Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 10:34 AM

8,620 posts, read 5,648,693 times

Advertisements

I recently went to visit a naturopath and he prescribed a homeopathic remedy, which I took. It made a huge difference in my condition.

Then, just recently, I felt unwell - achy, etc. and took the flu remedy (the one with the long name) - again, felt better right away.

I just ordered a large set on Amazon. I think the distributor is Washington. It was very reasonable.

I had taken a course in homeopathy, but it is very complicated, so don't remember hardly anything - I ordered a reference book and now will be using remedies for whatever ails me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2018, 03:25 PM

9,852 posts, read 7,722,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
I recently went to visit a naturopath and he prescribed a homeopathic remedy, which I took. It made a huge difference in my condition.

Then, just recently, I felt unwell - achy, etc. and took the flu remedy (the one with the long name) - again, felt better right away.

I just ordered a large set on Amazon. I think the distributor is Washington. It was very reasonable.

I had taken a course in homeopathy, but it is very complicated, so don't remember hardly anything - I ordered a reference book and now will be using remedies for whatever ails me.
Good luck learning, you can do it!

I had a wonderful homeopathic chiropractor back in the 80's. They moved away and I learned how to diagnose and prescribe by reading some of the family oriented homeopathic books and then got a Materia Medica and Repertory. I already had purchased a kit of about 100 remedies and bought extras directly from Boiron since they really weren't available in stores yet.

Personally, I like using the single ingredient remedies, like Arnica, and not the mixes, but we have used Oscillococcum for flu/colds in the past.

Best of luck to you, so much easier now since you can also get so much info online and can buy remedies in many local stores.

Old 08-30-2018, 03:42 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,667,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post

Great that it worked so well for you! It IS very complicated. You have to consider the person's constitution, not just the symptoms. It worked for me dramatically one time and I was very grateful for that. Nothing the regular MD did worked at all.

Too bad they stopped developing it and going any further with it, because they were on the right track. I can't believe it works because it really shouldn't--but in the right hands with a very skillful person, it certainly can. There's a lot of knowledge in homeopathy and I hope it's never lost. Even if they just take clues from what remedies worked for what problems, that would be something. Because they were really onto something with homeopathy.

Old 08-30-2018, 04:16 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,648,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Good luck learning, you can do it!

I had a wonderful homeopathic chiropractor back in the 80's. They moved away and I learned how to diagnose and prescribe by reading some of the family oriented homeopathic books and then got a Materia Medica and Repertory. I already had purchased a kit of about 100 remedies and bought extras directly from Boiron since they really weren't available in stores yet.

Personally, I like using the single ingredient remedies, like Arnica, and not the mixes, but we have used Oscillococcum for flu/colds in the past.

Best of luck to you, so much easier now since you can also get so much info online and can buy remedies in many local stores.
When I studied it, several years ago, I didn't resonate with it the way I do now.

I have a hard time memorizing stuff, so will rely heavily on the reference book and online resources.

I am excited to have the opportunity to take care of myself this way.

Old 09-04-2018, 01:39 PM

3,122 posts, read 2,066,293 times
I have used arnica gel for arthritis pain. It worked but it's really an herbal remedy. I know that some companies put word "homeopathic" on the label but that is somewhat misleading and there more for marketing purposes.

True homeopathic remedies follow the like cures like principal and are diluted to the point that there is no measurable active ingredient. Arnica gel does contain a measurable percentage of active arnica which makes it more an herbal remedy.

Old 09-04-2018, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
I have used arnica gel for arthritis pain. It worked but it's really an herbal remedy. I know that some companies put word "homeopathic" on the label but that is somewhat misleading and there more for marketing purposes.

True homeopathic remedies follow the like cures like principal and are diluted to the point that there is no measurable active ingredient. Arnica gel does contain a measurable percentage of active arnica which makes it more an herbal remedy.
I think you're correct on that. I keep a tube of arnica gel on hand and it works great on muscle pains. But it's not homeopathic.

Old 09-05-2018, 07:28 AM

9,852 posts, read 7,722,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I think you're correct on that. I keep a tube of arnica gel on hand and it works great on muscle pains. But it's not homeopathic.
I have that too, but I also have the homeopathic Arnica in the blue & white tube. It is an amazing remedy.

Old 09-05-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
I have that too, but I also have the homeopathic Arnica in the blue & white tube. It is an amazing remedy.
Does the homeopathic Arnica work on pain, specifically muscle pain?

Old 09-05-2018, 10:16 AM

1,624 posts, read 1,355,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Does the homeopathic Arnica work on pain, specifically muscle pain?
I've used it that way. I could feel the 6X a little but not much. I had to go a little higher dilution for it to kick in.

Old 09-05-2018, 11:02 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
I was under impression Arnica is a homeopathic. I have used it over the years but it does not do much for my OA pain issues.

On homeopathic in general, the Calms Forte' I use with my sleep combo, keeps me in a good 8+hr sleep.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 09-05-2018 at 11:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine