Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2010, 07:30 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,633,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Obama is the Commander in Chief now. What is he waiting for?

I agree. When it comes to the military and the Patriotic Act, Obama isn't much different than Dubya.

The military complex wields way too much power in Washington. Their budget for the next year is $750 billion dollars.

That's obscene.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:31 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,270,159 times
Less than 30 seconds on Google gave this.

Lower costs lure U.S. patients abroad for treatment - CNN.com

Perhaps Ray should rely on his own mind a little more than Fox garbage.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:32 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,194,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richelles View Post
Ray ----I went back quite a way and read every link you provided. Everyone is someone's opinion about something they didn't know what it was going to eventually become. Now to me an OPINION is something everyone can have and has about as much value as the news about the last election's results. There is another ending to that saying but I'll let you supply that. It's too little too late now so we need to get on with the next thing in line.

This morning there is some discussion about removing the mortgage deduction from our tax system. Some are proposing a deduction for education costs instead of the present mortgage deduction. They (The ones with an opinion) are saying the mortgage deduction helps only the rich because the poor don't need that deduction (I'll let you furnish the needed reason). This is raising taxes, but only on the rich, since the poor don't use that deduction. I'd like to hear your opinion on that subject now that we no longer need to discuss a foregone conclusion on Universal Medical Care for all persons. The argument for a deduction for education costs is it provides a future value to our economy. But what about the foreigner who comes here for his education and then returns home and takes that education with him? How does that benefit us?

You can start the new thread
I don't really know much about the mortgage discussion you are talking about. But I heard on the news this morning that the Bank Of America is willing to forgive a large portion of the principal of home loans where the borrower has around 20% of the mortgage left to pay. This is not bad news for those home owners. In relation to education. Obamacare takes over the education loan market. Education are not longer private sector loans, but government loans.

But like everything I do in life, I work very hard for my money. I have always done so, and been able to pay my own way and avoid government handouts. I don't believe on taking money from the rich and giving it to the poor. That's the kind of system I lived in when a teenager, and leads back to communism.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
I agree. When it comes to the military and the Patriotic Act, Obama isn't much different than Dubya.
No. He is being responsible. Dubya the frat saddled us with all this mess. It cannot be untangled overnight. Furthermore, many folks like Cheney et al are in their hearts hoping for another attack on America so they can blame Obama. Clearly, Obama is mindful of this, and has decided to prioritize what he would like accomplished.

Quote:
The military complex wields way too much power in Washington. Their budget for the next year is $750 billion dollars.
That's obscene.
Indeed, it is obscene. It is borderline criminal. Can you imagine the ruckus and threats that will ensue from the rightwing thugs if Obama suggested even a modest cut in military spending?

Old 03-24-2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Less than 30 seconds on Google gave this.

Lower costs lure U.S. patients abroad for treatment - CNN.com

Perhaps Ray should rely on his own mind a little more than Fox garbage.
Well, all depends on what you want to do. For example, some people go to Mexico for dental care, and to buy medicine. If you want to risk your life going to Mexico for such, please don't let me stop you.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
But like everything I do in life, I work very hard for my money. I have always done so, and been able to pay my own way and avoid government handouts.
Good for you. I, too, have worked for what I have, and not taken a dime in govt handouts. Those like me on the other side of the political spectrum are not advocating govt handouts, rightwing talking points notwithstanding.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Alaskans on Medicare should gain from health care reform: Health | adn.com

This is an unqualified win for seniors in the State of Alaska.
Perhaps four years from now. Don't believe me? Then go for a colonoscopy, or for mammogram and demand of the hospital to turn it to Obamacare. You will be waiting for a few years

Old 03-24-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Well, all depends on what you want to do. For example, some people go to Mexico for dental care, and to buy medicine. If you want to risk your life going to Mexico for such, please don't let me stop you.
Ray, you have this BACKWARDS! Americans who go for heart surgery to India do so because if they stayed in America they would SURELY DIE! (since they cannot afford the operation here)

This is what happens when you outsource your mind to Fox and Beck.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Good for you. I, too, have worked for what I have, and not taken a dime in govt handouts. Those like me on the other side of the political spectrum are not advocating govt handouts, rightwing talking points notwithstanding.
I haven't talked about right or left wing, but you just have.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Ray, you have this BACKWARDS! Americans who go for heart surgery to India are do so because if they stayed in America they would SURELY DIE! (since they cannot afford the operation here)

This is what happens when you outsource your mind to Fox and Beck.
I am careful with my money, so don't have cable. It means that I don't watch FOX, nor CNN. But anyway, if you have the money, go to India. I am not stopping you. By the way, I go to Seattle, CA, NY and other places when I want to, because healthcare is more expensive in Alaska. But I would never go to Venezuela, Cuba, Dominican Republic, nor India for healthcare. "Been in some of these places already"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska