Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 08:09 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,433,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyoness View Post
Final update: The offer came it last week, it was great, I accepted. Start date agreed upon was the end of this month. I am already 3/4 packed and had convinced my oldest son to use some vacation time to drive with me (he already has his passport) and I'd fly him back. Picked out a few apartments to look at once I get there. Took my puppers to the vet for his cert (only bringing the one that would be devistated if I left him, my little velco puppy. The plan was to leave next Wednesday...you notice I said was. Today I get a call that they want to postphone the start date to the end of December, they can't officially get rid of the person they had actually hired during the time I was told the position would be mine and was given the run around about management approval....WTF!!!!!! I was lied to since August...of course I told them to shove the offer, and have officially decided I can't take anymore this year and am allowing myself to sink into a black hole for a while. Story of my life.
Damn those people! That was a dirty trick they pulled. They lied and had your hopes up; employers...can't wait until the economy turns around and they have to beg for people (if that ever happens). Sorry to hear this Lyoness but at least you found out before making the move; these people are not to be trusted. I'm glad you told them to shove it! Please no sinking into black holes; something "will" turn up for you when the time is right. And believe me, I know how hard it is waiting for that time. Hugz to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 06:05 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,364,392 times
dam-n Lyoness...........I am so sorry. What a raw deal, but totally see your position. At some point, you just need to stop being jerked around. You'll always be one of us from afar
Dawn

Old 10-09-2009, 09:01 AM

164 posts, read 328,678 times
I am really sorry to hear all this Lyoness. I feel for you. I am going on a little vacation there in December if ya wanna go.. we can drowned our sorrows together...lol...

Old 10-09-2009, 01:49 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,020,530 times
Quote:
Final update: The offer came it last week, it was great, I accepted. Start date agreed upon was the end of this month. I am already 3/4 packed and had convinced my oldest son to use some vacation time to drive with me (he already has his passport) and I'd fly him back. Picked out a few apartments to look at once I get there. Took my puppers to the vet for his cert (only bringing the one that would be devistated if I left him, my little velco puppy. The plan was to leave next Wednesday...you notice I said was. Today I get a call that they want to postphone the start date to the end of December, they can't officially get rid of the person they had actually hired during the time I was told the position would be mine and was given the run around about management approval....WTF!!!!!! I was lied to since August...of course I told them to shove the offer, and have officially decided I can't take anymore this year and am allowing myself to sink into a black hole for a while. Story of my life.
Damn, that sucks. I can understand how you must feel. Same thing happen recently to someone I know. She got a new position supporting the much hyped AGIA project, had all of the paperwok and approvals ready to go, and the whole thing fell through at the last minute when it turned out that AGIA is basically a giant hoax.

Just hang in there. Things are really goofy up here right now, but they should improve eventually.

Old 10-09-2009, 02:42 PM

693 posts, read 1,606,326 times
Lyoness, totally bummed for you.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:11 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,943,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
..I do believe it happens for a reason...
I'm not much of a religous person per say..but the lord works in mysterious ways......by rights I would have been on the road to Anchorage yesterday if my plans were followed....but If so I would no longer have my precious daughter.....no one else would have heard her cry for help.....'nuff said about my personal life..........

Old 10-15-2009, 08:26 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,848,232 times
Quote:
I'm not much of a religous person per say..but the lord works in mysterious ways......by rights I would have been on the road to Anchorage yesterday if my plans were followed....but If so I would no longer have my precious daughter.....no one else would have heard her cry for help.....'nuff said about my personal life..........
OMG woman...what next for you...you are one strong cookie, good stock for Alaska...DM if you need to vent please..

Old 10-15-2009, 08:29 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,364,392 times
Oh Lyoness.....I am sorry to hear your family stresses right now, but you are so right.........you are where you needed to be.
Big Hugs to you and yours!!!!

Old 10-15-2009, 08:38 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,943,662 times
I found out I have a much stronger stomach than I ever thought, that it is physically possible to stay awake for 30 hours straight, and god bless the RNs, who have to do some of the most horrible things I have ever witnessed. And that my CRV can do over 100mph down the freeway with ease! LOL. Now I'm gong to pass out for about, oh, 2 days or so. Just had to vent a little so I could sleep.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:00 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,433,506 times
Quote:
I found out I have a much stronger stomach than I ever thought, that it is physically possible to stay awake for 30 hours straight, and god bless the RNs, who have to do some of the most horrible things I have ever witnessed. And that my CRV can do over 100mph down the freeway with ease! LOL. Now I'm gong to pass out for about, oh, 2 days or so. Just had to vent a little so I could sleep.

Lyoness you get some rest and you know if you want to vent, send a DM anytime. Take care and yes, God does work in mysterious ways sometimes. You were meant to be there at this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska