Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 07:31 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,732,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
BF...I didn't even notice, but good you didn't claim to be yours...and I was referring to another poster whom I am not friends with, but photos tend to be open domain on FB if not held private with security settings...
oh that I did was private security settings but got concerned that FB itself could take them an use them so I plastered in memo of each photo it was not mine. Gave credit to who took it if I remembered!!! anyway...long gone now!! but friends still ask for more!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 07:42 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,701,628 times
Blue, I wouldn't worry about it; I think you just wanted to share the pictures. I think most of the photographers here would be glad to let you use them but you should ask them first.

I swipe Warpt's for my desktop all the time...

I think it's pretty cool how those of us on CD who are also "Facebook" friends seem to have enough understanding of basic social graces that we don't go dragging stuff from there over to here and vice versa

Old 01-11-2010, 07:48 PM

1,272 posts, read 2,372,485 times
Marty the video was great. My god that's windy on the roads.
LOL made so many of the places people post about real.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:54 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,846,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
oh that I did was private security settings but got concerned that FB itself could take them an use them so I plastered in memo of each photo it was not mine. Gave credit to who took it if I remembered!!! anyway...long gone now!! but friends still ask for more!!
LOL...I don't remember what the deal is with them like clicking something saying they're your pics like myspace, but I have heard facebook can pretty much do what they want them once uploaded, so I just don't put so many on there anymore...I know I did post one of the granddaughters this past summer on the way here and my DIL was able to take it off facebook so she had it too....I just believe in keeping shared info where it belongs, especially when we get some strange things going on here like lately.

Nice video Marty...you have to take the good with the bad for sure and it sounded almost like a tornado taking over your audio at times with the howling

Old 01-11-2010, 07:59 PM

457 posts, read 1,016,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Van Diest View Post
Here is a video of what it is really like right now. It's a howling wind out there.

I took this video yesterday to give people a realistic idea of what a windstorm is like in the Wasilla/Palmer area.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNCjsMaeX94
One must hand it to Marty in going the effort to see the real deal there,
Standout Marty -- Give me some REO's asap .
Honor and respect is the real deal-- want to live the Dream in Alaska? well fine and dandy -- better be real or get toasted and done quicker than a heartbeat.

Ya know mental health has some properties and those sales at DNR are good choices. -- they finance and - - THE ATTITUDE IS WE BELIEVE IN YOU-. Heck any dodo like US can finance with it!.

From anywhere in the lower 48 (whereyou live desperate for SANITY), you can hop on a Greyhound 80$ anywhere in the lower 48 to Seattle, then from there jump on a Seattle/ Anchorage for 220 duck$ max .. ONE WAY- SEE YA LOSERS Im done with your B.S. . Buy the 800$ car there and do the Pizza gig-- if ya dont get an outfitter job. The Unions have the training and will give a newcomer the skills to stick.
Its all a choice. So, so what , ya get screwed over cause you werent really into it and suffer by depression/ and or are a person that didnt foot the bill. SO BIG DEAL.

So many people from all over the world look at city data for clues to be a better person--- its about time to believe in all of US.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:08 PM

2,519 posts, read 7,031,543 times
Hah...I'll let you in on a secret. I lost my glasses in that escapade. Those of you familiar with the area know the absolute windiest part of the valley is a lookout point off the Glenn Highway about 2 miles east of Palmer. I went out on that point to take a 360 video...which is not included in the video by the way...and got sandblasted. When I turned around with my back to the wind my glasses blew off and wind skittering away. I didn't even try to run after them.

I was planning to get a new pair anyway so no worries...but that spot was borderline dangerous.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmountain View Post
One must hand it to Marty in going the effort to see the real deal there,
Standout Marty -- Give me some REO's asap .
Honor and respect is the real deal-- want to live the Dream in Alaska? well fine and dandy -- better be real or get toasted and done quicker than a heartbeat.

Ya know mental health has some properties and those sales at DNR are good choices. -- they finance and - - THE ATTITUDE IS WE BELIEVE IN YOU-. Heck any dodo like US can finance with it!.

From anywhere in the lower 48 (whereyou live desperate for SANITY), you can hop on a Greyhound 80$ anywhere in the lower 48 to Seattle, then from there jump on a Seattle/ Anchorage for 220 duck$ max .. ONE WAY- SEE YA LOSERS Im done with your B.S. . Buy the 800$ car there and do the Pizza gig-- if ya dont get an outfitter job. The Unions have the training and will give a newcomer the skills to stick.
Its all a choice. So, so what , ya get screwed over cause you werent really into it and suffer by depression/ and or are a person that didnt foot the bill. SO BIG DEAL.

So many people from all over the world look at city data for clues to be a better person--- its about time to believe in all of US.
And if not in the union you pay, and for any training you pay or if you have an employer they might pay, but there are 'ducks $$$' involved other than what you mention. In just buying the 800$ duck car you must get an AK DL, register it in AK, get insurance from AK and if in Anchor town you might need an emissions test? Then you need decent tires, which it probably won't have, a battery, etc. So what pizza palaces are hiring, with 70$ ducks a night tips (before or after gas and how many miles), maybe you should share with your followers so they can share the wealth...for what...about 400$ a week, then rent, utilities, groceries, insurance, car repairs...yup hop the ferry and come on up

Old 01-11-2010, 08:11 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,701,628 times
Pizza delivery guys are unionized now?

Granny, I see you're using the code$ yourself now; have they gotten you too?

Old 01-11-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Pizza delivery guys are unionized now?

Granny, I see you're using the code$ yourself now; have they gotten you too?
No, I forgot I am being good, but couldn't resist the ducks and $$$ back-arsewards...After doing bookkeeping for 30+ too many years, that makes me go , especially when the numbers don't add up no matter which way you look at them... McDonald's might be a better income or at least the same without the cost of driving your own vehicle all night and/or day...

Old 01-11-2010, 08:59 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,882,564 times
You can't even buy snack food for a few days for less than $100 at some stores so to survive on a pizza delivery job, expect to eat a lot of rejected pizza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska