Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 12:27 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,955,935 times

Advertisements

If y'all have lights, trees and decorations up I'd like to see them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 03:04 PM

310 posts, read 777,860 times
I can't take it any more. It's a Christmas tree. As far as I know there are no other holidays where you decorate a tree. I know we are supposed to be pc and all but this is too much.

I have known a lot of Jewish people over the years and not 1 of them had a Hanukkah or Chanikkah tree. OK so one did but she was always a little confused anyway.

I know a few people that celibrate Kwanzaa, the holiday of lights, they cheat and use Christmas lights but that's ok. I've never been to KMART and seen Kwanzaa lights. They always had a Christmas tree too.

So unless anyone can enlighten me, which wouldn't take too much, can we just call it what it is.

Oh, please don't tell me about the "Holiday Bunny" hiding the "Decorative Eggs" or the Tooth Homosexual.

Sort of sorry about the rant. No need to push me off my box, I'm stepping down now.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:06 PM

Winter Solstice...

Old 12-10-2009, 03:12 PM

310 posts, read 777,860 times
OK, so I looked it up... Told you it wouldn't take much.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:50 PM

2,519 posts, read 7,033,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
If y'all have lights, trees and decorations up I'd like to see them.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:54 PM

1,435 posts, read 2,779,363 times
I always had a real tree, balsam fir as they smell divine and are not artificially painted green, but this year, when I came back from the lake- there was an artificial small tree already set up by my daughter. Oh, well. I'll just get some greens for the smell. But I'll take picture of it too, just for you

Old 12-10-2009, 04:01 PM

1,435 posts, read 2,779,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltdontcare View Post
I can't take it any more. It's a Christmas tree. As far as I know there are no other holidays where you decorate a tree. I know we are supposed to be pc and all but this is too much.

I have known a lot of Jewish people over the years and not 1 of them had a Hanukkah or Chanikkah tree. OK so one did but she was always a little confused anyway.

I know a few people that celibrate Kwanzaa, the holiday of lights, they cheat and use Christmas lights but that's ok. I've never been to KMART and seen Kwanzaa lights. They always had a Christmas tree too.

So unless anyone can enlighten me, which wouldn't take too much, can we just call it what it is.

Oh, please don't tell me about the "Holiday Bunny" hiding the "Decorative Eggs" or the Tooth Homosexual.

Sort of sorry about the rant. No need to push me off my box, I'm stepping down now.
You forgot Diwali- Indians decorate with lights for this. Trees and bushes, houses and inside too. I suppose Jewish people have somewhat hard time explaining to kids why their houses and trees are not lit up with all the pretty lights, but we can't help that, can we.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPF View Post
I always had a real tree, balsam fir as they smell divine and are not artificially painted green, but this year, when I came back from the lake- there was an artificial small tree already set up by my daughter. Oh, well. I'll just get some greens for the smell. But I'll take picture of it too, just for you
Thanks John & Happy Birthday!

Old 12-10-2009, 11:35 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
This is a very simple photo I just took a couple of minutes ago. Thanksgiving and Christmas are my wife's favorite holidays, and for me too. The tree is around 6' high, which is perfect for an 8-foot ceiling as you can see in the photo. Some of the decorations are very old, passed down to my wife from her family. All I do is to bring the box with the tree and another with the decorations to the living room , and she takes care of everything. Since I like how she decorates things around the house, I just thank her for being so nice

By the way, the fire logs aren't Christmas decorations

Old 12-11-2009, 12:12 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
To heck with the tree. Thats one fine looking woodstove!

I'll be tree hunting come Saturday. I'll be here all alone...but I still want a tree. And I'll be stringing some lights on the house this weekend also. So give me a couple days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska