Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 04:17 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,922,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
that industry is obviously threatened by people finding alternatives outside of their control. That is why they have agents on forums like this, to convince the vulnerable that there are no other options, alternative medicine is quackery. They lie because that is their job, or their livelihood is at stake. If people stop taking dangerous pharmaceuticals, they lose control over us and they lose billions.
They are the ones inside the box quoting CDC, AMA, FDA, ACA, etc. Look outside if your truly seek help for your condition.
I wonder why there even is an Alternative Medicine forum, if that's the case. It is an uphill battle to get a space to discuss alternative viewpoints without interference.

In this case the thread went off topic to coconut oil . . .

No one even discussed Homeopathic medicine, which is what she asked about.

OP: I don't know what in homeopathic medicine, per se, might be good to combat cancer.

I would recommend you go to a good, local naturopath and have them devise a game plan for you. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 04:29 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,124,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapsk8 View Post
Hi all -

2012 - Had four surgeries, several rounds of chemo, showed up as NED and we though the cancer was gone. Did another Cat scan and surprise....it's back! I'm waiting for approval for a few phase 1 trials currently. Asked the Doc staraight up and he told me that untreated I have 6 to 12 months tolive.

Here is the kicker about it, I've not felt this good in the past 10 years (I'm 45). I lost about 30 pounds, started walking, you know really feeling good. Over the past few months, prior to my Cat scan, I have changed my eating habits to mostly plant based, no sugars, less processed foods, etc.

My question, has anyone here tried any Holistic approaches? For example, diet changes, body cleansing, etc. Over the past few weeks I have been ready specifically about the Gerson Therapy and maybe its because I am reaching for straws with my life but it makes a lot of sense to me???
Lots of people have, some with great success, others not. I would check out this video
The Beautiful Truth - YouTube. Another good one is this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8ylpgN_5mg

I would also read the book "The Only Answer to Cancer" by Dr. Leonard Coldwell, wherein he discusses several different natural modalities.

If it were me, it would be the only choice I would make. But it's a path that each person must choose for themselves.

20yrsinBranson

Last edited by 20yrsinBranson; 02-05-2013 at 04:52 PM..

Old 02-05-2013, 04:53 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,922,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Lots of people have, some with great success, others not. I would check out this video
The Beautiful Truth - YouTube. Another good one is this one:
Crazy Sexy Cancer trailer1 - YouTube

I would also read the book "The Only Answer to Cancer" by Dr. Leonard Coldwell, wherein he discusses several different natural modalities.

If it were me, it would be the only choice I would make. But it's a path that each person must choose for themselves.

20yrsinBranson
Thank you for this information. It is very important.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:45 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Let's face it, if you've actually done the research....the extensive research that I've done, on how trans-fats came to be and came to be so popular, it all falls back on the big-corporation-dollar. That's the bottom line. It's called "extended shelf life" and "cost factor". Trans fats have a longer shelf life. In fact, for those interested, it's quite easy to see that there has been little done, by our "food/supplement" police, to actually eliminate them. All the corporations have done is decreased the serving size, so that NOW our labels read, "0 trans fats (per serving)" Unfortunately, much like the side effects warnings on television commercial...."per serving" is generally in nearly microscopic print.

Why, oh why...with so much money at stake, with so many potential health problems which can come about, due to the consumption of trans fats, would the government actually outlaw them? Why, that would be just as ridiculous as outlawing tobacco, wouldn't it?

What I find to be comical is this: Should consumers choose to completely avoid anything with the words, "hydrogenated/partially hydrogenated", let's face it, the market for them would be GONE. All of a sudden, the "food police" would come out of the woodwork and actually disclose just how dangerous these fats are....how they create a craving for FATS. They actually make the human body DESPERATE for fats.
Why must there be a big conspiracy? People eat saturated fats or trans fats because the products that contain them taste good. Cakes and cookies and pies, oh my! If the public demands those products without trans fat, the makers will find a way to provide them. It's already happening. Some places do have trans fat bans in place for restaurants.

Oils & Shortenings - Fat regulation - Cargill Food Ingredients

People who are concerned can learn to read labels and interpret serving sizes. The ones who think a family size bag of chips is a single serving do not care. They will, however, benefit from getting less trans fat in their fast food.

Do you have a source for trans fats causing craving for fat?

Old 02-05-2013, 06:47 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,720,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Why must there be a big conspiracy? People eat saturated fats or trans fats because the products that contain them taste good. Cakes and cookies and pies, oh my! If the public demands those products without trans fat, the makers will find a way to provide them. It's already happening. Some places do have trans fat bans in place for restaurants.

Oils & Shortenings - Fat regulation - Cargill Food Ingredients

People who are concerned can learn to read labels and interpret serving sizes. The ones who think a family size bag of chips is a single serving do not care. They will, however, benefit from getting less trans fat in their fast food.

Do you have a source for trans fats causing craving for fat?
Actually, I don't have my research available at the moment....."toted away in the attic". LOL I do have a link for a bit of information, which is a bit older, done by the UOM though.
Trans Fats 101 - Feature Story - University of Maryland Medicine

My packed away research explained how this foreign, hydrogenated molecule, is not usable by the human body, due to it's irregular formation. It does, however, attach itself to the "gateways" in the intestinal walls, which generally absorb the fatty acids that our cells require for proper functions. They get locked into the gateways, effectly plugging them, which keeps the essential fatty acids from reaching those cells. What does the body do? It starts telling our brain, "Hello? Needing some fatty acids (fats) to carry on some pretty darn important stuff here!!" How do we respond? We head right for more fats, because that's what we're craving. Unfortunately, many of the fats folks have laying around to much on?.....yeah, more transfats!

Not to worry though, science claims that 1-2 years, is all it takes for your body to "regenerate" the lining (hence shedding those transfats). Yeah, no worries folks. All we have to do is completely avoid transfats for 1-2 years and we'll be good as new. Okay, maybe not as good as new, but at least we'll have shed all of that "plastic, artificial fat", that is keeping our essential fatty acids at bay.

Seriously....creeped me the hell out, researching that stuff. BTW....yes, the research paper earned me a power A and truly freaked out a whole lot of my fellow nurses!

Old 02-05-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post

20yrsinBranson
Coldwell is just another fraud preying on people with cancer.

Quack dr. leonard coldwell

This reviewer of the book actually contacted the institutions with which Coldwell claimed affiliation:

Amazon.com: James Wilson's review of The Only Answer to Cancer

No one in the alternative medicine field knows him.

Please note the math. His claim to have cured 35,000 people of cancer does not add up.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Actually, I don't have my research available at the moment....."toted away in the attic". LOL I do have a link for a bit of information, which is a bit older, done by the UOM though.
Trans Fats 101 - Feature Story - University of Maryland Medicine

My packed away research explained how this foreign, hydrogenated molecule, is not usable by the human body, due to it's irregular formation. It does, however, attach itself to the "gateways" in the intestinal walls, which generally absorb the fatty acids that our cells require for proper functions. They get locked into the gateways, effectly plugging them, which keeps the essential fatty acids from reaching those cells. What does the body do? It starts telling our brain, "Hello? Needing some fatty acids (fats) to carry on some pretty darn important stuff here!!" How do we respond? We head right for more fats, because that's what we're craving. Unfortunately, many of the fats folks have laying around to much on?.....yeah, more transfats!

Not to worry though, science claims that 1-2 years, is all it takes for your body to "regenerate" the lining (hence shedding those transfats). Yeah, no worries folks. All we have to do is completely avoid transfats for 1-2 years and we'll be good as new. Okay, maybe not as good as new, but at least we'll have shed all of that "plastic, artificial fat", that is keeping our essential fatty acids at bay.

Seriously....creeped me the hell out, researching that stuff. BTW....yes, the research paper earned me a power A and truly freaked out a whole lot of my fellow nurses!
Sorry, I can find no references to trans fats causing craving for fat. The web site you link to makes no mention of that, either.

Trans fats are definitely absorbed, though metabolized differently from cis fats. I can find nothing about trans fats plugging any "gateways" in the intestine and blocking absorption of essential fatty acids. If that were true, the result would be a spectacular weight loss product, though probably one with a serious diarrhea side effect.

Trans fatty acids exert their effect on atherosclerosis by biochemical mechanisms that require their presence in tissue. Those mechanisms are still be elucidated, but they would not happen if the trans fats were stuck in the bowel wall.

Trans fats are assuredly best eliminated from the diet, just not for the reason you have postulated.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:28 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,124,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Coldwell is just another fraud preying on people with cancer.

Quack dr. leonard coldwell

This reviewer of the book actually contacted the institutions with which Coldwell claimed affiliation:

Amazon.com: James Wilson's review of The Only Answer to Cancer

No one in the alternative medicine field knows him.

Please note the math. His claim to have cured 35,000 people of cancer does not add up.
It has been my experience that as soon as someone offers up any type of effective treatment that " big pharma" and "big medicine" does not agree with, the first step is to try to discredit him. They second step is to try to intimidate him and the third step is to get rid of him.

I believe it was Ghandi who said, "“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” So it is a time-honored process to be sure.

It does not make his results any less remarkable, in fact, just the opposite. The fact that the establishment feels he is a threat to them only serves to prove his effectiveness.

Besides, his book is not all about him. It talks about many different protocols for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. Dr. Coldwell knows what he is talking about and he has cultivated many friends in the medical industry who support his protocol and the protocol of many others.

You do yourself a disservice to listen to people who are lashing out from fear or ignorance or both. It's laughable what lengths people will go to for the purposes of trying to discredit this great man. Those of us who know him, know better. Such lies roll off our back.

I stand by my suggestion to read his book. It could make all the difference.

20yrsinBRanson

Old 02-05-2013, 08:58 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,561,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapsk8 View Post
Hi all -

2012 - Had four surgeries, several rounds of chemo, showed up as NED and we though the cancer was gone. Did another Cat scan and surprise....it's back! I'm waiting for approval for a few phase 1 trials currently. Asked the Doc staraight up and he told me that untreated I have 6 to 12 months tolive.

Here is the kicker about it, I've not felt this good in the past 10 years (I'm 45). I lost about 30 pounds, started walking, you know really feeling good. Over the past few months, prior to my Cat scan, I have changed my eating habits to mostly plant based, no sugars, less processed foods, etc.

My question, has anyone here tried any Holistic approaches? For example, diet changes, body cleansing, etc. Over the past few weeks I have been ready specifically about the Gerson Therapy and maybe its because I am reaching for straws with my life but it makes a lot of sense to me???
You haven't gotten much help on this thread. I think you can do better than the Gerson diet. I don't have any experience with cancer, but have read about alternative treatments. They all seem to have 2 things in common, alkaline diet and oxygen rich-both of these environments tend to starve the cancer, along with eliminating sugar. So you want to pursue alkaline rich foods, and promote as much oxygen in your body as possible. Vitamin C is supposed to aid in oxygenating the body. Starting with that premise, I would start reading everything I could about this approach, also read about chelation therapy.
here is a site where surivors discuss diets
Alkaline diet versus the anti-cancer diet | Cancer Survivors Network
Read about the benefits of circumin (Turmeric)
Curcumin's ability to wage war on cancer stem cells further verified by research

natural news has lots of articles on cancer, review them

You may find something that you want to try on earthclinic, which is just people's testimonials about alternative treatments.
Cancer Remedies

and get Dr. Coldwell's book.

Last edited by claudhopper; 02-05-2013 at 09:10 PM..

Old 02-05-2013, 09:13 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,561,284 times
cheapsk8, I hope you'll come back here in a few months and tell us how and what you are doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine