Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2010, 10:06 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times

Advertisements

Behave.

Tomorrow's vote is important. I vote yes. I vote yes even though it's not what I wanted. I vote yes so that people can have benefits and not be cut off by some ice water veins insurance tool. I vote yes because it's easier to fight than to turn around and run. I vote yes for all the people who have worked ALL THEIR LIVES who can't find a doctor who will accept frickin' Medicare/Medicaid. I vote yes because people good people adults and children die in this "civilized" country from not getting procedures they need.

It is disturbing that it is even a debate.........Onward!!!!

Old 03-20-2010, 11:06 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,270,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Where do I start with your sweeping generalizations? MY semi-literate fratboy? That Bush and Cheney are soley responsible for the financial crisis? That those who disagree with you are racists? That only southerners are racist? That all southern racists will be dead in 10-15 years?
Well, where do I start with YOUR illogic?

Just so you know:

- No, those who do not agree with me are not necessarily racists.
- No, those who do not like the current health care bill are not necessarily racists.
- No, all southerners are not racists, and racists are not southerners alone.
- No, all southern racists will not be dead in 10-15 years.

Now, all of the above is known to even freshly baked babies, so I am puzzled that I have to explain it to you.

Now:

- Yes, Dubya and Dick brought the country to the edge of an abyss. They lied us into a war that cost over 1 trillion dollars, 5000 American lives, and many many more Iraqi lives.

- Yes, the Tea Partiers have a strong racist element to their rhetoric. If the Prez had been white he would not have been subjected to such vitriol and aspersions cast on his citizenship. These are semi-literate rednecky borderline and/or full blown racists, nourished by the hate and garbage fed to them by Fox, as witness this:

YouTube - THE TEA PARTY & THE CIRCUS - Final Healthcare Reform Protest

Today at the Capitol Hill, black Congressmen were spat on and the N word hurled at them. The southern brand of racism is on its last legs (note, it is not overt as in the pre-1960 days; the brand of racism pioneered by Nixon and his followers was through code phrases). The new generation is much more exposed to new ideas and the world beyond America, and they do not fear the people who do not look like them (read non-white) like their parents' generation did.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:23 AM

Thanks for posting that. Entertaining.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:44 PM

99 posts, read 220,267 times
Since when did we get into the Iraq War? I thought this was a thread for Medicare ...?

First off, those doctors spend a very long time and a very large amount of money to be doctors. They have those costs. Then, they have to open up shop, buy very expensive equipment, pay for their location, pay a couple secretaries. They then have to pay for malpractice insurance or whatever it's called. It protects from a malpractice lawsuit.

By the time they are done, they have spent a bazillion bucks.

I can see them not wanting to take a loss on Medicare, or a very tiny profit, when they could see someone who could pay them more. In the end, doctors make up their losses, but it takes a while of doing it.

I love how the Government is going to magically come in and fix everything ...since when has this EVER worked for the people of the USA? From my experience, government organizations just cloud things up and make it more complicated and expensive.

I don't see how they're going to cover us all PLUS the 30 million off of health insurance cheaper than they are alreayd doing it - which isn't cheap - but they're apparently going to try.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:05 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,194,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Behave.

Tomorrow's vote is important. I vote yes. I vote yes even though it's not what I wanted. I vote yes so that people can have benefits and not be cut off by some ice water veins insurance tool. I vote yes because it's easier to fight than to turn around and run. I vote yes for all the people who have worked ALL THEIR LIVES who can't find a doctor who will accept frickin' Medicare/Medicaid. I vote yes because people good people adults and children die in this "civilized" country from not getting procedures they need.

It is disturbing that it is even a debate.........Onward!!!!
Vote NO to the Federal Government taking over 1/6th of the US economy and turning the healthcare most American already have into the sort of Medicare we are talking about in this forum. Vote NO to adding approximately 30-million illegal aliens to "free healthcare" that all working Americans will have to pay for. Vote NO to the Federal Government screwing-up our existing BlueShield/BlueCross work-supported health insurance approximately 48% of the Alaska workforce already have.

Don't you realize that Chavez has already done this in Venezuela? Is this the healthcare you want in the US?

Old 03-21-2010, 05:09 PM

What the selfish of the world conveniently ignore or forget is that the man woman or child who does not have access to health care is a parent who cradles their child and a courageous seven year old who just wants to run at school, or an elderly person who has worked all their life to provide for people they love. The fact that the "representatives" have to try to prevent this and try to prevent coverage to these human beings is obscene.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
What the selfish of the world conveniently ignore or forget is that the man woman or child who does not have access to health care is a parent who cradles their child and a courageous seven year old who just wants to run at school, or an elderly person who has worked all their life to provide for people they love. The fact that the "representatives" have to try to prevent this and try to prevent coverage to these human beings is obscene.
What are you talking about? Medicare is already taking care of the elderly and those who can't afford healthcare. Welfare is also involved in this healthcare. The only problem is that the same government that offers Medicare does not pay the bill. Is this what you want the government to do with the healthcare bill now in Congress?

An older person has already paid for S.S. for years and years in S.S. taxes. This money is taken away by the government and then only a portion of it is given back to the person who has worked for decades. By the time this person receives a portion of his hard-earned money, he is pretty much dying, so he or she never receives his or her money.

The 7-year old you are talking about is not allowed to run at school. Instead, he is being fattened to death with the free junk food provided at school.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:31 PM

The most obvious thing is that dear sir you are absolutely clueless about what is rolling these days in the Nation. Instead you cite false claims visions of fat children *seriously, visions of older people lovingly cared for by medicare and bring in Hugo Chavez. When someone talked like this long ago we thought that they were on acid.

Wake up man. Put the bottle of Hannity away. Your vision of reality does not exist.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
The most obvious thing is that dear sir you are absolutely clueless about what is rolling these days in the Nation. Instead you cite false claims visions of fat children *seriously, visions of older people lovingly cared for by medicare and bring in Hugo Chavez. When someone talked like this long ago we thought that they were on acid.

Wake up man. Put the bottle of Hannity away. Your vision of reality does not exist.
Well, see it as you please, but the reality of the state of education in our nation should smack you right on the face. The free-lunch program, which is sponsored by the government is paid by every working American in work taxes. Also, most schools have reduced the time previously allowed for physical education. Add this to the free junk food provided at school plus the one at home, and the result is: fat kids

Not only that, but the US lags behind a lot of other nations in education. In other words, this free education for American children as well as illegal immigrants, isn't that great.

The healthcare provided to Venezuelans is "government healthcare," and Chavez is the president. The same can be said for the healthcare provided in Cuba, except that Castro is in charge there.

Aren't you aware that Chavez took over the banking industry in Venezuela a few years ago? The same thing happened not only to the banking industry in the US, but also to GM and Chrysler. Is this what you want for the US healthcare industry? Do you want what has happened to Medicare (government not paying the bill) with our healthcare, too?

No idea what you are saying about Hannity, nor about "acid." I am not into drugs, but am willing to listen to you an expert like you.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:00 PM

This bill will provide coverage to innocent women men and children who can't see a doctor.

This bill will pay for dental and eye services which are currently excluded by medicare.

If you gets sick this bill prevents the insurance company from canceling your coverage.

If you cannot get any coverage this bill will set up a system where you can pay for insurance.

Tell me if you will how these facts are bad for America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska