Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2019, 11:15 AM

1 posts, read 786 times

Advertisements

It's about the food not the people that make it. Any well versed cook/chef can prepare an authentic food, it's more about a great recipe brought to your table. I have had both Chipotle and Filiberto's and without hesitation prefer Filiberto's more savory flavorful in just about any combination you can think of. Don't get me wrong Chipotle is still very good just not as good. Great management can set the tone for uniform foundation making all your franchises great. Peoria and Mesa AZ yum. mismo de old town SD

Last edited by chuck272; 02-07-2019 at 11:22 AM.. Reason: misspelled
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2019, 08:22 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,775,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfside__ View Post
Never ate at Filiberto's before, but I did eat at Chipotle today, and although I enjoyed, I just thought it was white mans version of what Mexican food should taste like
Exactly.

Quote:
I'll take authentic new mexican food over any day over Chipotle.
Big time. I ate at Chipotle's all of once in my life and I thought it was very bland and nothing at all like Mexican or NM food.

Old 02-21-2019, 09:26 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,340,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
I ate at Chipotle's all of once in my life and I thought it was very bland and nothing at all like Mexican or NM food.
Chipotle is arguably serving a Mission Style Burrito which is a style that originated in San Francisco, so you are spot on with your assessment that they are neither Mexican nor New Mexican in style.

As for Filiberto's, that is some Sonoran/San Diego style taqueria food which I have taken a liking to recently. Their carne asada and chile relleno burritos are bomb.

Old 02-22-2019, 10:14 AM

1,043 posts, read 1,451,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Chipotle is arguably serving a Mission Style Burrito which is a style that originated in San Francisco, so you are spot on with your assessment that they are neither Mexican nor New Mexican in style.

As for Filiberto's, that is some Sonoran/San Diego style taqueria food which I have taken a liking to recently. Their carne asada and chile relleno burritos are bomb.
I agree completely with your assessment.

I went to school in the Bay Area and lived in the Mission District after graduation, so I regularly get a craving for a real Mission-style burrito. None of the local burrito places really fit the bill, but Chipotle comes the closest in terms of ingredients, styles and flavors. Unfortunately, Chipotle's well-publicized chain-wide problems with freshness, cleanliness and quality control mean that anytime I indulge my stomach is going to pay for it for at least a day afterward. Oddly enough, I never experienced those issues at even the funkiest Bay Area taqueria.

Filiberto's and its various -etos/-ertos clones are a totally different thing, but tasty in their own right.

That said, if someone came to Albuquerque and opened an authentic, clean, and tasty San Francisco-style taqueria with real Mission burritos they could count on my business on basically a weekly basis.

Old 02-22-2019, 01:05 PM

1,899 posts, read 3,507,288 times
How's the Filberto's on Sara in Rio Rancho? I've been spending a lot of time at Eye Associates so I may as well give it a try.

Old 02-22-2019, 01:08 PM

192 posts, read 256,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Cabeza View Post
How's the Filberto's on Sara in Rio Rancho? I've been spending a lot of time at Eye Associates so I may as well give it a try.
I just ate there today and have frequented many times. Love their breakfast machaca burrito. Just be ready for a giant burrito, easily enough for two meals.

Old 02-22-2019, 05:55 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,747,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Cabeza View Post
We have been eating there on and off since they opened, around five years ago. Food has always been good. They also have drive through.

They also have a Filberto's in Bernallio and at least another one in Albuquerque...

IMG_3116b by Ricardo, on Flickr

IMG_3108 by Ricardo, on Flickr.

IMG_3098 by Ricardo, on Flickr.

Top - Burrito with Rice and Beans and a Beef Taco.
Bottom - Two Chicken Enchiladas with Rice and Beans.

Filiberto’s Mexican Food.
1600 Sara Rd. SE, Rio Rancho, New Mexico 87124.
Photos by R. Sanchez.

Old 03-01-2019, 10:26 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,747,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpinca View Post
Most of the mexican food places have stuff like nachos and fajitas which are tex mex.

Quote:
Nachos is a Mexican dish from northern Mexico that consists of heated tortilla chips or totopos covered with melted cheese (or a cheese-based sauce), often served as a snack or appetizer. More elaborate versions of the dish add other ingredients, and may be substantial enough to serve as a main dish. Ignacio "Nacho" Anaya is credited with creating the dish around 1943; the original nachos consisted of fried corn tortilla chips covered with melted cheese and sliced jalapeño peppers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque