Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 11:48 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times

Advertisements

I was talking to whitelotus, should have addressed her. The high potassium in V8 helps me with a lift and I know grape seed ex adds energy for the body. Everything got worse for me with aging and I'm a good 20 yrs older than you Mikala.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2016, 12:06 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I was talking to whitelotus, should have addressed her. The high potassium in V8 helps me with a lift and I know grape seed ex adds energy for the body. Everything got worse for me with aging and I'm a good 20 yrs older than you Mikala.
Sorry I misunderstood your post!

I would take crack right now to get me going.

I have a trip to Vegas with another couple (up all night kind), and week wake boarding and camping, a week of theme parks. I would like to be energetic for all of that, but if not, I WILL power through it.

Off to the gym....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-24-2016, 12:12 PM

I worked out at the gym into my 60's and "thought" I'd be going into my 80's....how wrong that thinking turned out.. OA took over more and more and told me to slow down. A man at our gym was a fanatic and had every joint replaced and worked out daily with a lot of pain meds, but that was his addiction, working out. We called him the bionic man.

Old 05-24-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
My diet is near impeccable. 15-20 fruits and veggies a day. 80% home made food. I rotate my proteins, I rotate my oils. I do intense workout 1 hour a day 5 days a week.

Intense fatigue has been getting worse. I thought it was from the RA and Fibro, but at my physical I was mildly hypo so I happily got on the meds.

I'm still so damn tired, it's like someone gave me a sedative. I power through it but it is wearing me down. I just added dessicated thyroid, but so far nothing. I tried to see what would happen yesterday if I went with how I felt I took a nap for 3 hours and then went to bed that evening and slept for 12.

It's a pain, because fatigue is a side effect of all those conditions to I'm not sure the cause.
15-20 fruits and veggies daily. Sounds like a LOT to me. Even in my much younger days, I ate a little more fruit than I do today. Sounds like a lot of sugar even thou from fruit.

Old 05-24-2016, 01:17 PM

699 posts, read 1,014,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
15-20 fruits and veggies daily. Sounds like a LOT to me. Even in my much younger days, I ate a little more fruit than I do today. Sounds like a lot of sugar even thou from fruit.
Mikala, I was thinking the same thing.....if I ingested that much sugar, I'd have flu like symptoms.......exhaustion, body aches.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:27 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
I didn't say how many fruits I eat so that is odd.

I eat about 3 prunes a day for obvious reasons. I make a smoothie that contains a PORTION of each fruit (like an 1/8 of a grapefruit, quarter of an orange). I can have 6 different fruits (NOT A WHOLE fruit) in a smoothie along with 5 or so veggies. I bought apricots so I'll have one as a snack.

The rest is vegetables. I sneak into regular recipes, like spinach, carrots and zucchini into spaghetti sauce, and pair with a side salad with more veggies. There may also be a side vegetable.

When I track my food intake, my sugar is low. My blood sugar is tested every 3 months and it's always normal.

It's funny how you all jumped on the fruit and ignored the rest.

I do not eat ice cream, or cake, or cookies or any desserts unless it is a special occasion.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-24-2016, 03:56 PM

The 15-20 jumped out at me. I read all of your post.

Old 05-24-2016, 09:05 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Mikala, intense workout can make hypo symptoms worse. Cutting back and lower impact might help.

Can you tell me more about this? I'm genuinely curious about it. Thanks.

Old 05-24-2016, 11:39 PM

3,122 posts, read 2,066,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Can you tell me more about this? I'm genuinely curious about it. Thanks.
It's common for hypo people to have to adjust their exercise routines. Many need a day of rest between sessions and typically require other changes.

Hypo is a symptom of an underlying cause, commonly an autoimmune disease. Athletes who overtrain can become hypo so someone already fatigued by hypo and dealing with a stressor such as autoimmune can worsen their symptoms by "overtraining" relative to their health conditions. This "overtraining" causes the immune system to become hyperactive which may contribute to the autoimmune condition.

What is intense varies by individual. It can push the body's stress response too far, leading to chronic fatigue and other health problems. It also increases cortisol; chronically high levels can lead to sleep issues, memory impairment, depression and other issues.

Old 05-24-2016, 11:58 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,111,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
My potassium is fine.

Not sure what gave the impression that I give a lot of stuff up? I don't. I just like veggies and they are good for me. I feel best when I eat healthy. I am a big proponent on whole foods, and have been incorporating organic and locally grown.

A lot of the fruits/veggies go into a smoothie, and I add everything even rinds from citrus.

I just got off a weekend with lots of parties, pork belly, truffle gnocchi, cheesecake..... you name it and I probably ate it this weekend. /lol

If something like a V8 gave me a lift, I wouldn't be complaining about being tired.

I'm used to some fatigue but this oppressive. I had bad brain fog before I started seeing the doctor along with pain, but this is like body fog, my brain is like "come on!! lets go!" and my body is "give me a moment. Ahhhh, no. How about more sleep?"

I see both of my docs in about a month. I have labs to do before, I'll do them today and they mail a copy to my house so I can see if anything is going on.
that brain fog and tired feeling is the worst
I was hyper, and would be wide awake at 3am, and then exhausted all day.... The only way I could describe it, is similar to the tiredness one feels with a flu

I hope they're doing t3 & t4 tests - not just tsh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine