Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 06:57 AM

195 posts, read 421,310 times

Advertisements

Filiberto's is local. Chipotle is not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 08:06 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,815,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Inferno View Post
Filiberto's is local. Chipotle is not.
Filiberto’s Mexican Food has been in business over 30 years and is located in Arizona, California and New Mexico. Their first one was in San Diego, California...

Rich

Old 05-21-2012, 11:17 AM

419 posts, read 999,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loborick View Post
You obviously have no idea the difference between Mexican, New Mexican and Tex-Mex food. You shouldn't speak unless you know what you're talking about.
Yeah I thought the same exact thing, the guy clearly doesn't know what he is talking about.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Filiberto’s Mexican Food has been in business over 30 years and is located in Arizona, California and New Mexico. Their first one was in San Diego, California...

Rich
Wow. really??

Old 05-21-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Inferno View Post
Wow. really??
Yep... I will wager a "Carne Adovada" meal at a real local New Mexican Restaurant...

Rich

Old 05-21-2012, 08:11 PM

I guess you learn something new everyday!!

I, too, would rather eat real, authentic New Mexican food from a local restaurant. And plus it would help support the local economy, or one would only hope.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:45 PM

11 posts, read 28,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfside__ View Post
Yeah I thought the same exact thing, the guy clearly doesn't know what he is talking about.
I didn't mention any specific foods, so how is it that you fools would know anything about my knowledge of the categories?

My mention of people thinking tex mex and mexican food are the same thing was pretty vague due to the use of terms like most.

Most of the mexican food places have stuff like nachos and fajitas which are tex mex.

Whereas places that serve authentic mexican food only are pretty few and far between. Albondigas, carne guisada, lengua etc... that are pretty common in Mexico are rare here.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:34 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,391,999 times
I have had family in town for the last week. I have that rare sensation of being sick of New Mexican food. Thankfully the feeling will go away in a day or two when I dig in to some carne adovada.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:07 PM

93 posts, read 240,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I have had family in town for the last week. I have that rare sensation of being sick of New Mexican food. Thankfully the feeling will go away in a day or two when I dig in to some carne adovada.
Same here, I can't wait for Modesto CA vacation, Gonna get some Carne Asada.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:51 PM

Filiberto's vs Chipotle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarplr View Post
I'm just wondering what everyone's opinion is on this one. I personally like Filiberto's mostly for there carne asada. I've eaten at Chipotle at there Mesa AZ location. I figured as soon as they opened there doors here in Albq I would be head over heels for them, that's not what happened though.
We had a bad start at a local Filiberto's, but they are OK...

Chipotle's, Don't need to go back. Don't like it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque