Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 10:19 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,991,883 times

Advertisements

One benefit for the multi-million natural cures, is that the cost to THE INDIVIDUAL is usually significantly less than the cost of a pharmaceutical, and usually without the side effects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 08:50 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
One benefit for the multi-million natural cures, is that the cost to THE INDIVIDUAL is usually significantly less than the cost of a pharmaceutical, and usually without the side effects.
Natural treatments often have their own side effects and they are not CHEAP. Natural doesn't mean safe or without side effects. And please stop insinuating how costly drugs/medications are. Unless it's a new drug the costs are minimal. And people with any sense at all have Insurance to cover these costs.

My thyroid meds ran $8 a month when I was without Ins for a few months. Less than any potion sold by the alt meds out there.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:29 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Supplements and natural treatments literally cost me 1000s more than prescription drugs, and of course they have side effects, anyone who says differently is dangerously ignorant.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:54 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,991,883 times
In post #51 CosmicWizard wrote the following: One benefit for the multi-million natural cures, is that the cost to THE INDIVIDUAL is usually significantly less than the cost of a pharmaceutical, and usually without the side effects.

Notice the word usually!

I won't waste time merely insinuating how costly drugs and medication are. I'll come right out and say that drugs and medication ARE expensively over-priced. My insurance paid only a small portion of the prescriptions required for catarract surgery. And even IF, the insurance would have paid more of the cost, that would not change the fact of the high cost of drugs built into insurance premiums. Over the years, I spent thousands of dollars more on health insurance that I've spent on supplements. And I have NEVER personally experienced an unwanted side effect from a supplement.....NEVER....not even once!

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 01-26-2013 at 10:05 AM..

Old 01-26-2013, 11:08 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Allen View Post
I've been helped by Buteyko breathing exercises.
Thank you for bringing this technique to my attention. It's so simple, and so relaxing.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:01 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,983,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
I've not heard of this before..and an internet search revealed little. Do you have any info on what it is and whether any studies have indicated it's safe for consumption--and it's effect on insomnia?

I love herbal and natural alternatives, but would be hesitant about ingesting any unknown things without careful study...herbs and natural medicines can have side effects just as pharmaceuticals can...
I've used Kratom off and on very many years. Bali can have a sedative effect though it didn't always make me feel like that. I was wanting to calm but not sleep, that was my purpose for taking it. One batch can be better than another too. There are a couple Kratom forums online, it will give you all the info you need. They usually have a section for suppliers, some will send you samples free. I would go to various sites and ask for some bali samples. Tell them you have never tried Kratom before. It would be worth a try. It is a safe substance, many people use it and its help them cope with various health problems. Someone else was asking about Kratom on this forum. I made a post there talking a bit about the herb. The bad part is they are trying to demonize the herb and make it illegal.

What has happened with the politicians trying to ban Kratom is they are foolishly lumping it into the Synthetic drug area. As Kratom will be sold as incense they assume it is also a synthetic drug, which it is not. Indiana had banned Kratom, but after being corrected regarding Kratom, it was removed from the banned list. Iowa also jumped on the band wagon without knowing anything. They too will now leave off Kratom from banned substances. I was curious, as I live in Iowa and also didn't want to scare you off from trying it.

The Kratom Forum

Last edited by todd00; 01-27-2013 at 06:28 AM..

Old 01-28-2013, 05:19 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
=^..^= try to think outside the box. All I suggested was a natural way to help to get to sleep.

Why SHOULD people take drugs when a natural effective method exists?

Maybe you just like to have the last word? I bet you cannot resist the temptation to answer this....go on... prove me wrong.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Supplements and natural treatments literally cost me 1000s more than prescription drugs, and of course they have side effects, anyone who says differently is dangerously ignorant.
Or they're alt med fanatics who will lie about the cost and side effects. Or they're selling some alt med treatment or cure.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
In post #51 CosmicWizard wrote the following: One benefit for the multi-million natural cures, is that the cost to THE INDIVIDUAL is usually significantly less than the cost of a pharmaceutical, and usually without the side effects.

Notice the word usually!
WHERE, on what planet are they USUALLY less with less side effects?

Quote:
I won't waste time merely insinuating how costly drugs and medication are. I'll come right out and say that drugs and medication ARE expensively over-priced.
You consider $8 for a month's supply of thyroid meds "costly?"

Quote:
My insurance paid only a small portion of the prescriptions required for catarract surgery. And even IF, the insurance would have paid more of the cost, that would not change the fact of the high cost of drugs built into insurance premiums.
Which drugs are you talking about? How is it you never mention the high cost of alt treatments/potions/lotions and supplements?

Quote:
Over the years, I spent thousands of dollars more on health insurance that I've spent on supplements. And I have NEVER personally experienced an unwanted side effect from a supplement.....NEVER....not even once!
Then you are some kind of miracle-man or you're so fanatical about alt meds you're in denial of side-effects. If you don't utilize your Ins, why do you have it?

Old 01-28-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
=^..^= try to think outside the box. All I suggested was a natural way to help to get to sleep.

Why SHOULD people take drugs when a natural effective method exists?

Maybe you just like to have the last word? I bet you cannot resist the temptation to answer this....go on... prove me wrong.
What are you trying to prove? You can't even quote someone correctly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine