Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 08:45 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,072,162 times

Advertisements

So..........

After being here a month, finally finding a place to live (with luck - seeing it tomorrow but it looks very good) that meets our criteria (away from town, no neighbors close by, rustic, affordable, close to water and trails) - my SO does not want to move to Alaska.

I feel like swearing. Crying. Drinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 08:48 PM

31 posts, read 55,778 times
I'll be your SO

I'm sorry to hear that... I hope it turns out the way you want it!

Old 02-06-2010, 08:52 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
Oh that is just awful. So many of your questions before coming up had to do with him and things for him to do etc. What is his reasoning for this?

Old 02-06-2010, 08:58 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,572,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
So..........

After being here a month, finally finding a place to live (with luck - seeing it tomorrow but it looks very good) that meets our criteria (away from town, no neighbors close by, rustic, affordable, close to water and trails) - my SO does not want to move to Alaska.

Well by golly, you are in one of the best places to find a replacement!

The odds are good, but the goods may be a bit odd...

Hope all works out for you! Would suck starting out on an adventure and finding the "Crew" abandon ship at the dock...

Old 02-06-2010, 09:01 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,855,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
So..........

I would do all 3 and probably a few more...You switched jobs for this to be a joint venture, what the hey is wrong with him now that you may have a place lined up....buttoning my lips now

Old 02-06-2010, 09:03 PM

879 posts, read 1,732,199 times
Wow. I wasn't really familiar with your story, but read a few of your posts and it seems to be a plan you both were a part of. I'd ditch him. That's really crappy, and unforgivable. I know if a gal did that to me, it'd be over immediately.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:16 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,855,137 times
Maybe he's having a male PMS-type thing? Try to stay calm and talk to him in a day or two, or three? Kind of depends on what you want, and he has heard you talk about the mental unrest, maybe he is trying to 'help' you make a decision? Just another thought..., but hoping for what you really want

Old 02-06-2010, 09:18 PM

89 posts, read 168,021 times
So sorry to hear he's let you down. Maybe he just has cold feet and will change his mind? You must feel so alone right now. What is his reason?

Old 02-06-2010, 09:26 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,183,899 times
Bummmer and not the Montana kind. Sorry...

Reason again?? This (sounds horrible at this moment though) at least he is being honest and your not going to get into anything requireing him for help, right? sigh that sucks.

I really hope it all works for the best for both of you moving together where you want and he also! Be careful how you tread water now. Good luck! Cheers to you and positive energy it will work out for you best!!!

Old 02-06-2010, 09:28 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,438,364 times
I really think if he would have taken a few days up here he might have felt better about it but since he didn't want to do it, I think he just has cold feet. It is a big move and a big change. So what do you think you will do after you cuss and have a drink? Sorry to hear this.

Let me add this: I am thinking that all along he was hoping you wouldn't like it and would change your mind and then when he found out you were checking out a house he realized you were serious and then had to tell you how he felt.

How do you feel about your job, living in Juneau, etc. Is it what you truly want? How would you feel returning to TN.? And most important is how much you love you're SO.

Last edited by Alaskapat528; 02-06-2010 at 09:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska