Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2010, 09:01 PM

941 posts, read 1,793,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Oh my, what a mess.

Those of you who advocate Social Darwinism should be aware that our species would not have survived much past the hunter/gatherer times had we been hard wired in that particular way. We're simply tribal beings; it's in our genetic code. Human beings do not by nature turn away bleeding children.

I suppose I'd rather that my tax dollars went to some illegal child in the lower 48 than some fat old slob on corporate welfare, wtf.
That is a very reasonable thought. In fact almost all mothers regardless of species is hard wired to have empathy for children. In some species a mother will adopt any young animal that is without a mother. And I hope this bill will always see that all persons who need care get some modicum of care regardless of their ability to pay.

And I resent the remark about "old fat slob"

Old 03-22-2010, 09:12 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,194,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richelles View Post
Spitting on people is Assault and battery
Doing it to a person of color is a hate crime
Is this typical behavior of conservatives?
Maybe they are challenged mentally

Beg to differ;

The draft only applied to men and was found Constitutional

Income tax applied to all and it was found Constitutional.

Social Security applied to all you bought an annuity and it was found Constitutional.

Medicare gave older people health care and it was found Constitutional

Prescription Drug Coverage wasn't found unconstitutional.

Seat Belts in your car was found Constitutional.

The Patriot Act was found Constitutional

Should I continue or does that much bust your dream?
What has all this garbage to do with the healthcare bill and the legal challenges from approximately 30 States that are to come? The Courts will decide on Obamacare's Constitutionality

Last edited by RayinAK; 03-22-2010 at 09:20 PM..

Old 03-22-2010, 09:22 PM

941 posts, read 1,793,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
What has all this garbage to do with the healthcare bill?
Ray If you're over your head in this debate then it's time for you to quit. You aren't a very good debate partner since you don't seem capable of having an original thought. All you can do is parrot what some other petty fogger has muttered and I'm not sure you're hearing things correctly. You said the health bill wouldn't stand Constitutional muster but a lot of similar bills I listed have passed with flying colors. The Courts said they were within Congress's Inherent Powers. That's an Interpretation by the Courts or have you forgotten your post of a few minutes ago?

Old 03-22-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richelles View Post
Ray If you're over your head in this debate then it's time for you to quit. You aren't a very good debate partner since you don't seem capable of having an original thought. All you can do is parrot what some other petty fogger has muttered and I'm not sure you're hearing things correctly. You said the health bill wouldn't stand Constitutional muster but a lot of similar bills I listed have passed with flying colors. The Courts said they were within Congress's Inherent Powers. That's an Interpretation by the Courts or have you forgotten your post of a few minutes ago?
I have no idea if I am over my head, but I am very aware that that you are switching back and forth from subject to subject, like a kid suffering from ADD.

Again: the courts will decided if Obamacare is Constitutional or not, and after Obama signs it.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:25 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
Ray's wife must have caught him salivating over Palin (again) and whacked his fat old head with her frying pan (again).

Old 03-22-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Ray's wife must have caught him salivating over Palin (again) and whacked his fat old head with her frying pan (again).
Howdy, Met
I have been a real good boy since (since I posted a link to a photo of Palin)

Old 03-22-2010, 09:50 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
Why don't I believe that....one of these days you'll have to go to the ER when your wife runs out of hard spots on your fat head to whack you with and they'll turn you way for being an alien. I'm sure you look rather like one now with what with your head all misshapen and whatnot. I saw a guy at ice carving that I'm pretty sure was you btw.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:45 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,270,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
This is a good article explaining a few problems that we all will have to face with Obamacare:
20 Ways ObamaCare Will Take Away Our Freedoms

Obamacare is similar to the healthcare implemented by Romney, one that Republicans and Democrats in MASS are now rejecting because of the escalating cost.

Ooooh be very scared, folks.

The conservative icon Ronald Reagan had campaigned against Medicare in the 1960s saying that it will be the end of freedom in America (look up YouTube for that piece of bullcrapery).

Old 03-23-2010, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Why don't I believe that....one of these days you'll have to go to the ER when your wife runs out of hard spots on your fat head to whack you with and they'll turn you way for being an alien. I'm sure you look rather like one now with what with your head all misshapen and whatnot. I saw a guy at ice carving that I'm pretty sure was you btw.
I decided to slowdown just by middle age. Sometimes I can't help but to glance around when I see beauty, like....like a nice flower, a cow in the backyard, and so forth. I have been quite nice lately, even if hard to believe.
Not much time left to get in trouble anymore, and least with women. I just have to be careful not to drown when taking pictures, or shoot myself on the leg while hunting:

Time for bed. Night night, Met

Last edited by RayinAK; 03-23-2010 at 12:40 AM..

Old 03-23-2010, 07:55 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
That is a pretty pic Ray. Nice to know we can all get along sincerely.

I am going to work today and thinking how when I retire the ER will be less full of people who don't have money food or health insurance. At least they will have one of the three. Time will tell......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska