Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 01:00 PM

941 posts, read 1,793,109 times

Advertisements

Moose you and Ray have exhausted your arguments by repeatedly trying to insert the same dubious facts into the mix. The fact is the last Campaign was over health care and both candidates were for reform. Well the People spoke loud and clear and elected a President and both Houses of Congress and handed down a Mandate for the side the electorate believed to do something. The result is now a foregone conclusion and your pathetic predictions of what is to come are based on OPINION and as you know everyone can have one as opposed to what everyone does have. The DJIA is a predictor of what the population of investors thinks the future holds for us and during the entire debate (Sometimes contentious and nasty) the DJIA rose and now is moving sideways rather than falling off a Cliff. That says the real prognosticators are making their bet on a good future rather than the doom and gloom both of you are salivating about on this forum. Well I thank God you are on the short end of the stick because I'm making my bet on the future as predicted by an average which isn't a poll designed by someone who had coin in the outcome but by an average which shows those in the know have confidence in the future of this great country. Neither of you can assess the fact your side lost and all the whining now is just sour losers making an inordinate amount of noise. However your noise isn't going to change one thing in the future because all the forces are arrayed against your viewpoints. Nuff said it's all been said and you're still on the losing side of the issue. With that I hope this thread can be closed and lets go to something interesting like fixing the housing situation so we can plan for the brighter future we have earned.

Last edited by richelles; 03-26-2010 at 01:22 PM..

Old 03-26-2010, 01:46 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,024,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richelles View Post
Moose you and Ray have exhausted your arguments by repeatedly trying to insert the same dubious facts into the mix. The fact is the last Campaign was over health care and both candidates were for reform. Well the People spoke loud and clear and elected a President and both Houses of Congress and handed down a Mandate for the side the electorate believed to do something. The result is now a foregone conclusion and your pathetic predictions of what is to come are based on OPINION and as you know everyone can have one as opposed to what everyone does have. The DJIA is a predictor of what the population of investors thinks the future holds for us and during the entire debate (Sometimes contentious and nasty) the DJIA rose and now is moving sideways rather than falling off a Cliff. That says the real prognosticators are making their bet on a good future rather than the doom and gloom both of you are salivating about on this forum. Well I thank God you are on the short end of the stick because I'm making my bet on the future as predicted by an average which isn't a poll designed by someone who had coin in the outcome but by an average which shows those in the know have confidence in the future of this great country. Neither of you can assess the fact your side lost and all the whining now is just sour losers making an inordinate amount of noise. However your noise isn't going to change one thing in the future because all the forces are arrayed against your viewpoints. Nuff said it's all been said and you're still on the losing side of the issue. With that I hope this thread can be closed and lets go to something interesting like fixing the housing situation so we can plan for the brighter future we have earned.
Once again, you lead of with your straw-man argument of empathy and compassion for those less fortunate who will benefit from HC reform. As if there is anyone here who actually advocates against helping out their fellow man. But it’s not surprising since there has been such blatant display of pompous, condescension on the part of HC legislation advocates as of late.

But none the less, the real expression of empathy and compassion actually starts with ensuring that the system as a whole is healthy and stable enough to support such noble causes. This in fact is the true “greater good” as it affects the well being of numbers vastly larger than smaller number of those who will alledgedly benefit from this bill.

As for my “dubious facts” and “pathetic predictions” as you put it, I am merely repeating that which came from the same source as the one lauded so highly during the run up to the passage of that which you have so unquestioningly defended.

CBO report: Debt will rise to 90% of GDP - Washington Times

I assume this is simply just more “inordinate amounts of noise” from yet another bunch of “whining sour losers?”

Old 03-26-2010, 02:29 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,270,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Once again...

As for my “dubious facts” and “pathetic predictions” as you put it, I am merely repeating that which came from the same source as the one lauded so highly during the run up to the passage of that which you have so unquestioningly defended.

CBO report: Debt will rise to 90% of GDP - Washington Times
Once again - when Moose was asked which of the doomsday predictions of the rightwingers from 1900 onwards has come to pass the number of examples he could cite is exactly ZERO, ZIFR, ZILCH, NADA.

Now we have a new one about the 90% Armageddon courtesy Moose's favourite economics textbook, the Washington Times.

Old 03-26-2010, 03:41 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
[quote=Moose Whisperer;13463885]So if that is true, how does this move us toward that goal?

If you can't see it I can't help ya.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:00 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,194,364 times
Quote:
Moose you and Ray have exhausted your arguments by repeatedly trying to insert the same dubious facts into the mix. The fact is the last Campaign was over health care and both candidates were for reform. Well the People spoke loud and clear and elected a President and both Houses of Congress and handed down a Mandate for the side the electorate believed to do something. The result is now a foregone conclusion and your pathetic predictions of what is to come are based on OPINION and as you know everyone can have one as opposed to what everyone does have.
That's so much diarrhea of the brain that I have no idea what to say to you. All I have done is to point out facts about Obamacare, including the first 10 steps to be taken before full implementation (I posted those links already).

Quote:
The DJIA is a predictor of what the population of investors thinks the future holds for us and during the entire debate (Sometimes contentious and nasty) the DJIA rose and now is moving sideways rather than falling off a Cliff. That says the real prognosticators are making their bet on a good future rather than the doom and gloom both of you are salivating about on this forum.
What the heck are you talking about? Oh, I got it You are talking about the Mayan prediction of the world ending in 2012 Oooops! I am wrong: you are talking about this guy trying to resuscitate a dead possum:
http://cbs3.com/topstories/Police.Drunk.Pennsylvania.2.1592202.html (broken link)

Quote:
Well I thank God you are on the short end of the stick because I'm making my bet on the future as predicted by an average which isn't a poll designed by someone who had coin in the outcome but by an average which shows those in the know have confidence in the future of this great country. Neither of you can assess the fact your side lost and all the whining now is just sour losers making an inordinate amount of noise.
I am on the short end of the stick? Are you drunk or something? I don't make any bets on the future, except for buying a couple of tickets for gun and other drawings, as well as a few more of the Nenana Ice Classic. Me whining? It's you who are whining, and the number of words you write to make a point is simply pathetic. So, those who oppose Obamacare are losers? I got news for you, the losers are people like you who can't take an opposing view.

Quote:
However your noise isn't going to change one thing in the future because all the forces are arrayed against your viewpoints. Nuff said it's all been said and you're still on the losing side of the issue. With that I hope this thread can be closed and lets go to something interesting like fixing the housing situation so we can plan for the brighter future we have earned.
The noise is going to change a lot of things in the future, specifically in the next elections. Fixing the housing situation? Well... you have to talk to Barney Frank about that, because Obama already bailed them out

But do you want to hear the truth? The problem with the US housing mess can be resolved by job creation as I mentioned before, not by more bailouts.

Last edited by RayinAK; 03-26-2010 at 06:11 PM..

Old 03-26-2010, 06:25 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
As the initiator of this thread I request that it be closed. Thank you.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:15 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,740,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
As the initiator of this thread I request that it be closed. Thank you.
thank you very much!!

Old 03-26-2010, 09:45 PM

941 posts, read 1,793,109 times
Maybe I didn't use the right words. I don't debate echos who keep coming back with the same repetitive words. I too ask that this thread be closed so some intelligent discussion can be forthcoming.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:50 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,194,364 times
Quote:
Maybe I didn't use the right words. I don't debate echos who keep coming back with the same repetitive words. I too ask that this thread be closed so some intelligent discussion can be forthcoming.
Well, you started calling two of us names, so I did the same in return. There is not need to call anybody names just because their opinions about any issues differ.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:54 PM

1,435 posts, read 2,780,096 times
Debates or not, facts are shameful. US is like one of the third world countries when it comes to maternity leave laws. Sure, wealthy and working ones are mostly insured, but well being of lowest income class is just smart government. One way or another we all pay for it. Good move IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska