Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2010, 08:27 AM

3,557 posts, read 10,221,152 times

Advertisements

March hits me like a train with allergies...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 08:30 AM

995 posts, read 2,728,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rybert View Post
March hits me like a train with allergies...
That sux... I suffer from allergies here in the North East. Freaking hate it. I'm shooting for 3/30-4/3. Hopefully this date will stick for us.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:39 AM

3,422 posts, read 10,906,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelazyone View Post
That sux... I suffer from allergies here in the North East. Freaking hate it. I'm shooting for 3/30-4/3. Hopefully this date will stick for us.
You may be OK here. Depends.

I grew up in the NE and never had seasonal allergies. Then I moved out here as an adult and started suffering from them (juniper and ragweed).

Not sure if that set something off or not, but when I moved to the SE for a while, I was allergic to the pine down there (perhaps its a different pollen than up in the NE).

I'd bring allergy meds just in case, and drink lots of water. The advice I got here was to shower right before bed to wash it all off of my hair, etc... which is probably the same thing you'd do with any pollen I guess.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisdol View Post
You may be OK here. Depends.

I grew up in the NE and never had seasonal allergies. Then I moved out here as an adult and started suffering from them (juniper and ragweed).

Not sure if that set something off or not, but when I moved to the SE for a while, I was allergic to the pine down there (perhaps its a different pollen than up in the NE).

I'd bring allergy meds just in case, and drink lots of water. The advice I got here was to shower right before bed to wash it all off of my hair, etc... which is probably the same thing you'd do with any pollen I guess.
I shower every night before bed. I suffer from bad sinus issues. I'm very excited. Living in NY has gotten old and expensive. I'm coming out with an open mind and hope I leave with a good impression.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:28 PM

51 posts, read 200,525 times
March can be really hit or miss. Generally the temps will be okay but it is also usually very windy. March in NM is not one of my favorite months but I will take it any day over the ice storms and crappy weather in the Philly area. As for allergies, I have allergies here on the east coast, when I was in ABQ, I didn't have any. My wife was opposite and had terrible spring allergies in NM but no real allergies here in NJ. It all depends on what you are allergic to.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crna06 View Post
March can be really hit or miss. Generally the temps will be okay but it is also usually very windy. March in NM is not one of my favorite months but I will take it any day over the ice storms and crappy weather in the Philly area. As for allergies, I have allergies here on the east coast, when I was in ABQ, I didn't have any. My wife was opposite and had terrible spring allergies in NM but no real allergies here in NJ. It all depends on what you are allergic to.
Did you guys relocate from Philly? If so, how was the transition for you two?

Old 01-05-2010, 01:36 PM

439 posts, read 1,221,997 times
Well, let me think...late March in 2006, I believe it snowed a bit. Late March 2007, it was about 75. March 2008 I don't remember There can be really strong and cold winds in March. Most of the time it's fairly warm and breezy.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent cello View Post
Well, let me think...late March in 2006, I believe it snowed a bit. Late March 2007, it was about 75. March 2008 I don't remember There can be really strong and cold winds in March. Most of the time it's fairly warm and breezy.
Dang... St. Pattys day of 07 we got hit with about 14" of snow. I believe it was on a Friday and had pretty much killed hitting up the local pubs in my village.

Old 01-05-2010, 03:23 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,369,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berncohomes View Post
It is usually nice in March, mid to high 60's depending on how late in March you come.
Of course, this refers to both the temperature and wind speed. ;-)

ABQConvict

Old 02-01-2011, 12:00 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,948,721 times
Default 15 degrees F high weather coming on Wednesday 02-01-2011...

I never knew Albuquerque can reach 15 degrees F high on Wednesday. Albuquerque will be 12 degrees colder than Anchorage, Alaska, despite it being 3,600 miles south closer to the equator.

Now, what is wrong with planet Earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque