Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 09:40 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,970,454 times

Advertisements

All states could do this if they actually saved and invested a portion of tax revenue. Over time, taxes could go down and the dividend could go up.

But that would require self discipline, something most Americans don't have...especially the government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 09:48 PM

123 posts, read 867,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyL View Post
You heard it here first...the PFD requirements are about to get more strict.
This is a good idea but what's taking so long? Seems if you're giving away free money, restrictions should be as tight as possible before it goes out the door in the first place. (because you know some people / crooks are going to try to pull one over) Guess it changes according to times??

Did someone say you guys don't pay taxes? LUCKY PEOPLE! If they could lower the taxes here, I'd be grateful. Course if I followed suit and had a kid, it'd lower but thank God I have my priorities straight. LOL. Not that having a kid would be a bad thing---having a kid to evade taxes would. lolol, im in such a goofy mood tonight.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:56 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,804,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafedup View Post
Did someone say you guys don't pay taxes? LUCKY PEOPLE!
Really? Let's see...
fed income tax
bourough tax
city tax
if you want to put in a new window that faces the road you pay a "fee"
if you want to remodel your bathroom.....it must be inspected and appraised...and you pay a "fee"
...then there are taxes on everything except breathing and pissing.

We just don't pay a state tax...like TEXAS OR FLORIDA!
...and don't even get me into property taxes.......

Old 07-28-2009, 10:00 PM

2 posts, read 3,486 times
Default Property Management Manual

It seems basic, but Great Customer Service is one of the biggest keys to Successful Property Management.There are so many landlords and property managers with bad attitudes, that when you are pleasant, you easily stand out from the pack.
Please visit this site http://propertymanagementmanual.blogspot.com for more information.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:01 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,804,558 times
Oh....before I forget...

The Feds take 1/3 of your PFD for Fed income tax. It's not "free"....

Just wanted to let you know....

Old 07-28-2009, 10:37 PM

123 posts, read 867,534 times
I think you've done a good enough job scaring away those that might actually consider moving to another state in hopes of a few extra bucks. Though it sounds otherwise, I'm sure you're grateful for that bonus your state provides you as a loyal resident, nonetheless.

My advice to anyone out there thinking of actually going through with that, follow the advice of the previous posters who already mentioned how it really wouldn't benefit you. Just get a job and use those funds for life! :P

Nite yall

Old 07-29-2009, 07:28 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafedup View Post
This is a good idea but what's taking so long? Seems if you're giving away free money, restrictions should be as tight as possible before it goes out the door in the first place. (because you know some people / crooks are going to try to pull one over) Guess it changes according to times??

Did someone say you guys don't pay taxes? LUCKY PEOPLE! If they could lower the taxes here, I'd be grateful. Course if I followed suit and had a kid, it'd lower but thank God I have my priorities straight. LOL. Not that having a kid would be a bad thing---having a kid to evade taxes would. lolol, im in such a goofy mood tonight.
We have no state income tax. Property tax varies by area--where I live, we have no property tax. We have a small sales tax.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:12 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,330,462 times
Florida doesn't pay state tax but you pay tax on most food...so at the end of the year I'd much rather pay the state tax...those freebees are not freebees

Old 07-29-2009, 09:31 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,704,444 times
Alaska gets more Federal Dollars than it gives(collecting $1.94 for every dollar paid), making it a Welfare State. So how can they say they have a "Surplus"?

Old 07-29-2009, 11:44 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Alaska gets more Federal Dollars than it gives(collecting $1.94 for every dollar paid), making it a Welfare State. So how can they say they have a "Surplus"?
Alaska also has 16 federal military bases and numerous National Parks, Monuments, Preserves, and Refuges. The State of Alaska does not see the vast majority of the federal funding that you erroneously attribute to the State. Your ignorance about where that federal money goes is typical among lower-48ers. We have a surplus when revenues to the State exceed what was budgeted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska