Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 09:38 PM

1,993 posts, read 4,066,365 times

Advertisements

Chipotle is BLAND.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 01:20 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,395,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfside__ View Post
Chipotle = White man's burrito.
Do you mean that the style of burrito sold at Chipotle was invented by White people or that White people can't discern between an authentic burrito and whatever Chipotle makes?

Also, what exactly do you mean by White people? Italians? Spaniards? Scots-Irish? Your post is a bit vague.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:56 PM

16,400 posts, read 30,325,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfside__ View Post
Never ate at Filiberto's before, but I did eat at Chipotle today, and although I enjoyed, I just thought it was white mans version of what Mexican food should taste like, also nothing but white people their no offence to any of you white folks, but it's just not the same. I respect that they are serving healthier food, but it's almost as if they white man tried customizing to fit more of their version of what mexican food should taste like, it's not a true authentic "mexican grill" like it's claimed, also they had jamaican radio on .. Huh? As far as the food goes, I enjoyed it the burrito was ok for the most part really big, made of organic stuff, but it left me hungry an hour later not as filling. I thought the salsa was a joke tasted like lime tomato sauce.. I think this type of place would do great inside a Whole Foods market. I ate at Saidies and I must say their is no competition I'll take authentic new mexican food over any day over Chipotle.

It is the McDonald's version of Mexican food much as Baja Fresh is Wendy's version.

Personally, I cannot understand why people would choose Chipotle's when there are so many great taquerias around than can actually achieve a more authentic taste.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:24 AM

93 posts, read 240,019 times
I love the red chili sauce at Filibertos. There carne asada is very good.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:10 AM

3,689 posts, read 9,192,823 times
Amazing how much chest-thumping there is on the subject.

"How dare you eat that?! That's not AUTHENTIC!"

The fact of the matter is that one man's authentic is another man's bland. Sopaipillas eaten in the authentic way, dating back to pre-U.S. formation, do not involve honey. Are you going to forgo the honey next time you have one? I sure won't.

The din in this thread is now multiple people whining about others' food choices. O, how cruel life is that we have so many choices!

You can be an expert on what tastes good in the same way you can be an expert on politics or religion. It doesn't take any specialized training and perhaps that's the problem. It is neither smart, pleasant, nor fruitful to bash certain options, because you're no more right than the next guy from an outside perspective.

By all means, let's bring new options to the forefront. But if we keep in mind that maybe our taste buds are different from the next person, we'll help someone find gastronomic bliss instead of intimidating them away from it.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:00 AM

^ nah, chipotle just isn't very good.

Old 05-20-2012, 07:34 PM

11 posts, read 28,779 times
Quote:
Amazing how much chest-thumping there is on the subject.

"How dare you eat that?! That's not AUTHENTIC!"
True, Mexican food has a HUGE variety of styles. What counts as a burrito in one spot would be impossible to find 2 or 300 miles away in Mexico.

Most people that love the mexican food over here are actually enjoying what would better fit into the tex mex category instead of actual mexican food.

Old 05-20-2012, 07:49 PM

11 posts, read 28,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan from NM View Post
Chipotle is about 20x better than Filibertos. And this is coming from a hispanic who ate spanish food all his life.

The restaurants in question serve Mexican food.

Spanish food is pretty different.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpinca View Post

Most people that love the mexican food over here are actually enjoying what would better fit into the tex mex category
Completely and utterly false.

Old 05-20-2012, 10:28 PM

713 posts, read 1,847,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpinca View Post
True, Mexican food has a HUGE variety of styles. What counts as a burrito in one spot would be impossible to find 2 or 300 miles away in Mexico.

Most people that love the mexican food over here are actually enjoying what would better fit into the tex mex category instead of actual mexican food.
You obviously have no idea the difference between Mexican, New Mexican and Tex-Mex food. You shouldn't speak unless you know what you're talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque