Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 07:55 PM

14 posts, read 29,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jachee View Post

I especially like the photos. It's actually tough to find day-to-day photos from around Juneau that aren't pared down to the pristine sunny-day ones. I like that yours are more true-to-life.

--Jake
I forgot to mention this. I feel the EXACT same way. JB takes pics in the sun, rain, fog or wind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 12:12 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,072,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedome View Post
Well I've commented on your blog a few times! My real name is Domenic, hence TheDome(nic) I love reading your blog, it helps me envision what my experience will be like once I get there. I think you're doing a great job, especially with balancing your personal story as well as the experience of being in Juneau.
YOU'RE DOMENIC? I was wondering who that was.

Thanks to everyone who reads my rambling threads. I appreciate you taking the time, and I am really enjoying posting pictures on this blog-thing. And writing helps me decompress and make sense of what's going on during this move. A lot of changes going on right now.

Old 02-13-2010, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jachee View Post
Long time lurker, (six or eight months or so), first time poster. Just wanted to let you know that I really am enjoying your blog, and I'm about to follow in your footsteps, nearly 2 months behind. I'm flying out from Jackson, MS to Juneau on March 10th. It's like a Deep South invasion!

I start my job on the Ides of March, and am super-stoked. My sister's already there in Juneau, so i've had a lot of one-on-one help, but reading your blog, i find echoes of exactly what I'm experiencing.

I especially like the photos. It's actually tough to find day-to-day photos from around Juneau that aren't pared down to the pristine sunny-day ones. I like that yours are more true-to-life.

Keep up the good work, and I'll go back to absorbing info.

--Jake
Hey Jake - good luck with your move.

Old 02-13-2010, 12:31 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,365,316 times
Hey Juneau - look how your blog has helped others and you didn't even know it .........You could have yourselves a City Data- Juneau BBQ by this summer

Old 02-17-2010, 09:15 PM

3 posts, read 3,286 times
Juneaubound- Your blog is amazing! My husband is USCG and we are moving to Juneau in May 2010. I got the chills and so much excitement came over me looking at your photos. We love to hike and love the great outdoors. I can't even imagine how it will feel to see it with my own eyes for the first time!

Old 02-17-2010, 09:17 PM

3 posts, read 3,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akvarmit View Post
Hey Juneau - look how your blog has helped others and you didn't even know it .........You could have yourselves a City Data- Juneau BBQ by this summer

Great idea! I hope I make friends quickly once we get there!

Old 02-17-2010, 10:02 PM

That bar-b-que idea has definate possibilities.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:25 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,804,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
That bar-b-que idea has definate possibilities.
I'll throw in for it.....

Old 02-17-2010, 10:43 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,855,137 times
New area CD tradition...post pics

Old 02-17-2010, 10:55 PM

Why not? Sounds like a good idea to me. We could shoot for end of May or so?? I'll post a separate thread in April and see if people want to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska