Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 09:23 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times

Advertisements

The OP never posted again in this thread, though he did post on CD twice since, with the last post being in March. One of those other posts declared that he has -terminal- cancer, and might not live out the next six months.

If he's in end-stage cancer, it's not likely anything short of a miracle will cure him, and most treatments (alternative or otherwise) would merely delay the end, which -could- be torturous (imagine spending the few months left of your life being terminally sick AND undergoing chemo and radiation, or 12-times-daily coffee enemas, under the Gerson Therapy that he's asking about).

I hope he has simply found out that his cancer has gone into remission and therefore doesn't need to make such decisions, but it sounds from his previous posts (in other threads) that he is resigned to his very unfortunate and tragic fate, and is preparing his family financially for their future without him.

I hope that he makes the most of whatever time he has left, if that is the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 09:33 AM

304 posts, read 472,095 times
I was diagnosed with prostate cancer two years ago, have turned down all traditional treatments and taken Essiac Tea . So far so good.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:44 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
Default Holistic Options for Cancer

Homepathic cancer thread moved here. This is a thread from January and the title WAS homeopathic options, I think the OP meant Holistic options.

If anyone has some construction suggestions to help this person or to help anyone in a similar situation, feel free to post. We do not need to hear negative posts, that anything out of the mainstream is a hoax, that the person is a fool for trying, and so on. You are free to disagree with anything stated, but if you must, then do so politely and respectively or your post will be deleted and you may be restricted from posting anywhere on CD for a specified amount of time.

Last edited by in_newengland; 05-16-2013 at 12:08 PM..

Old 05-21-2013, 06:45 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,791,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Homepathic cancer thread moved here. This is a thread from January and the title WAS homeopathic options, I think the OP meant Holistic options.

If anyone has some construction suggestions to help this person or to help anyone in a similar situation, feel free to post. We do not need to hear negative posts, that anything out of the mainstream is a hoax, that the person is a fool for trying, and so on. You are free to disagree with anything stated, but if you must, then do so politely and respectively or your post will be deleted and you may be restricted from posting anywhere on CD for a specified amount of time.
Thank you for cleaning this up--I felt really bad for the OP, who must have been under a great deal of stress. And yes, I think that it is a common misconception that homeopathic and holistic are interchangeable, when in fact homeopathic medicine is a subspecialty of the holistic methods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine