm not a priority, but this is dragging out uncomfortably long. Sorry, just feeling a little indigo lately, really wanted to be up there and settled in before I had to jump right into winter. This has been a truely crappy year, everytime I think the sun is gonna shine a little the clouds move back in. I've talked to several managers/former bosses and they said this is nothing unusual at all, not to read too much into the delay, so I'm trying to stay positive too .

Old 09-04-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyoness View Post
Just got my puter up and somewhat running again (my son's a wiz) caught a cold, acutally I'm sure it was the "Swine Flu" as whoever sent it to me is a PIG! Any way...nothing firm again this week I'm trying not to get discouraged/aggrivated/depressed, but this is really starting to wear on me. The manager said we are just waiting on the regional manager's offical stamp of approval (which is the same thing she has told me for over 2 weeks now), she said it is just a formality, she was given approval to hire back in July, now just needs the OK to discuss the terms. Since she/he was on vacation for 2 weeks it is in the pipeline, just have to wait for her/him to get to it. She's always very positive and reassuring, and I know in the big corporate scheme of things I'm not a priority, but this is dragging out uncomfortably long. Sorry, just feeling a little indigo lately, really wanted to be up there and settled in before I had to jump right into winter. This has been a truely crappy year, everytime I think the sun is gonna shine a little the clouds move back in. I've talked to several managers/former bosses and they said this is nothing unusual at all, not to read too much into the delay, so I'm trying to stay positive too .
Your computer had cold/swine or you...regardless sorry about that

Hope this all comes together for you soon...I despise waiting too...

Old 10-08-2009, 06:49 PM

Final update: The offer came it last week, it was great, I accepted. Start date agreed upon was the end of this month. I am already 3/4 packed and had convinced my oldest son to use some vacation time to drive with me (he already has his passport) and I'd fly him back. Picked out a few apartments to look at once I get there. Took my puppers to the vet for his cert (only bringing the one that would be devistated if I left him, my little velco puppy. The plan was to leave next Wednesday...you notice I said was. Today I get a call that they want to postphone the start date to the end of December, they can't officially get rid of the person they had actually hired during the time I was told the position would be mine and was given the run around about management approval....WTF!!!!!! I was lied to since August...of course I told them to shove the offer, and have officially decided I can't take anymore this year and am allowing myself to sink into a black hole for a while. Story of my life.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:56 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,734,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyoness View Post
Final update: The offer came it last week, it was great, I accepted. Start date agreed upon was the end of this month. I am already 3/4 packed and had convinced my oldest son to use some vacation time to drive with me (he already has his passport) and I'd fly him back. Picked out a few apartments to look at once I get there. Took my puppers to the vet for his cert (only bringing the one that would be devistated if I left him, my little velco puppy. The plan was to leave next Wednesday...you notice I said was. Today I get a call that they want to postphone the start date to the end of December, they can't officially get rid of the person they had actually hired during the time I was told the position would be mine and was given the run around about management approval....WTF!!!!!! I was lied to since August...of course I told them to shove the offer, and have officially decided I can't take anymore this year and am allowing myself to sink into a black hole for a while. Story of my life.
Hang in there!!! we have had so many plans yanked out from under us at the last minute it isn't funny....delaying us for yet another year...but..I do believe it happens for a reason...long story...we have had to move to another state in a matter of 3 weeks just for hubby to go to school...things are finally gelling for us but it is still a long haul for our plans to be in Alaska...it will happen just not when we want!!! It will happen for you...keep the faith!

Old 10-08-2009, 07:07 PM

I have no faith left. The job was in my hand, my dream was finally coming true. But how can you work for someone who has bold face lied to you, and then wants to change the terms of an offer once you have accepted. Would I get up there in Dec and find out they need to change the salary too? What if i would have already been on the road up (5 more days and I would have been!) I have never been so furious at being deceived. Then she has the gall to send me a letter of apology about how badly it was all handled on their part from the beginning. Everytime I get close karma pulls the rug, but never have I held it in my hand like now. When I stop cryin I'll probably find a reason to laugh about all this.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:21 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,951,581 times
Everything will work out lyoness... Just not in the time frame that we have in mind.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:22 PM

Girl....so sorry this had to happen again I could not help this but as you are so upset...I thought it was fitting ()...your words....and hope you are better soon!

"Approach life's situations like a dog...If you can't eat it or chew on it, p*** on it and walk away. "

Old 10-08-2009, 07:46 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,123,667 times
Come on up and find a temp job until this comes along! The roads are still good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska