Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2010, 07:47 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,194,364 times

Advertisements

This is a good article explaining a few problems that we all will have to face with Obamacare:
20 Ways ObamaCare Will Take Away Our Freedoms

Obamacare is similar to the healthcare implemented by Romney, one that Republicans and Democrats in MASS are now rejecting because of the escalating cost.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:57 PM

941 posts, read 1,793,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
By the way, this bill is several thousand pages long. Not even Pelosi could read all of that
Do you mean that with 45+ amendments that were offered by conservatives you can't find anything that you think is good? Part of the 'several thousand pages' is from your side. By the way I read 'War and Peace' so most literate people could read the bill. And maybe Pelosi did read it; are you willing to stand by that claim? It's now the law so maybe you should get used to this bill. The actions of conservatives opposing the bill yesterday shows a lack of something in their psyche.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:02 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
Quote:
This is a good article explaining a few problems that we all will have to face with Obamacare:

Obamacare is similar to the healthcare implemented by Romney, one that Republicans and Democrats in MASS are now rejecting because of the escalating cost.
The article you published is an interpretation of the law. the article specifically does not include the language of the law itself. I doubt it's accuracy.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
MASS are now rejecting because of the escalating cost.
RayinAk your 20 points are propaganda and you might as well quit calling it ObamaCare because it's United States Medical Care for the entire population. And so far no proof MASS is rejecting their plan so that's another bit of propaganda. Give up it's for the good of all Americans. By the way it is time we got immigration reform and not as Dubya gave us making those illegals citizens.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richelles View Post
Do you mean that with 45+ amendments that were offered by conservatives you can't find anything that you think is good? Part of the 'several thousand pages' is from your side. By the way I read 'War and Peace' so most literate people could read the bill. And maybe Pelosi did read it; are you willing to stand by that claim? It's now the law so maybe you should get used to this bill. The actions of conservatives opposing the bill yesterday shows a lack of something in their psyche.
No, that's not what "I mean," that's what you have assumed I meant. The bill was already several thousand pages long before the Republicans added to it. That's what I meant. And no, there isn't anything right with a bill that forces Americans to buy health insurance, regardless of if it's wanted or not, and having the IRS penalizing people for not having it. The actions of conservatives opposing the bill has nothing to do with their psyche, but with the bill being an unconstitutional mandate that will be challenged in court for years to come.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richelles View Post
RayinAk your 20 points are propaganda and you might as well quit calling it ObamaCare because it's United States Medical Care for the entire population. And so far no proof MASS is rejecting their plan so that's another bit of propaganda. Give up it's for the good of all Americans. By the way it is time we got immigration reform and not as Dubya gave us making those illegals citizens.
Propaganda works both ways, therefore what you are telling me is nothing but propaganda as you see it. If you don't believe the article, at least check the healthcare bill articles the author is referring to. If what he has written doesn't match the bill's article he points at, then consider it propaganda.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
The article you published is an interpretation of the law. the article specifically does not include the language of the law itself. I doubt it's accuracy.
So, you are telling me that "an interpretation of a law" is not accurate? I see...don't judges interpret law?

Old 03-22-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
And no, there isn't anything right with a bill that forces Americans to buy health insurance, regardless of if it's wanted or not, and having the IRS penalizing people for not having it.

The actions of conservatives opposing the bill has nothing to do with their psyche,
but with the bill being an unconstitutional mandate that will be challenged in court for years to come.
Spitting on people is Assault and battery
Doing it to a person of color is a hate crime
Is this typical behavior of conservatives?
Maybe they are challenged mentally

Beg to differ;

The draft only applied to men and was found Constitutional

Income tax applied to all and it was found Constitutional.

Social Security applied to all you bought an annuity and it was found Constitutional.

Medicare gave older people health care and it was found Constitutional

Prescription Drug Coverage wasn't found unconstitutional.

Seat Belts in your car was found Constitutional.

The Patriot Act was found Constitutional

Should I continue or does that much bust your dream?

Old 03-22-2010, 08:46 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
Quote:
So, you are telling me that "an interpretation of a law" is not accurate? I see...don't judges interpret law?
I am saying the law itself should be read or if you wish published here to find out what is real and what is not. Your article has zero credibility

Old 03-22-2010, 08:53 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
Oh my, what a mess.

Those of you who advocate Social Darwinism should be aware that our species would not have survived much past the hunter/gatherer times had we been hard wired in that particular way. We're simply tribal beings; it's in our genetic code. Human beings do not by nature turn away bleeding children.

I suppose I'd rather that my tax dollars went to some illegal child in the lower 48 than some fat old slob on corporate welfare, wtf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska