Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2010, 07:40 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,112,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
You just can't handle the truth?
Today millions of seniors are calling their clinics and seeing if they can make appointments to see a doctor.

Families are making choices about pediatricians for their children.

Doctors are telling their staffs to expect increased reimbursement so they won't have to lay off staff in the office.

Hospitals in Anchorage are calculating how much they would lose in revenue with reduce ER visits by people now seen in doctor's offices.

The Legislature in Alaska is contemplating a special session to enact increased fees to doctors for seeing seniors on Medicare.

A Medicare Clinic is starting soon in Anchorage with doctors and nurses. Today in the ADN a surgeon volunteered in a letter to the editor her surgical services for the clinic.

That is just a few examples of how the change is happening on the ground today my Alaskan friend. I'm no expert but it would appear that in between what is true and not is what is GOOD. As people and families get the care and dedicated treatment they deserve we are all grateful, I would think as a reasonable person you would be also.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:42 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,271,151 times
Quote:
I am careful with my money, so don't have cable. It means that I don't watch FOX, nor CNN.
But you have internet. That means you have the means to educate yourself about the issues, weigh the pros and cons of a particular position judiciously. It is perplexing that you have not chosen to do so. What you write sounds cookie cutter Foxian or GlennBeckian.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:44 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,201,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Today millions of seniors are calling their clinics and seeing if they can make appointments to see a doctor.

Families are making choices about pediatricians for their children.

Doctors are telling their staffs to expect increased reimbursement so they won't have to lay off staff in the office.

Hospitals in Anchorage are calculating how much they would lose in revenue with reduce ER visits by people now seen in doctor's offices.

The Legislature in Alaska is contemplating a special session to enact increased fees to doctors for seeing seniors on Medicare.

A Medicare Clinic is starting soon in Anchorage with doctors and nurses. Today in the ADN a surgeon volunteered in a letter to the editor her surgical services for the clinic.

That is just a few examples of how the change is happening on the ground today my Alaskan friend. I'm no expert but it would appear that in between what is true and not is what is GOOD. As people and families get the care and dedicated treatment they deserve we are all grateful, I would think as a reasonable person you would be also.
Then go for a colonoscopy, and tell the doctor that Obamacare is paying the bill. Go ahead

Old 03-24-2010, 07:45 PM

Ray, you seem like a reasonable guy. I have a hunch that if you cleared the slate and started afresh, you will see this a little differently. I do not expect you to flip to the other side (and that is not my expectation). But I am hopeful that you can be more nuanced. Well, one can always hope.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:49 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,201,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Ray, you seem like a reasonable guy. I have a hunch that if you cleared the slate and started afresh, you will see this a little differently. I do not expect you to flip to the other side (and that is not my expectation). But I am hopeful that you can be more nuanced. Well, one can always hope.
I will tell you a little secret: I immigrated to the US from a place where I had socialized medicine, and it stunk. Now, many years later, I see the US turning into what I left behind, and it's not pretty.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:53 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,635,340 times
So long as health insurance companies are part of the equation, it'll be quite difficult to contain the cost of premiums. And, that in a nutshell, is the biggest problem facing most of us.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Then go for a colonoscopy, and tell the doctor that Obamacare is paying the bill. Go ahead
We're done man.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
I will tell you a little secret: I immigrated to the US from a place where I had socialized medicine, and it stunk. Now, many years later, I see the US turning into what I left behind, and it's not pretty.
Let me tell you another secret. I have close friends who are highly successful doctors/surgeons in the UK. They have quite a healthy (pardon the pun) opinion of the UK system. Do they think it is perfect? No. But they would any day take it over the current dysfunctional American system.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
So long as health insurance companies are part of the equation, it'll be quite difficult to contain the cost of premiums. And, that in a nutshell, is the biggest problem facing most of us.
It is astonishing that the rightwingers don't see this.

How can a private company in charge of your health care make money, if not by DENYING you that care? It boggles the mind that this simple point is lost on the Right.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
It is astonishing that the rightwingers don't see this.

How can a private company in charge of your health care make money, if not by DENYING you that care? It boggles the mind that this simple point is lost on the Right.
They are not bright enough to get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska